Spartacus

Can someone tell me what the fuck is up with the costumes for matrons in this show? Roman Matrons never dressed like this. More so if you're speaking of a senator's daughter. Can't they use HBO Rome's costume design as a branch point?

Like seriously this was just the beginning of the late republic. Regardless, no women would dress like this. I know it was in Capua, which is a slightly a hotter climate but still.

shit Veeky Forums shiw desu. Creator(s) even said he didn't care in checking his sources as the setting was secindary to him

That's like the worst excuse ever.This is almost surpassing the Spartan's get up from 300 retarded.

Its also the exact same people that did Xena/Hercules.

Hmm, I almost forgot how bad that was too. Still doesn't surpass Spartans though.

>how bad
It was perfectly fine for a comedy adventure with myths.

Yes for laughs, but it doesn't mean they weren't cringe worthy.

Your momma's son is cringe worthy.

>Why isn't fiction historically accurate!

Nobody is gonna watch a historically accurate adaptation nigger. People want to see tits, fucking and bloodshed every episode.

*blocks your accuracy*

Yknow I actually did some digging and found out that a leather replica of lorica segmentata is about $70 more expensive than an accurate metal replica. No idea why they use them.

Why are you watching a show that feels like an Uwe Boll movie with 300's budget and art direction and expecting it to be anything but utter fucking shit?

>mfw I checked and it's true
Good lord, how do you go from doing a perfectly self-aware show like Xena to the total shitshow that is Spartacus? Did Tapert and Raimi just reach senility or something?

>perfectly self-aware
>Xena
I wish.
Xena took a huge dump in quality when greek Satan and muh baby drama started to happen. Never really recovered.

Hercules had same issues where it started to take itself way too seriously, but never quite dragged out the dramatic parts.

>tits, fucking and bloodshed every episode
There would be absolutely nothing ahistorical about making a show this way. Producers make shows ahistorical because they're too lazy to actually research shit and make accurate sets and costumes.

Accurate sets and costumes are more boring.

>Xena took itself too seriously
Now, I admit I haven't watched it all because not all seasons got broadcasted in my country, but I do remember it breaking the fourth wall in more than a few occasions. How seriously can a show take itself if it does that?

Bullshit. Rome was much more accurate than Spartacus yet it looked so much better the latter's costumes are rags in comparison.
Actually scratch that, Spartacus costumes ARE literal rags. There's no way you can convince me that shit like was actually a design choice rather than hastily sewn up from leftovers.

Rome and Spartacus are very different shows. Spartacus is lower budget and relied on a LOT of sex. Hence the costumes and shitty sets. Get it now?

>leather armor

Sparyacus was an action quip-a-lip that didnt take itself seriously and the first two seasons were gold

Rome was a pretentious garbage trying to be realistic with its "gritty" cynicism and ended up being boring trash for smack up snobs

Spartacus was an action quip-a-lip that didnt take itself seriously and the first two seasons were gold

Rome was a pretentious garbage trying to be realistic with its "gritty" cynicism and ended up being boring trash for smack up snobs

I doubt they had cash for good sets, historical expert or research. Most of the show was filmed in tiny little rooms or with those godawful CGI backgrounds.
Until something like season 4 they clearly had fuck all for budget.

They killed off Joxer for example and had a wide variation of other drama. Comic relief episodes got quite a bit more rare overtime although there were still excellent ones here and there.
>Bullshit. Rome was much more accurate than Spartacus yet it looked so much better the latter's costumes are rags in comparison.

Rome had a huge budget

>fuck all for budget
That's not really the point. You can go look at stuff like Troy or 300 if you prefer, and their costumes still are shit compared to Rome's or even (ignoring armor) I, Claudius.

>the first two seasons were gold
It was so boring I barely managed to finish season 1, and that pretty much only for the tits involved. Rome was actually enjoyable to watch.

It is the point for Spartacus though. 300 is based on a comic book and Troy is based on Brad Pitt's abs

>rome was garbage
kys

Oh, I'm sorry maybe I didn't raise my brow enough, eh?

ahahha Spartacus is alpha male high test fun, Rome is for high brow slobbish snob nu males

But Spartacus wasn't the point. The first user was arguing about historical costumes not being used because they're too boring, while I was arguing for low production values.
You putting forth the opinion that Spartacus had shit costumes due to budget restraints damages my argument not at all.

Because a leather one is lighter, easier to store, transport, maintain and if needed can be modified with a pair of scissors and a sewing needle.

>leather replica of lorica segmentata
user, how often do you actually see that shit used? Leather armor almost invariably comes in the form of cuirass, usually looking like they've recycled the sofa's upholstery.

I thoroughly enjoyed Spartacus but

>1 gladiator able to fight a dozen roman legionnaries at the same time
>Flaming Catapults being used on the battlefield
>Useless gladiator armour
>Noble women paying for gladiators to fuck them

The clothes of the matrons are a very minor point

I can absolutely believe that last part although it wouldn't become as big and popular as that

I'd love to sniff Roman MOMMY sandal feet.

Spartacus rules, Rome drools. If you want nice costumes go to a fucking museum or something.

They wear Lorica Segmentata in 50BC and act like its the mid principate too.

The show is balls, its shit, don't worry about it.

I think you are OP being butthurt that people called out your shit taste