Genealogy question

So, i'm originally from south-western Romania, and most of the information about my ancestors I received in my schooling was basically "we wuz 200% romanz" commie propaganda. I've researched quite a bit, but there seems to be different information on the exact provenance of Romanians, specifically Wallachians.

So, are we romans? are the memes true, how involved were the romans in creating a state in Dacia? Can someone point me to some literature? Are we Turkish rapebabies? are we italians? are we mediterannean? are we mongrels? which one is it im so confused with my nation's timeline.

Any help would be great, people tell me I look exactly like pic related, so I guess i'm kind of weird looking.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanians#Genetics
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_J2_Y-DNA.shtml#Roman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanians#Genetics

"Despite negligible Roman genetic traits in general, one study[70] of 219 Romanians found strong indications in other parts of Transylvania, in the region corresponding to Roman Dacia. The highest frequency of R1b (31–32%) in Eastern Europe only behind Trebic in the Czech Republic (32.7%) was found in the Romanian counties Arad and Alba, that experienced Celtic settlement, the heaviest and only Roman colonisation with a significant number of colonists from Noricum and West Pannonia, and later German settlement."

Basically Romanians are not that similar to Italians, but more like their Slavic neighbors.

dacians, romans, valchs, cumans. probably a bit of sarmatian or scythian too.
i dont know why commies would want to associate with romans.

I'm kind of old, so I went to college during the 80s, full blown commie propaganda. I realized it was bullshit when they kept saying caesar wanted to make the new Rome in Dacia but couldn't because of the germanic tribes.

You received a huge input of Celtic and Slavic elements but you're indeed Roman(J haplogroup)

>chabal-looking
You are Paleo-Atlantid then

>Roman(J haplogroup)

R1b is dominant in Romans, not J. Even the map you posted says that.

>Modern Italians
>Romans

Latins were R1b

Italic tribes lived mainly in Southern Italy(E & J)

Latins were R1b.

>The Romans probably helped spread haplogroup J2 within their borders, judging from the distribution of J2 within Europe (frequency over 5%), which bears an uncanny resemblance to the borders of the Roman Empire (once concessions are made for the Germanic invasions that appear to have lowered the frequency of J2 between Belgium and Switzerland). There is a high diversity of J2a in Italy, but the most common branch found all over the peninsula and therefore most likely linked with a Roman diffusion is L70, and particularly its subclade Z435. All L70 carriers today descend from a single patrilineal ancestor who lived about 5,000 years ago. This corresponds to the time when the Proto-Indo-Europeans started invading Central Europe from the Pontic Steppe. It is not yet clear where J2-L70 was located at the time. It could have been present in the Steppe and tagged along the predominantly R1b branch of the Proto-Indo-Europeans that moved to the Balkans and Central Europe. Or it could have been one of the lineages of Chalcolithic Southeast and Central Europe. A third alternative is that L70 originated in Anatolia or Greece and moved to Italy with the migration that gave rise to the Etruscan civilisation.
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_J2_Y-DNA.shtml#Roman
J2*

That doesn't make them J2. They were Indo-Europeans with haplogroups R1b.

Your point? Even if they were 1% J they'd still be spreading it. Romans were R1b and still are.

Even in South Italy R1b is dominant (despite not being the absolute majority). Did you even read the haploshit map you posted?

>"we wuz 200% romanz" commie propaganda

Retard detected

R1b is only dominant in Northern Italy that was raped by Gauls, Southern Italians are J and E like their Roman ancestors

>people are still using haplogroups to determine ancestry.
for fuck's sake.

Wrong. Stop spreading false information. The Italic languages were brought to central and southern Italy by R1b Indo-Europeans. This includes Romans. Even today, R1b dominates (by "dominates" I mean is the most common haplogroup, not necessarily the absolute majority of haplogroups) all throughout Italy except for the very south with is J2. Even then, J2 has more of an association with Greek settlers in southern Italy, not with Romans. J was not the "Roman haplogroup" (as if such a concept even exists), R1b was and still is.

Given all the options of genealogical diversity you've named just for the province of Wallachia, you're better off taking a 23 and Me test or at least telling us what group you physically resemble the most.

Norhtern italy wasn't raped by the gauls, you moron, gauls have been in northern italy since forever.

>Italic languages were brought to central and southern Italy by R1b Indo-Europeans

I don't deny that, but the it was the Romans(E & J haplogroups) that spread the Italic language outside of Italy, R1b merely played a minor role in the ethnogenesis of the Roman/Southern Italian races

>it was the Romans(E & J haplogroups) that spread the Italic language outside of Italy
Basing your theories off an Eupedia article that you misinterpreted is never a good idea. The Eupedia article said that the Romans spread J around Europe - not that J was "the Roman haplogroup". Please try to understand this.

>R1b merely played a minor role in the ethnogenesis of the Roman/Southern Italian races
Well given that R1b Indo-Europeans were literally responsible for bringing the Italic (and thus Roman) languages and cultures to Italy, and that R1b is the dominant haplogroup even in central and parts of southern Italy, I would have to disgree strongly.

They actually are

Northern Italians are Gauls, the Romans literally called that region Cis-Alpine Gaul

>history is a conspiracy because /int/ and /pol/ memes

Commies never really liked the whole Roman thing. In the 50s it was all about Slavs because of Soviet control then in the late 60s onwards it was Dacians.