Partition of Germany plans

Which wore it better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eof7gacss90
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that south germay

HNNNNGGG

Roosevelts plan is definitely the best

why was churchill such a retard? did he fear the geographer warrior?

FDR's is the best by far, but that's not really an achievement. There is a lot that needs fixing.

The more land he gave to Germany the less land he would give to Stalin.

did he fear the soviet warrior more?

Did Churchill literally not understand that Hungarians are distinct from Austrians and don't speak German?

Churchill wanted inevitable war between Germany and the USSR

youtube.com/watch?v=eof7gacss90

He thought they are both huns

Churchill probably just wanted to stir more shit

>Winston Churchill's plan
Was he autistic?

Trying to do to Germany what they did to the Middle East and Africa.

3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whatever the fuck the second one is what the fuck winston

I never read the rationale behind Churchill's proposal, but did he thing that Austra and Hungary were meant to be together because they both were in the name of Austro-Hungarian Empire?

FDR's plan is they should have done, even back in 1918.

Roosevelt's partitioning.
But with the added south part of Churchill

Was Churchill some kind of Austria-Hungaryboo? The fuck is this?

Churchill was in his forties when A-H was partitioned. He was probably trying to restore what he grew up thinking was normal.

Sort of. I remember reading in his memoirs that he thought the old Habsburg realms would be much better together than apart

>independent Prussia

yes

>everyone's gets defeated and there's literally no reason to continue fighting a destructive war

REEEE NEVERRRR

A Bavaria-Austria union might be a good idea, but how the fuck did Hungary get shoved in there?

>churchill plan
>a country in the claws of germany

what could possibly go wrong?

But he was right in the end

except he wasn't

Clearly the FDR plan.

3 is the patricians choice

The rest make me worried for the world

but he was, he thought he could maybe defeat germany and he did

>Austria-Hungary-Sub-Carpathian-Ruthenia-Bavaria-Baden-Württemberg

Churchill you magnificent bastard, how could anyone turn this plan down

Stalin was a party pooper

This.

Yep

>Literally all of the other plans at least keep Pommern
What went wrong?

Steelman

Stalin wanted his Kresy. He got promised it before the war and a few million more dead civilians weren't going to get in the way. The West was tired and uninterested so they let him have his clay.

To give it to Poland? Hell, he couldve made it part of subsugated East Germany and have better reasoning to take the products of the lands, the same way he did in the GDR

What are you going on about? Remember the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact? He wanted eastern Poland for himself so he just moved Poland west a couple hundred miles at the expense of the defeated krauts.

People like Khrushev were campaigning to shift Germany as eastward as possible also the allies weren't too comfortable with Poland being mangled with no compensation when it was an ally.

>Gee, i wonder why he wanted Germany to be split in arbitrary, artificial states, it's almost like he wanted to weaken krauts' national unity.

None of them. War reparations are what ruined europe

Germans are what ruined Europe.

Most of those maps are fantasy wanks by Germanboos and don't reflect actual proposals, for example Upper Silesia and Pomerania were always assigned to Poland, and nobody wanted independent Prussia

t. polack
as far as I know they are real

No they are not, yes they existed but not as depicted on the maps, especially Roosvelt plan.

This

ok show me the source of the map, it was made by revisionist user on Wiki called SS7
The Roosvelt plan had different borders.

guess you'll have to take it to the cartographer, what I know is that the allies thought oder nesse was too harsh and poland wanted ports.

Deleted the post, disregard it.
I have no stakes in this, just used a collage of available maps and wikipedia can be unreliable

This would be decent if they reinstituted the Confederation of the Rhine instead of letting France blob

this plan was made at Tehran but without specific borders, at the same time Americans agreed that East Prussia should go to Soviets and further concessions to Poland including Upper Silesia

Roosevelt. Dismantling the Boche would have been perfect, and hilarious

>FDRs plan
>balkanized germany
>independent prussia,bavaria, and saxony
HOLY FUCKING YUM

Yup.

Churchill's is best if you remove Hungary from South Germany

>tiny Subcarpathian Ruthenian exclave hundreds of miles away from the rest of the country
Those Rusyns just can't ever get a break, huh?

I like the Morgenthau plan so long as the North German state is western aligned

/Pol/ is on suicide watch.

Quite opposite.
/pol/ right now would gladly see Germany dismantled.
Its only stormfags and burger LARPers who masturbate to grossGermanium.

which one, bitch

>/pol/ right now would gladly see Germany dismantled.
What the fuck? Can someone explain this? Is it just a kneejerk reaction against Merkel?

>Roosevelt Plan

>germanic peoples initiate 2 successive, globally devastating conflicts ending tens of millions of human lives based upon autistic landgrabs for nationalistic purposes
>cant understand why the rest of the world wants to limit and obtain leverage over this potentiality

omg y didnt they understand the sociopolitical contexts of the regions they r dividing

they did, in fact, that history was fresher and more accurate in their day than it was to us now

I like Roosevelt's strategy of total annihilation similar to the dissolution of the Austro-Hungarian empire. Germany may have been a bit too homogeneous for it to have worked though.

Churchill's plan is absolute madman tier

Yeah, refuges and EU in general.
It tell you something when Poland thread gets praise and Germany flag is treated worse than Swedish one.
Who could tell that few years later.
There are still burger LARPers that have little knowledge of European history and relations but you can easily spot them.

Ooooh. I like that Austria. ^^

Why were the french always so particular about the Saarland? I could understand if they wanted the Rhine/ Ruhr territories because that was at least a massive center of industry with a lot of population but why the fucking Saarland?

This.

>that churchill plan
>international discussion of how to partition germany
>churchill speaks up
>GUYS GUYS GUYS
>what if
>what if we gave hungary
>to south germany
>*crickets*

The coal and iron there was crucial for rheinland industry, they could basically partially cripple the heavy industry in the rheinland by removing access to Saar resources plus it was close to the border.

A B S O L U T E
M A D M A N

Where have you been in the past three years?

It's damage control, although they DO hate modern Germany

based Churchill

now that some bait right there

have you ever seen his plan with Stalin to divide most of the Balkans? He's a fucking madman

Yes

The actual partition was best

It's the only one that takes in account the brewing cold war

The one where it is nuked and no longer exists

Could have happened(the nuked part) if germany held on for a couple of months more

bump

noice

but that was never a plan, something like that was just suggested by the Germany must perish! dude.

Yes. He was in contact with Otto von Hapsburg during the war and they both expressed serious interest in seeing the re-creation of a strong central European state along the Danube. Unfortunately the Soviets moved too quickly and any opportunity for this plan to be realized was lost.

>what could have been...

>Kingston

roosevelt was right desu, should've broken those fucks back up again

That's interesting, never knew of that.
Just out of pure interest would you mind posting the source?

bump

Roosvelt's plan sucks guys. This would lead to a French dominated continent = weak Europe = USSR gets to rape eastern Europe even more. No I'm not a German btw.

Churchill's plan is straight from the crack pipe

Not that guy, but I got this from Otto von Hapsburg's wiki page:

>"He obtained the support of Winston Churchill for a conservative "Danube Federation", in effect a restoration of Austria-Hungary, but Joseph Stalin put an end to these plans.[23] He lobbied for the recognition of an Austrian government-in-exile, for the rights of the German-speaking population of South Tyrol, against the deportation of the German-speaking inhabitants of Bohemia and eastern Europe, and against letting Stalin rule Eastern Europe.[31][32]"

/pol/ likes czechs/polish/hungarians over modern germans. Not sure what the "alt-light" thinks now but that was the general consensus

I like FDR's plan although "international zones" are gay, just fucking give it to France if you don't want Germans to have it.

Why didnt they go with Roosevelts plan it seems so much better?

They should have split it up into the pre-Napoleonic states and turned it into a Confederation.

>problems in the middle east and africa are all britain's fault
perhaps if negroes and mohammedans learned to accept the differences and idiosyncrasies of their neighbours, and minorities who lived alongside them, there wouldn't be any issues
frankly they're just bigots

Britain and France shouldn't have arbitrarily cut it up at the very least.

>Gee all these Arabs have a wicked nationalism boner and hate being cordoned off from one another, how should we split up the Ottoman Empire?
>Fuck it, just give me Syria you can have Jordan and Iraq