QTDDTOT

Couldnt find one so QTDDTOT. Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Im poor and cant afford the gym anymore. Hows this for calistenic A/B

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7zdMeZPkpY
pastebin.com/YPZUy8Ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck I forgot to post

Exercice A:
Squats 3x10
Pushups 3x10
Pullups 3x10
Dips 3x10

Exercise B:
Handstand Shoulder Press 3x5
Inverted Row 3x10
Jack-knife Sit-up 3x10
Plank 3 60sec
Sinde Plank 2 60sec
Lunge 3x10

and ill try to do A/B/x/A/B/x/A if I can

Can i squat/deadlift forever in a routine?

Squat at least 5 times a day and drink a lot of whole milk.

Nice try, Mark.

Yes but your adding weight would slow down
Eg novice stage 2-5kg per workout (workout alternate days)
Intermediate stage 2-5kg per week
Advanced stage 2-5 kg per month
Try adding more reps/ time as you progress.

>Try adding more reps/ time as you progress.

Yeah that's what I had planned, was just wondering if it was pretty well rounded and enough. Im switching from SL.

My routine's currently A>bike>B>bike>C>bike>break

A: Legs and shoulders
B: Back and abs
C: Chest and arms

I'm thinking that I should instead workout muscles twice a week (I was doing ABCABCbreak but wanted to add cardio too) Suggestions? Should I try to make it A>B>bike>A>B>bike>break? This is, to take some exercises out to I can make an A and B to get rid of C. I've only DB.

Is adding 1 rep each week good progression? For example I'm on 8/7/7 next week it will be 8/8/7 then 8/8/8 and so on. Then when I hit 10/10/10 I'll drop back to 3/3/3 with heavier weight.

I tweaked my back moving a piano so I've just been doing the U part of PHUL on alternate days skipping all the lower body stuff.

Is there a better alternative for an upper body routine that doesn't go too hard on the lower back?

Would training her chest make a woman's breasts SEEM larger?

Whats a good calisthenics routine?

So today I finally got to 100kg diddylift, but on the last rep the bar was slipping out of my hands, my grip failed. Should I switch to mixed grip?

the place im at only has dumbbells. what would a 80lb db chest press translate to in terms of bench press?

k fraudsters you probably get tihs question a lot.

lets say I blast for 15weeks on test. then I stop pinning. Will the gains stay? or do I have to cruise? also I'm only 21, will that fuck my test up?

I just want to get thicc and juicy but not ripped i just look frail and weak and want to look thicccc like a bulgarian wrestler lol

What are the pros and cons of these two approaches to calisthenics: a) Routine where you work a specific muscular group each day b) Routine where you work your whole every day but varying the exercises

will lifting before class make me unable to concentrate during lectures? just started uni and i no longer have time to lift, except before class

why don't you just try and see the outcome?

i'm trying to get a scholarship, don't really wanna miss out on any lectures desu

If I get progress on my big heavy compound lifts, is it okay to not have much progress on my accessory isolation lifts?

Try it

With approach a) you are not training as frequent as you could be. Frequency is a good thing when balanced with enough rest.
You won't need as much rest from your calisthenics than heavy weight training

>>>/fraud/

Just go and see for yourself FFS
Not everybody is the same

Yes
Never let grip be the limiting factor in a primarily non grip training exercise
Double overhand > chalk > mixed grip > straps
Make sure you know how/where to hold the bar and consider if hook grip is for you

ABCx
Bike after workouts

>is adding 1 rep each week good progression?
It depends on your goals, the specific exercise and what weight you are lifting
For a noob in the gym performing main compounds that is not lifting significant weight, no, you should be progressing linearly with weight

The smaller isolations will always progress slower than big compounds
Another big factor in their progression is how fatigued you are from performing the compounds earlier in the workout. For this reason, while still trying for some progression, it is acceptable to just go until fatigue/failure in the smaller isos (i.e. biceps might be pre fatigued from pullups/rows and triceps might be pre fatigued from presses, etc)
I just aim for rep progression of isolations before weight, but don't sweat too much about it if there is slow progression or variation between days

How do I fix a lagging arm? I'm right handed dominant and my left arm is lacking compared to my right

I'm a fat fuck that started lifting for real (or at least as real as I can get) this year.

I started lifting trying to improve strenght, and I was not really trying to lose weight, but managed to lose a couple pounds in the mean time to a more bearable weight, I still have 26 pounds till I reach my goal tough, so I decided to start eating less last week.

I get the cravings, of course, but I don't feel really hungry all the time which I guess is positive. Problem is that yesterday I really felt weaker in the gym. I'm not really very strong and lift little even for a noob, but I'm lifting even less. I can't mantain the same reps using the weights I was using just a week ago, for example, falling about to 4 repetitions less in some exercices.

1) is this really because I'm eating less or it's just an excuse. I mean, eating less = less energy = less strenght, so that's probably it
2) is there anything I can do while eating less to at least don't fuck everything up? I'm eating as much proteins as I can get - chicken, eggs, protein shake etc.
3) any tip for the psychological side of it? It feels really bad knowing you are not strong already, but seeing yourself unable to keep up kinda hurts.

If the best advice is "shut up and lift what you can, fatty" then I'm alright with it. General guidance would be nice.

You are weak
Keep lifting. Lift evenly with good form. Don't do shit like trying to push out those last reps while favouring one side. Do it with good form or don't do it

If you are weak, it will fix itself as you get stronger

It was just one day? Everybody has bad days in the gym
Drink a bunch of water and get back at it. Think more about technique
Posting routine and form checks is always helpful

1) Possibly
2) Protein, have all other variables in check (routine, technique, recovery)
3) Get over it, fatty. Everybody has bad days

>ABCx
What would a week look like? Or is that 8 days (ABCxABCx) Also bike after a workout sounds brutal. Tried it briefly and it was odd.

And how much weight and how frequently should you increase the weight? Also I'll have to work with reps since I only have DB.

How bad for form is lifting in running shoes? I feel like squats are fine but I'm noticing some balance issues on the diddy.

What are cheap alternatives, I don't want to drop 100 bucks on lifting shoes, also I think they look autistic.

>lifting with shoes on
What the fuck why?

That progression is basically how Hepburn method does progression

Lift in socks for squats up to 4 plate, you'll manage fine.

Try to get around a 100-150 cals worth of simple carbs about 20 minutes before your workout. If needed, add 100mg of caffeine (1/2 a caffeine pill or a big cup of coffee). This should allow you to maintain energy levels during your workout even whilst cutting.

As for the psychological side?

"Fuck trying an' not doing, cuz not doing is something a nigga not doing."

youtube.com/watch?v=W7zdMeZPkpY

>8 days
Yes
>bike after a workout sounds brutal
It's too hard to bike after a back workout? After a chest and arms workout?

BTW, it should be back and bi, chest and tri together

Anything with a compressible sole will add instability to a lift
Just wear chucks or go barefeet

I started taking a probiotic mixture to fix my intestines after large amount of antibiotics. I have been shitting like crazy and they smell horrendous. Should I be worried?

I'm concerned about grip/slipping issues

chucks actually seem good, I see people around with them. I can get some fake/cheap ones for 20 bucks I think thanks.

What is wrong with my dl?
My max is 155kg but lately I struggle past 140.
Should I do more reps at lower weight?

There are also Vans and Adidas shoes that can be had for cheap that also have incompressible soles/no padding

Form check
Post routine and goals

thanks senpai, that's what i thought and that's been my approach

Your heart always gets used, user. My exercises are at least 45m each (usually 50-55m) so going for a ride that's at least 20m (worthwhile) is intense. Is it viable to do good and intense cardio after an intense lifting session? My cardio is quite high and none of that "easy does it" type that most people seem to do--high heartrate always with some sprints and hills.

And what about ab specific exercises? I only have 3: DB side bend, wood chop (or cable if you're a cable fag) and forearm plank. Ditch those or?

And what are optimal tricep and bicep exercises that you can do by yourself/DB? Want to make sure I've the goods to split up my arm day (currently arm is bi and tri and yes they kill after a workout--not too much though)

Also I appreciate the answers, I will try ABCx for sure. Truly, user, thanks.

How do I improve DL grip strength? I have trouble holding the bar for 5 reps past 100-110 kg.
>inb4 le bicep tear grip

Hook grip
static holds

I literally bike downhill 15 mins to the gym, workout for ~2 hours (lots of squats, cleans and deads) and then bike ~25-30 mins uphill to go home. And I don't even call that cardio

>55 m + 20m
Pick one of the following
>intense
>cardio is quite high

Please post your routine and lifts, this is getting beyond what I wanted to get into and starting to look like a lost cause to me

See >limiting factor
To work on grip strength, you can do farmers walks, static holds, plate pinches, etc

my form imo is the same, passable
routine:
bench or ohp
skwat
dl or row

3 years in

ON or Nutrabio protein?

>my form imo is the same, passable
This doesn't even make sense. This is the first sign of it actually being 'shit'
You shouldn't have the same routine for 3 years, not even 1
You should have a higher deadlift after 3 years

It's obviously (and always is) 1 or more of:
Technique
>post form check, fix it
Diet/Sleep/Recovery
>moar
Routine/Programming
>post it, fix it

When i do barbell rows, i only feel it in the muscles that run parallel with the spine.
What are some tips to help me use my lats?

My left shoulder aches a little but I don't want to skip doing back or chest exercises. Likewise I don't want to risk aggravating it any further. Should I rest today and do cardio instead? (I lifted on Tuesday and Thursday so its not so bad)

Thoughts on Neurocore PWO? I bought a tub yesterday because it was cheap, and tried it today. Honestly not impressed, not a signficant pump (not much better than natural) and didnt feel any extra energy..

Can I skip workout today Veeky Forums? Please my bros I really don't feel like it.

But voice in the back of my head won't stop calling me pussy.

what do?

I know I am a retard.
Got a good routine for me?

pastebin.com/YPZUy8Ac 10.5kg DB (21kg total) Currently 8/7/7 for everything--I do the same set/rep/weight for all.

Perhaps I've just got to get used to doing some cardio as well as weight-lifting then. Routine's probably shit but it's hard to stay away from analysis paralysis. Open to suggestions and well, an ass kicking.

Use lighter weight
Do it properly
Rows are the easiest lift to cheat yourself and ego lift on. You are literally stating that you're just cheating teh lift by moving it with your lower back and hip extension

Move your elbows with your shoulders by squeezing your back/shoulder blades as hard/far back as you can

Look up proper form for whatever variation you're doing and/or post form check

If you're hurt and will do more damage, rest.

How much can you lift?

What is the optimum temperature to workout in?

Read the sticky
My personal recommendation (and how I started) is to read Starting Strength
See above
You aren't going to accomplish much with just 10 kg DBs. You'd be better off mixing in progressively harder calisthenics. Or, you know, going to a real gym

And again, the routine you're trying to emulate is PPL with Push (chest, tri), Pull (back, bi) and Legs (some add shoulders)
You don't have the knowledge/experience to make your own routine

Veeky Forums mostly ignores callisthenics. Any decent websites about it? What to do, not do, information and such. And I can go heavier DB, it's just right now I'm keeping the set/rep/weight all the same and it's constantly growing. I fail to see how this is bad--your body will be constantly doing more and more.

How well does mutant mass gainer work?

It works great, but only if you do 50 scoops a day.

Because you are weak enough to be progressing faster than 1 rep at a time
The principle of linear progression that pretty mcuh every good beginner routine has is that you should add weight to the (main compounds) lift each time you perform it. You can probably do this

As for calisthenics, there's this one website I always forget to bookmark. So I can't offer much, but you can easily google a lot of different resources
Here's a pic of what I do have, you can also look into Overcoming Gravity and Convict Conditioning

In general though, worry most about progression and make sure you hit the main compound movements with these the same way you would do with a barbell (legs, vertical and horizontal pushes and pulls).

I can never understand why people in this situation don't just og to a gym though

And another

Will facepulls fix forward head?

What answer did you get last time?

Because adding 2.5 kilo every new session is a dangerous meme that isn't realistic if you're not a juiced up nerd.

what grip should i use, changing my routine a little
this is the order i typically do everything in too

>bent over bar bell rows -
>lat pull-downs -
>seated cable rows -

i am beating a tire with a baseball bat and i'm wondering if that can fuck up my wrists

should i wear a bandage or something or is it nothing to worry about? i feel the shock but no serious pain or something

Every time at the gym I go to the gym I get to a point where I can't breathe fully and feel as if the air lacks oxygen. It happens between sets and is really annoying, plus it makes me want to yawn continuously.
There is plenty of oxygen in the gym as it continues even If i go outside to catch a breath
Why is this?
I'm healthy, 18 years old. I do cardio once a week.

Why not cardio every day?

wat

But why?

I don't think this would solve my problem.

>Because adding 2.5 kilo every new session is a dangerous meme that isn't realistic if you're not a juiced up nerd.

Novice lifters can easily manage this for several weeks.

who hurt you user

Hello Veeky Forums. How can I make my gyno less noticeable? Will beefing up on my chest make it "disappear"? Also, what are some good oblique work outs?

>Pic related, it's me

it's a great workout for back guys come on. boxers do it a lot, and i wanna get some variety in my workouts, just lifting weights all the time gets boring and stagnating to the body

Forgot to include but I'm 6'0, 153 (skinny yea I know, don't bitch about it) if that matters. Tryna reach my goal weight of atleast 165.

I know gyno can be removed with surgery but that ain't happening. Would love to have em gone but at this point, just want my chest to look "normal".

You don't have gyno you retard, your nipples are just kinda big.
Just start lifting heavy things and putting them down and you'll be ok.

I have fucked up my shoulder more than month ago, so I decided that since I can't lift anyway, I will do a premature cut with a lot of cardio/HIIT (I need some sort of physical activity, can't live without it).
I went from 155 lbs to 145 in a month.
Is that too fast? Am I losing a lot of muscle?

Also yes, I'm a manlet.

You might have to show a side view. I know for a fact I have it.

Could soneone find me an example of good squat form viewed directly from behind?

Mine looks a bit weird from behind but good from the side. My knees can't point the same way as at the bottom when I rise. It doesn't hurt but it doesn't look very stable or efficient imo, but my balance is worse at narrower and I have trouble with depth

*I might

I plan to lift for more than a few weeks.

no answer, so i asked it again

>great workout for back
Why do it if you don't even understand the muscles used?

>dangerous meme
Literally nobody has ever said this before

Looks fine
Just try to set up with even feet
It will never be 100% perfect

I specifically remember answering you
Forward head is a neck issue
Face pulls don'y work the neck

I'm getting kind of bored with SS, since it's only 4 exercises. On my 3rd week of doing it, my gains have slowed down and I think I might have hurt my shoulder. I'm currently on a cut, but I'm not sure if I should switch routines or keep going.

Forward head posture is often a result of a hyperkyphotic spine. In other words, stop fucking slouching if you want your head to be where it's supposed to be.

So... still think I don't have gyno? Cause I'm looking right at it.

You can't cut on SS in you first three weeks. Your gains will absolutely slow down on a cut.

You run it for as long as you can keep making progress. And check your form if you have shoulder issues.

After 3 years you recommend me to do SS again wtf????

this is what gyno looks like,now go lift

I think my posture issue originates from my sleeping position. On the side with one leg bent. Sleeping like this for years seems to have affected my hips.

The simplest fix would ofc be to sleep in a different position but I can't fall asleep. Nothing feels as comfortable as my habitual position. I also suspect I might roll into that position in my sleep if I do fall asleep in a different one.

Any suggestions?

now THAT'S what I call
G Y N O
Y
N
O

Thanks brehs. Today is my rest day. I'll see how my lifts turn out Sunday. If my shoulder still bugs me I'll just do cardio for the week instead. I'm heavy into burning fat and retaining muscle (hence lifting on a cut) since I'm BF%33 and petrified of having too much loose skin.

that's stage 1 gyno
u might be able to fix it thru hormone therapy
see a doc

Wtf? So I just have huge nipples and not gyno? You fucking serious *cries tears of joy* I guess that's why girls love playing with my nipples?

Anyways, besides bench pressing and push-ups (main workout I've been doing atm since I'm not lifting), what are some recommended exercises I should do? Thanks.

Classic shoulder issue comes from not properly squeezing shoulder blades during bench

What the fuck do you keep your thermostat at? I'm staying with family for a few months and they insist on having it at 79F. I'm overheating like crazy. Walking around without a shirt on and drinking as much cold water as I can.

What's stupid is they are all overweight (like obese overweight) yet they are cold 24/7

What the fucking shit?!

>I'll just do cardio for the week instead
I said check your fucking form. If you're having shoulder issues it's because you're messing something up. Simply doing cardio for a week will do nothing to solve the problem, which is going to come back if you don't AND avoiding lifting for a week will set you back as far as progress goes too.

Does cutting actively make you lose muscle mass? Even if I'm a beginner?

I try to keep my house at 20-23C, I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit... 67-73, perhaps. I just like the cold.

same here but they need it on the equivalent 26 C

I'm just baffled at how people who are 50-75 lbs heavier than me are fucking cold