Who are the most gifted orators in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-5uyp44WA
youtube.com/watch?v=3NqG2lAojNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jGsd24t6U1w
youtu.be/n8WhT9BwpRs?t=36
youtu.be/uaKBFxA3dKw?list=PLpfvSW5iwM12EkRebRcedGYIXYO92xOwo&t=41
youtube.com/watch?v=ePxJJb7vSSg
youtube.com/watch?v=vblj3x1-KMI
youtu.be/OvCdIzLZt-Q?t=170
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pic unrelated

Just another tradcon boomer telling young men to "man up" and exonerating everyone else for the problems modern society faces.

>exonerating everyone else
blame your stars, not the people

You're not gonna do jack shit about "the system" or whatever faceless entity you blame for your problems so yeah, you should man up and imrpove your situation despite everything

Sargon of akkad

Since nobody heard them all, and sionce so many died before recording technology existed, there is no way to know.

There was a civil war general who was a professor of rhetoric before the war. One day, he simply decided that he wanted to help free the slaves, so he went to the middle of a town and simply started giving a fiery speech until all the military-age men in the town were gathered around and he recruited them into his own private army, paying their salaries, buying guns and uniforms with his own money. You know the scene in the film "Gettysburg" where Union general orders his men to fix bayonets and they go charging down the hill? That's him.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-5uyp44WA

In American history:
George Washington
>He then took a pair of reading glasses from his pocket, which were new; few of the men had seen him wear them. He then said: "Gentlemen, you will permit me to put on my spectacles, for I have not only grown gray but almost blind in the service of my country." This caused the [Newburgh conspirators] to realize that Washington had sacrificed a great deal for the Revolution, just as much as any of them. These, of course, were his fellow officers, most having worked closely with him for several years. Many of those present were moved to tears, and with this act, the conspiracy collapsed as he read the letter. He then left the room, and General Knox and others offered resolutions reaffirming their loyalty.
Abraham Lincoln
>The traditional reason given for the lack of any written recollection of the Lost Speech is that Lincoln's skilled and powerful oration had mesmerized every person in attendance. Reporters were said to have laid down their pencils and neglected note taking, as if hypnotized by Lincoln's words. When the speech ended no notes existed, so media reports of the day simply recorded the fact that the speech had been delivered.
Also unironically Huey Long:
>Long successfully argued the case on appeal before the United States Supreme Court (Comberland Telephone & Telegraph Co. v. Louisiana Public Service Commission et al., 260 U.S. 212 (1922), prompting Chief Justice William Howard Taft to describe Long as one of the best legal minds he had ever encountered.

desu I find it funny that he's such a father figure to a bunch of young men who probably got told by their mom/dad several times to man the fuck up but ignored them and then this youtuber guy shows up and says "clean your room" and suddenly they actually give a fuck about personal responsability

Woah...

Cicero?

youtube.com/watch?v=3NqG2lAojNQ
>tfw he was right about everything the whole time

I'm just spitballing here but maybe those young men who were so disillusioned by their parents saw them as failures so they weren't figures to look up to. There's nothing obviously manly about working in an office (even though you are working to feed your ungrateful little shit), but Peterson taps into that stereotypical "wise old teacher in the community", and that resonates more with the modern generation than their parents who ended up working for "the man"

Based Mosley
youtube.com/watch?v=jGsd24t6U1w

Codreanu and Degrelle were also notable. All the major fascist leaders were great orators.

>tfw don't understand French well enough to understand Degrelle and don't understand Romanian at all
JUST

>There was suddenly a hush in the crowd. A tall, darkly handsome man dressed in the white costume of a Rumanian peasant rode into the yard on a white horse. He halted close to me, and I could see nothing monstrous or evil in him. On the contrary. His childlike, sincere smile radiated over the miserable crowd, and he seemed to be with it yet mysteriously apart from it. Charisma is an inadequate word to define the strange force that emanated from this man. He was more aptly simply part of the forests, of the mountains, of the storms on the snow-covered peaks of the Carpathians, and of the lakes and rivers. And so he stood amid the crowd, silently. He had no need to speak. His silence was eloquent; it seemed to be stronger than we, stronger than the order of the prefect who denied him speech. An old, whitehaired peasant woman made the sign of the cross on her breast and whispered to us, "The emissary of the Archangel Michael!" Then the sad little church bell began to toll, and the service which invariably preceded Legionary meetings began. Deep impressions created in the soul of a child die hard. In more than a quarter of a century I have never forgotten my meeting with Corneliu Zelea Codreanu.

As much as I despise Peterson I understand this. External stimulus can make you see necessary or helpful behaviors that you would otherwise reject in a very different light. Living with my girlfriend these past 6 months, instead of both of us living with our parents, has helped me appreciate and understand necessary duties (cooking, cleaning, shopping, saving money) more than my mom's lectures ever could.

For guys who watch Twitch streams 9 hours a day, some Canadian self-promoter can do the same thing.

Damn now I really wanna skin Jewish children alive and hang their bodies from meat hooks

I always found Daniel Hannan pretty good desu

yeah, fuck Codreanu for letting his two years dead corpse do that

>spends his life leading a campaign to dehumanize minorities and political opponents, encouraging violence against them
>somehow has nothing to do with his supporters following through on this

maybe they shouldn't have been abusing the Romanian peasantry then

>No one posted Pericles, the man at the zenith of Western oration
The fucking state of Veeky Forums.

spooked as fuck

holy shit not this dude, go back to 7th grade

>Not Demosthenes
LMAO

Might as well also mention Demosthenes
>"Two characteristics, men of Athens, a citizen of a respectable character...must be able to show: when he enjoys authority, he must maintain to the end the policy whose aims are noble action and the pre-eminence of his country: and at all times and in every phase of fortune he must remain loyal. For this depends upon his own nature; while his power and his influence are determined by external causes. And in me, you will find, this loyalty has persisted unalloyed...For from the very first, I chose the straight and honest path in public life: I chose to foster the honour, the supremacy, the good name of my country, to seek to enhance them, and to stand or fall with them."

There's a large difference between Peterson and any random persons parents, though. Peterson breaks down the psychology and 'spirituality' behind every action and the ramifications of said actions. People don't enjoy simply being told what to do and getting a 'it's what's best for you'. They want a narrative and to tie in their everyday actions and duties with a comprehensive worldview, even more enticing when it contains a spiritual aspect.
It gives them a sense of place in the world and by carrying out the actions prescribed it fulfills their need for a role/niche. Most of the western world stopped teaching moral lessons and tying together duties with them, things simply became 'what you're supposed to do'. This is what creates so many rebels and /pol/tards. This is also what drives people towards communism and globalist ideals since they have a direct, albeit opaque, way of looking at the world; what is right, what is wrong, and all that.

In our superficial materialist modern world where most have cast aside their religious foundations, Peterson offers a worldview rooted in the pseudospiritual psychology of the most ancient parts of the human mind.

Yeah 5 year old Jewish girls were really keeping down the Romanians

Fucking retarded

his name is petey pete
he's the king of the rhumba beat

Spot fucking on

>Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears

>so disillusioned by their parents saw them as failures so they weren't figures to look up to.
ya how about you grow the fuck up, this isn't middle school. how about you read books instead of watching the "wise old teacher" on youtube and stroking your own ego

>There's nothing obviously manly about working in an office
there is nothing more manly than the never ending drudgery of office work. kids realize this when they grow up. we're not all afforded the opportunity to follow our dreams, it's called "real life"

>taps into that stereotypical "wise old teacher in the community", and that resonates more with the modern generation than their parents who ended up working for "the man"
cuz the modern generation has access to more information at their fingertips than any other, yet they're dumb as fuck. no other generation has thought they have it "all figured out" more than people >25yo right now

yea it's sad really, internet tricks young people into thinking humanity in this era has things all figured out. modern society is fucked

Degrelle was the greatest modern French orator. Pure poetry.

unironically alex jones
youtu.be/n8WhT9BwpRs?t=36

Cicero, Caesar, Hitler, Jesus

Politics aside, for a moment:
>Goebbels
>Hitler
At least we have recordings of their orations for us to judge.
youtu.be/uaKBFxA3dKw?list=PLpfvSW5iwM12EkRebRcedGYIXYO92xOwo&t=41

>"Jene Divisionen, die jetzt schon zu kleinen Offensiven angetreten sind und in den nächsten Wochen und Monaten zu Großoffensiven antreten werden in diesen Kampf hineingehen wie in einen Gottesdienst. Und wenn sie ihre Gewehre schultern und ihre Panzerfahrzeuge besteigen, dann haben sie nur ihre erschlagenen Kinder und geschändeten Frauen vor Augen und ein Schrei der Rache wird aus ihren Kehlen emporsteigen, vor dem der Feind erblassen wird."

This

...and this. No one impacted the world more than the man from Nazareth.

Hardships of live tought me that it's all bullshit that people indoctrinate themesleves into beliving (biology beeing a huge factor in that) . There is nothing holy and great about beeing a disposable breeding machine atlough i guess if someone can find "enjoyment" in that then it's easier to live. Also Peterson fails to realize that ideology stems from the enviroment and the realities of life mroe then the other way around.

*life

>yea it's sad really, internet tricks young people into thinking humanity in this era has things all figured out. modern society is fucked

You know what's sadder? Putting children through 12 years of public education with teachers who had the same exact mindset but without the tools that enable that mindset.

Modern society is fucked because previous generations thought they had it all figured out without the verifying ability, or exposure to alternate views, that the internet provides.

>kids realize this when they grow up. we're not all afforded the opportunity to follow our dreams, it's called "real life"

Here's the thing. You have this absolutely fucking cancerous mindset where everything turns grey. The office wouldn't feel nearly as sucky if they just switched those fucking lights that fuck up your circadian rhythm. The office wouldn't be as bad if you took the time to take care of yourself in both diet and exercise.

The office didn't drag you, you dragged your conscience into being the bottom bitch for models of depressive pseudo-reality..

CONT.

That 12 years of fucking useless is kind of a crux. You're right in that the internet gives a lot of people smugness they shouldn't have.

At the same time, public education is based on the smugness of assholes with such perverse intentions and such...psychopathy. You're railing against these know-it-alls but we've been taught by even more spiritually craven and ignoble people aka public school admin and public school teachers.

How can you blame kids for the retarded world their, coked out and xanaxed out and boozed out, parents created? There is no individual morality which is to blame for this disaster of ages.

>"Eines Tages wird unsere Geduld zu Ende sein und dann wird den Juden das freche Lügenmaul gestopft werden!"
What did he mean by this?

Go back in time and tell the founding fathers or Lenin that

You're not the founding fathers or Lenin so fix your own shit first. But hey if I'm wrong, when you upturn modern civilization you can go on the podium and call out that retarded user that doubted you

If you're incapable of respecting the sacrifices your parents made for you, you're incapable of being an adult in any serious fashion, since understanding what you owe to who is an important part of personal responsibility.

Hitler
Obama
Alex Jones
Jordan Peterson
Stefan Moly
and a whole bunch

Marcus Antonius
See: his funeral oration

>fix your own shit first
>dont help anyone before you help yourself

How are you helping people right now?

Im not, why do you ask?

Because it was my impression I was talking with an user who disliked people telling him to man up and fix his shit, and then that user told me he was helping other people beat the Man first

I don't have anything else to contribute, but i would just like to say that this a good post and i appreciate your presence

I mean I know that, but I'm just saying, the kids that see him as a father figure over their own actual fathers don't appear to understand that.

Nope. They didn't get good anything by their parents. Most are kids from single moms. Same with \pol\.

the basis for any great orator is simply one which speaks what they perceive to be truth with great conviction and vigor while having the knowledge of the subject to voice it intelligently, directly, emotionally, and concisely. That's all it is. While that doesn't come around too much, at least in terms of honest belief rather than manipulative and submersive intentions, that's all it takes.

Richard Feynman

>his teachings are not taught as early as primary school

Look at Anonymous, just another butthurt faggot blaming other people for his own problems.

Clean your room kid.

Varg

Sins of the father, fucking retard

Guess we should genocide all whites then for the age of imperialism and destroying the enviornment

What is with the shit state of things when it hits the evening timezones in the Americas.. Fuck.
Shitposting belongs on:
t. American in Germany

Or phrased correctly in the capitalist mode of thought - if you want to run the country then you belong to the citizens, punk, so you'd better pay us and you'd better not charge us for your state projects.

It's like, what kind of insane idiots would even try to tax poor people? Or middle people?

I didn't mean to link your post, because it's shit too.

>People don't enjoy simply being told what to do and getting a 'it's what's best for you'.

Well that's because it's always a lie. It's almost certainly what is best for the person telling you what to do.

Obama and Farrakhan.

Good post, user

>public school teachers are bad people

Unironically Donald Trump. Few people speak with his conviction, power, and sincerity. Whenever he speaks, he makes it seem like every other speaker in the room is not being genuine.

>people used to be told stuff that may or not be true so this person telling stuff that is definitely not true is good!
If you say so.

Chris Christie. Go to 1:45 in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=ePxJJb7vSSg

Find me a speaker in recent history who speaks that plainly and powerfully.

I barely know him, but I love how triggered commietards are over him exposing their filthy hives.
Watching them squirm and bawl as they're exposed to mass public condemnation is hilarious, as though their moronic ideas arent loathed by 99% of the population.

>\pol\
Jesus Christ, Reddit...

>memerson

A lot of them are. Well not necessarily bad people but bad, to fucking terrible, at their job. If you knew how badly you got ripped off, you'd be angry. As for bad bad people, public school administrations are the most corrupt, snake filled, bullshit machines an angry God put on man.

Public schools are not worth the money nowadays. In a society of increasing class stratification, why the fuck would I set my child up to fucking failure by sending them to a pompous daycare center?

And of course they ignore scientific concepts like "circadian rhythym" and force teens to show up on hours that are ungodly to an intiate into the mysteries of sexual maturity who struggles with mood swings. I'm not even going into nutrition because that gets me really fucking mad.

Maybe for a section of the audience, the people who have already decided what he SHOULD mean and fill in the blanks.

For an equal number of people it's simply impossible to know what he means by anything. I mean, will he tell us he was kidding all along, like he's done a few times?

And for normalfops they probably hear him saying the opposite of what they think he SHOULD say.

Remember that hardly anyone voted for him. Like a quarter of voters. Three quarters would have preferred to vote for someone else. Half would have preferred to vote for someone else who wasn't on the ballot.

What a strangely impassioned and autistic rant

This is a decent post, yo.

Want to help kids at school? Feed them. Let them attend classes at a reasonable hour. Have teachers who will answer their questions.

Want to help colleges and employers, and don't give a fuck about the students? Why not keep the same old system.

Rick Roderick

youtube.com/watch?v=vblj3x1-KMI

He is a weak looking faggot, the way he looks contradicts the whole "man up" shtick, why do people take him seriously?

Patrick Henry was widely considered the best Orator among the founders. Washington was good but he wasn't even the sole author of his farewell address.

I came here to talk shit about Jordan Peterson but OP's filename takes care of that.

That's all. Enjoy your thread.

It's almost as if autistic thinking concentrates on manipulating objects instead of people. It's almost as if the reduced number of mirror neurons protect one from poisonous group think. It's almost like I get tired of these fucking apes and their shitty problem solving skills.

A bit: Fetuses who get low NO (Nitric Oxide) tend to develop more autistic traits and fetuses who get high NO become your average shitbag manipulator of an ape. But why the difference?

Because when a mother has metabolic stress (starvation, disease, etc), it's a big sign that the surroundings are similarly desolate/war torn/FUBAR . In this situation, you don't want the manipulative ape. It was probably manipulations of such and sort that caused the fucking thing. But the "autistic" ape...ah! If your parents/community couldn't keep shit together, it's more important to look reality square in the eye.
When times are good, high NO in the fetus produces shitbag manipulative apes. What a fucked up cycle.

Is everything ok at home user?

Came here to post this.

How can you help others if you can't even help yourself. Its just common sense

If you mean the youtuber, I agree.

Me.

Do you really find selfless acts to be so incomprehensible? I bet you dont commit any charity unless you know someone is watching.

> The office didn't drag you, you dragged your conscience into being the bottom bitch for models of depressive pseudo-reality.

Absolutely agree. Life is only as miserable as you make it. I've had numerous jobs that were varying degrees of shitty, from stocking supermarket shelves and loading/unloading trucks when I was a teenager, to working in a liquor store while in uni, to working as an intern for a company that dealt with therapy for the mentally ill/disturbed, to working as a therapist, and now just doing research in behavioral psychology, which I definitely find most engaging, and at the end of the day the only job I really hated was the first one, and that was only for the first few months.

I spent every work day dreading the moment I would have to leave for work and then counting the minutes until I could leave for home. I slacked off where possible and only did the bare minimum.
One day I figured that the job wasn't going to change and that I was going to stick with it anyway, since the extra pocket money was too good to pass up, and just make it more tolerable however I could.
Instead of a simple job that could be done reasonably well with no effort I took pride in doing it well.
Instead of being bored out of my mind as I sorted all the stock that I'd just got off the truck into what aisle it belonged in I saw it as a long game of tetris where I had to fit the stuff as neatly as possible on the carts that would go into the store.
Rather than relying on searching out every bottle of wine individually I learned what the sorting method was, what belonged where, and how to help customers with what wines they needed (which is what led me to working at a liquor store after that).

That mentality, that a simple task done well is something to take pride in, that it's worth putting in the effort to know more than strictly necessary, that even a dull job can be enjoyed if you think about it differently, is how I've enjoyed every job I've had since.

CONT

It also helps from a professional point of view to go that extra mile - which intern will they keep on? The one that knows how to bring coffee or the one that learned how to fix it? The one that brings you your pile of papers or the one that hands them to you in the order you need them? The one that dragged himself in always just-in-time when it was time for work, or the one that walked in smiling and saying good morning ten minutes before that?

The same applies for promotions, pay raises, and so on. Most people can bring themselves to do enough. You need to do more. Don't just be useful enough, be versatile, useful, good for morale and cheerful. Go the extra mile, stay the extra 15 minutes. It pays dividends in the long run, even if you end up leaving a company, at least leave it with sad faces behind you and a glowing letter of recommendation in hand.

How about no?

post a picture of yourself and we'll see how you compare, faggot

Confirmed:

William Joyce too.

That's ridiculously false and unless you wish to defend the notion that parents do not give moral lessons are ultimately out to use their children as labor or all parents are such purely by accident or force (cultural, biological, or physical), because that's the only reason which could justify having a child in your case. That they're either tools for the parent or forced or forced to have them.
You're just being stupid, ignorant, egotistical, or autistic. You've not yet heard Peterson, you have no clue of evolutionary psychology, somehow mistake my point for religious defense, or you're simply stupid enough to go for tabula rasa.
In any case, the concepts which he talks about are typically (I haven't seen all of his talks/lectures) things which can be seen in many if not most complex religions or cultural explanations in terms of archetypes or general metaphysics. Sure, many requiore someone inquiring in a metaphysical/folk narrative way to reach it, but that's the basis of what those things are.

Worthy mention, but you've gotta remember that Shakespeare's interpretation of the funeral oration isn't necessarily a faithful transcript of the speech that Marc Antony gave.

What about both Eva and Juan Domingo Perón?

youtu.be/OvCdIzLZt-Q?t=170

thanks