Hittite thread

Let us talk about the Hittites

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/kurdish-majority-turkey-within-one-generation-705466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hitites?
>More like Hit-by-the-Late-Ice, amirite?

More like Shittites

Hey OP, let's talk about you being a fucking fag

How on Earth did they have their capital, Hattusa, in the middle of the Anatolian highlands? From what I have heard the area is rather harsh so how did they feed the city?

Because the Anatolian peninsula was amazingly fertile. It's not until the shit muslims came in that you see the area turn to shit.

Los pretty fertile today though

Looks*

Don't listen to that nigger it still is.
The anatolian interior feeds turkey.
The black sea coast is also pretty fertile most of turkey's tea comes from there.

>post yfw Anatolia will return to Indo-European control in your lifetime
Pretty pumped desu

Hittites are my favourite civ in Age of Empires

Keep believing that cuckboi.
Most of them are assimilated.

What I meant was that from what I heard, Hattusa was built on a rocky mountain so I was wondering whether if it could build farms within the city in the event of siege or have to totally depend on stored food reserves.

They built dams...

>muh Indoeuropean
>PCA shows bronze age Anatolians cluster with Near Easterners
>all paintings from Hittites and Egyptians depict the Hittites as dark haired/eyed with brown skin

WE WUZ KAAAAANGZ

ibtimes.com/kurdish-majority-turkey-within-one-generation-705466
Here's what's going to happen, roach.
>Kurds will vote to change T*rkey into Kurdistan
>millions of Kurd diaspora will flock to the new Kurdistan, further diluting the number of T*rks in the country
>once absolute majority is established, T*rks will be deported back to Kazakhstan, where they'll be blown up by fellow Indo-European Russians when shit hits the fan

>he thinks Indo-European is a genetic marker
El oh el

I assume you're a whitey since you're the guys obsessed with this Indoeuropean shit (especially slavs).
Why would you want Anatolia to speak Hittite?

You still wouldn't understand shit about their language

Did they completely shave their beards?

Is this like the Turkish version of white genocide

Not necessarily, those were Egyptians

that picture is cringe

you are cringe

that map is so much bullshit, must have been made by a 40 iq kurdish nationalist troglodyte
here is the actual map of areas with a kurdish majority

Those () are sure as fuck not egyptian

By "those were Egyptians", I meant only Egyptians were always clean shaven

And as you see Hittites did indeed sport beards sometimes

Looks like a hustomte.

BATTLE OF MEGIDDO BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

>Kurds
>Hittite

Cool, but we are talking about events that included the Httites.

Explain

Were the Hittites involved in Megiddo? I thought not.

I MEANT QADESH LMAO.

Hittites had giants? Awesome.
Or are the guys below the rocks just midgets?

What did the Hittites look like?

They could easily have imported dirt from surrounding areas for farms in the city, a foot deep or so would be more than enough.

His map could have included ruralareas where Kurds are a majority, but have Turkish majority cities nearby making the province minority Kurdish.

KURDS ARE NOT HITTITE!

kurds

>ywn lead an army of battle-fairies

B-b-but the morphology system of their language started with this set of prehistoric tribes and not the other! They have 100 words that sound like words from Sanskrit and Latin philosophy books! Indo-European heritage 4ever!!!

They chose the site for its defensive value first and foremost. They supplied themselves thru Imperial extortion, and as soon as their power faded the city they built was abandoned precisely because it was far from any good food source.

yeah this and the 3-4 million syrian refugee shits

There wasn't much open space inside the city but they probably had some herb gardens and maybe chickens and the like. The lands around are okay pasturage, so they'd have things like milk and cheese and meat close at hand. They imported very large amounts of grains, as well as olives, olive oil, wine, perfume, etc etc from all across the ancient world but they paid for this from taxing their subject peoples, they didn't produce anything much but were essentially a race of warriors and priests, and their capital likewise was more like a bunch of temples plus a palace than it was a "real" city.

I will just give a (you) for trying

Wow, thanks for the info! Do you know where the main agricultural regions in Anatolia are?

They supplied grani from Egypt through the ships of Ugarit

Based Medes

The Glory of the Aryan race shall soon be restored

>stating facts

You're damn right I'm trying.

they're both Indo-European

do we have any knowledge on what Hittite religion and society look like? I heard Anatolians are to Indo-Europeans like East Germanics are to Proto-Germanic, very close

Lol

Isn't that a deity on the left?

why is this thread full of shitposts?
is it because it involves modern Turkey?

Egyptians shaved their hair to avoid lice infestations. It wasn't a popular solution anywhere else. Most men had beards at the very least.

Not most but a good deal yes among Hittites like one every six

So are the Romans, the Celts, the Vikings, the Persians, and the Gothic tribes.

That fucking explains jack shit.

>posts picture of rocky hills with no topsoil to prove fertility of land
You didn't happen to grow up in a city by any chance did you user?

This map you presented is based on information of Turkey in 1965.
This one is more recent; so yea, the Kurds will soon take over turkey and thats a good thing.

Were the Hittites really wiped out?

Yes, Hittite disappeared around 1200 bc as a language

No, I mean, as an ethnicity

Sad since it's the oldest IE language attested. Had some really archaic shit in there.

literally the aztecs of middle east