Modern Communism

Now, let's theorise about this:
You know how governments these days try to "keep it cool with the kids?" What I mean is that, with the Digital Era, it would seem like everything is way closer to the common man himself. And that wouldn't exclude politics.

Now think about this: It's clear that the Russian Federation isn't happy with pretending that they're not commies anymore. So what if one day, their parliament introduces a modern form of communism, something that the common, decent and sensible man would understand and even support. Maybe not even under the name "communism", I don't know. I just thought of this weird 21st century political movement to expand communism around the world, that would forget about all the opression and many other violations to the human rights, something absolutly legitimate. I even thought they'd have an app, like a little smart phone app for everyone to download and stay tuned. It'd be a genious way of spreading it. I only thought of this beacuse I think that the only way for communism to thrive again is through an oppression-free path, something modern. "Hipster attractive." Does anyone understand this? I just want them back.

All roads lead to communism

Sounds like you're interesting in the aesthetics of ideology rather than any concrete policy

Isn't Russia pretty much an oligarchy, after the mass privatization of Yeltsin? So like the opposite of communist. What you're proposing is what Gorbachev wanted.
Jus' sayin.

> It's clear that the Russian Federation isn't happy with pretending that they're not commies anymore

Russia is a cleptocracy with a horrible GINI index, what the fuck are you on about, you goddamn retard.

Well what Gorbachev wanted wouldn't work at all. They'd need something that seemed so legitimate and right that it would influence everyone around the world. The common man nowadays dislikes anything that sounds cruel or opressive, like the old ways of communism that are taught today.

It's called the welfare state.
And it's in major trouble in Europe. The dependency ratio is just unbearably fucked, it's unsustainable.
Politicians trying to appeal to the everyman, gets you two things. Populism and the welfare state.
Of course, some aspects of the welfare state are populist in nature, but what i mean by populism in separating it from the welfare state, i mean bombastic sensationalism. Look at governments in former communist countries. New president of Czechia, Orban in Poland, Vucic in Serbia etc etc.
It's dangerous. It leads to greater expectations by the public, which can or cannot be met. It leads to either authoritarian governments, or advanced media censorship, and propaganda so subtle it's nearly impossible to distinguish.
The welfare state has proved a tough foe to libertarianism, but the cracks are there, and patching them up with migrants just opens up new cracks, deeper ones.

>the opposite

It's still a country owned by a very few elites for the benefit of the elites.

Oligarch = bureaucrat.

Welfare sucks. Paying people to be poor is nuts, and policing them not to work is nuts.

#basicincomewhen

>It leads to greater expectations by the public.
But what if they can be met? Is it possible?

Why is it that whenever I meet a communist in person, they're invariably a degenerate.

What the fuck am i reading?

Russia is cleptocracy at its finest. The currently ruling mafia would never give up their wealth.

Some can. Some can't. But it's a feedback loop. Eventually you'll get demands that will break a country.

They wouldn't have to. They'd be the elites in a communist system they set up.

We've all seen what happens when you get an idol as the leader of your country. And he's almost supreme leader by now. He does not wish for communism itself, but he does wish for power.

So you mean Russia renames itself Communist now, without any Communist policies?

Yeah, brilliant point, Einstein.

I mean that if Russia's elites wanted to go communist, they wouldn't actually abolish their own property, they'd abolish everyone else's property.

>(OP) Maybe not even under the name "communism"

What should be done instead then? Short of allowing homelessness and starvation

So the elite faking a Communist revolution?

To what end?

And that is disregarding the fact that they're tight with the Orthodox church, and the Communist party gets a minority in each election (even when they were fair).

You knoe nothing of Russia.

>The return of the 90's communism edition
Exept bandit gangs are changed by private armies and PMC's.
I can imagine this scenario only of china decided to commit seppuku and empose trading ban on Russia.

Basic income, moron.

They want to own the country entirely. Why would they be opposed to the Orthodox Church? Why would the Orthodox Church oppose them?

They already own everything that matters - the courts, the police, the military, the natural resources and the media.

They have nothing to gain from this retarded notion.

It could be the only way to prevent an actual coup against them.

Could we maybe get to the point instead of arguing about the Russian Mafia and how it owns the country? What would y'all think would be necessary changes in communist ideals for a true, legitimate, effective and powerful reintroduction?

If you want communism thinly disguised by another name, try that quackery of the Venus Project.
It's literally orthodox marxism+soviet style cybernetics with the numbers filled off, and made green to appease to enviromentalists and/or leftist hipsters.
Label is changed from communism to "resource-based economy" to found legitimate.

Yep, and the fact that 80% of the country doesn't give a shit about politics only reinforces the stupidity of OP's idea. Russian government is literally more scared about internet shitposters then its underpaid, unemployment or poor citizens.

Seems dumb enough to be interesting. Thanks.

Artificial intelligence. Im not joking. If its possible to create a system that registers every citizens and holds all the date about them then it would be able to effectively calculate and allocate the needed resources for stable existence.
Although the human mind would inevitably find a way to fuck up even the machine overlords.

It's only collapsing as long as people keep buying into the idea that money is actually valuable anymore. All the world's currencies are fiat now and depends not on markets but laws, the value of the US dollar fell 92% since it's modern inception in 1913 yet we still use it. If that happened with gold it wouldn't been abondoned in the blink of an eye. Acting like money matters anymore is falling of a red herring to distract from the real issues.

soooooo the welfare state that gives more.. Good job proving how welfare is shit.