What jobs are History majors good for?

What jobs are History majors good for?

Law student

Living life dependent on the taxpayer and talking down those same taxpayers for being too stupid.

Delivering my pizza.

Job finders

Is embittered alcoholic an occupation?

>Humanities
>Jobs

I've been wondering the same thing, here's what I've found
>History Teacher
>Museum Curator
>Archaeologist
>Marketing

desu though the dream is to be a tenured professor

Not very many unfortunately.

Most jobs out there. For most jobs that aren't technical, or specifically tied to a certain degree (engineering, nursing, programming), the only requirement is a degree. A history degree fill that requirement, so if you learn how to market yourself, you can use that degree for pretty much anything. The idea that humanities degrees are useless is a meme, and unemployment rates for people with humanities degrees are actually pretty comparable to people with STEM degree (this is easy to look up). A history degree will make you very employable for pretty much all of the normie office jobs you'll be applying for in life, and can be a good springboard for education in other fields, like law.

Specifically related to history, you don't have very many options with just a BA, though. You have teaching, and that's pretty much it. If you want to be a professor or researcher, you need graduate degrees. The key to this question and choice of a major is to be realistic. You need to know what you prospects actually are, and how well those align with the effort that you want to put in. If you don't lie to yourself about what kind of future your degree will give you, you won't need to be disappointed about it.

A nice high paying job at your local McDonalds.

Thanks for the insight, user.

You can always sell your soul and join the bureaucratie.

any office carreer job, ppl worked for shell with a fucking philosophy degree

non STEM degrees are for that, working with ppl and your thoughts instead of becoming some over qualified lightbulb changer

Thanks, friend.

Welfare.

unironically kys.

Have you ever considered organising a genocide or a rural new working class guerrilla uprising?

I'm gonna be the chill high school history teacher

In a small hamlet it can be

Like Giap?

National archives, politics, museum curator, archeologist, professor, to name a few.

This. I'm going through my undergraduate with a major in civs and I'll get my masters in teaching. I'm okay with this. I think working in a museum would be cool also. As you already said a lot of people don't realize that a degree with most thing will get you a foot in the door for most normie jobs.

Will mostly* Jesus fuck.

I've heard that the military actually has a high demand for history majors as officers since they're already used to reading and writing a large amount of reports. Also I think military history is one of the sorts of degrees some ROTC programs offer so that specific kind is even more desirable.

Of course I heard this on /k/ so I don't know how true it is.

Depends on your country.
In mine, a history major is worth the exact same thing as any other bachelor's degree: jack fucking shit beyond all your standard issue major-blind office drone jobs.
A master's degree gives you all the usual academia related options, from teaching to curatorships to conservation agencies, but secondary school teaching aside the PhD guys are gonna clean up all the jobs before you can even apply.

1) Archival researcher - basically do freelance research for law firms. The hours are inconsistent, but the pay is surprisingly good. There's a "cottage industry" of this in the DC area.

2) Lawyer

3) History teacher

4) Museum work

It's more like history is a well accepted major for ROTC candidates. You're not gonna be given preference for OCS if you've got a BA in history over someone with a useful stem education who could be sent to a pog platoon dealing with chemical or mechanical bullshit.

But He'll be leading the chemical or mechanical guys with his extensive knowledge on military tactics and formations.

>leading
>the chemical or mechanical guys
Yeah, to and from the barracks, the training field, and the supplies depot. Mind the enemy ambushes on the way.

>well accepted major for ROTC candidates

Woah woah theres people who go to ROTC that already have Bachelors? That sounds a little crazy. When I went to school all the ROTC guys were all fresh outta highschool kids learning cyber stuff for the navy or airforce and all sorts of engineers for army.

No one can ambush me. I have a PHD in Caesar tactics.

>Woah woah theres people who go to ROTC that already have Bachelors?
I meant that it's a well accepted choice of major while you're in ROTC. They actually do let you choose what to major in, you know.

Oh I thought you meant there were people who already graduated and went for..a second bachelor's degree with contract included. I've seen people do some pretty funky stuff academically so it wouldnt surprise me too much.

Why has no one said Historian?

> Any office job

Do yourself a favor and learn basic website management for a CMS and do a full expert Excel cert. This will make you more productive than 90% of workers.

I'm a senior financial analyst managing around $30 mil in expenditures and $15 mil in revenue with a humanities degree simply because I know Excel and Stata very well.

Don't learn Stata though. I had to pay out of pocket because no one understands how it works for two years. Learn R since it's open source.

I'm getting an MLIS degree in order to be either an Archivist or Academic Librarian that would focus on history