Veeky Forums video games

Let's have a thread about Veeky Forums-approved video games.
I recently got Crisis in the Kremlin, it's a sort of remake of the 1991 game, only made by Russians.
You pick one of four guys who could've realistically become GS in 1985, and your goal is to survive until 1996. It's a political simulator, and it's pretty good, would recommend, however tutorial is awful, so it takes some time to understand what to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xK36ayCSW8Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Veeky Forums-approved video games

Just add a nine month pregnant Anne Frank and Charles II as playable characters in War of Rights and you've basically got a Veeky Forums-approved video game

If you like Japanese history:

Nioh is a game with great gameplay which features Japanese history figures such as Tokugawa Ieyasu. One of the levels is the Battle of Sekigahara.
Nobunaga's Ambition is a grand strategy title with many characters and historical events.

If you like European history:

Crusader Kings II
Europa Universalis IV

are obvious ones

guys I think I fixed History

>War of Rights
I've been off the /v/ radar due to college... is this some sort of pro-confederate civil war sim? If so that's fucking hilarious

>s this some sort of pro-confederate civil war sim?
What? No. It's a first person civil war multiplayer game. 200 player servers and such.

bought this game but I don't get it at all, it gives me decisions that historically happened decades before present but I have to make decisions on them. Does that affect what happens or what?

>it's a Nathan stealth post

Nope. The name just triggers yanks because they're too insecure to realize it's ambiguous.

Just click on the last option to skip those events (historical options).

What did Gary Grigsby mean by this?

Why are his games split by front? Why can't it just be WW2 overall?

He is making War in the East 2 as a stopgap for War in Europe if I am not mistaken.

>Crusader Kings 2
>Europa Universalis 4
>Total War series
>Civilization series
>Hearts of Iron 4
>Victoria 2

>Civilization series
>Hearts of Iron 4

kys

HOI4 is good

With a fuckton of mods of course.

It's The Skyrim Principle: if a game is an excellent platform for mods, such that the modded experience is a good game, the base game itself is worth getting even if the base game is crap.

Railroad Tycoon 3 has a great economic model with supply and demand, interest rates, stock markets, etc. that works well with the game. Other transportation sims like OpenTTD focus more on building and operating track than the goods being created and hauled around. The only other game that I know of that simulates economics in the Victorian era is Victoria 2, although its mechanics are better in regards to politics and sociology since entrepreneurship is the main game in Railroad Tycoon 3.

>RT3
Man playing MP with friends was great. I just can't get into games like OpenTTD though.

It's shit
>if you don't use the planner that's a -30% combat penalty
>dumb fuck planner ai makes it impossible to micro your divisions
>literally punished for managing your own troops

>HOI4
You mean the Kaiserreich launcher?

>hating on Civ
no you kys
They're not autism simulators like Paradox games but they're still fun and there's plenty of good information in the in-game encyclopedia to get people interested in history. Sort of like AoE in that regard but more involved I guess.

You can't really compare Railroad Tycoon to Transport Tycoon and the games it inspired. One's a business simulation with a railway theme, the others are railway simulators with a business theme.

As much as I love EU4 and Vicky 2 they always devolve into forming historical borders since youre or blobbing iraddically if you're not playing with any mods. It would be nice if they merged ck/eu/vicky so that theres more variance to cultures and important cities.

>Civ
>not an autism simulator

Don't be a butt hurt little fanboipussi and play both you turbo moron

>RT3
Such a comfy game.
>that soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=xK36ayCSW8Y

because the world is not ready for it yet

See The title is intentionally ambiguous so you can enjoy the game regardless of your politics, kinda like what Civil War reenacting is supposed to be.

LMAO he's a lowly captain on the WoR forums, I'm a chad Brigadier General donator