Was Alexander the Great blond haired and blue eyed?

Was Alexander the Great blond haired and blue eyed?

No, it's a stupid meme

He had blonde highlights and clear, hazel eyes.

I heard he had heterochromia

no, he was a fucking barbarian manlet and his mother was literally a slave whore

But he totally wrecked the middle east because dude empire lmao

It's possible because the original Greeks were Nordic Indo-Europeans.

Contemporary artwork depicts him as olive-skinned, brown-haired, and brown-eyed. See the famous Alexander Mosaic.

>original Greeks
Which ones?

Oh jeez not this again. have you ever heard the saying beating a dead horse? The pol white supremacist memes are funny but just the first few times! You don't actually believe their shit do you??

YES HE WAS

If only we had something historic to go off, like a depiction of some kind, maybe something artistic.

Looks hwite to me

yes, and black skinned

He didn't exist

Thats next level wewuzing,comparable to the ones who claim that ancient Greeks were black

It's all Greek to me.

/thread

That's what my animus told me as well.

>mosiac after his death

And it was made by greeks or romans, go figure

If romans or greeks were blonde then why they would portrait their beloved hero like that

He was mixed-race Dorian/Molossian, so who knows

inb4 turkish alexander

His father Phillip, as the rest of the royal family and his ancestors were from Argos so were of Doric origins. The Dorians had dark hair and brown eyes. And most of depictions had Phillip with dark hair. As for his mother Olympias, she was a princess of Epirus, of which the royal bloodline came from Neoptolomus (or Pyrrhus as he was called), son of Achilles. Now Achilles was Achaean/Ionian, and like some of them, he was blond haired. Probably if Alexander was blonde, he took them from his mother's family tree.

>Achaean/Ionian, and like some of them, he was blond haired
do you have any source?

in all greek portraits, there are just dark haired people

The majority they were indeed dark haired people. Some of them though were blond. It was a special and rare feature, for this reason was mentioned as a characteristic by Homer. We know from Homer that some Achaean Greeks like Achilles, Menelaus, and Odysseus (for this last one i' m not sure) were blond. Now if the family line of Olympias was indeed coming from Achilles, it could be that Alexander had the chances to be blond too.

Looks Arab

>every caucasian person with dark hair and black/brown eyes look arab
>Some of them though were blond. It was a special and rare feature
then why greeks or romans portraited their beloved here with dark hair, brown eyes and tanned skin?

You don't get to be called "great" with BROWN hair~!

Nope she looks as the typical mediterranean Greek woman, like the actress Irene Pappas.

Limited artistic materials perhaps?