mon
fsq 5x2 heavy

wed
5x3 same as 5x5

fri
5x5

desu tho i have found squatting 2d/w works well for me

Was doing highbar squat earlier.

On one of my sets my grip looked like the bottom grip. What would have caused this? Got no vids unfortunately.

Also, is slight good morning okay aslong as my bar path stays vertical?

How to get pancake split/stretch?
Cant even open legs more than 90 degrees (sitting straight up)

how do I stop collapsing into a squatmorning on all my back squats?

>already have belt
>already doing valsalva maneuver
>already have WL shoes
>already tried 10 different stances
>already not divebombing

JUST

don't shoot the hips back

use the legs

push your back into the bar

I was thinking about why the chinese prioritize pulls

could it be because they have a less favorable build for pulling and a very favorable build for squatting so they spend more time with the thing they are less favorable at

compromise your depth to maintain back position

i read here somewhere that guten morgens during a squat are a sign of weak glutes with respect to quads

work on core strength

>whipping bead back
>extending backward not up

Lmao is this guy learnt at crossfit or something

and how would I fit this with the program

swap pulls and squats?

i think this is it, honestly

my back is just way too fucking weak to maintain that kind of position
despite being able to goodmorning it up anyway

idk, could try that maybe
or like 3 squat days and 2 wl days or something

fucking hell

i already have a massive breh-tier ass, no more glute work please

it might be your quads though.
I do heavy ass planks, dragon flags and weighted back extensions almost every day and I still folded over under considerable load.

maybe your legs are so weak that ur bod says NAH and lets your back take over coming out of the hole

just something to consider

i wanna say nah, because my legs are capable of handling a fuckton more than my back

whenever my form doesn't go to shit, the weight gets up very quickly
meanwhile a squatmorning adds like 3-5 seconds and it's a struggle

also i deadlift 10kg less than i squat...

wut u think bout this

thats why they focus on pull strength ye kinda
lots of the pulls they do are still for technique though

>tfw sprinter tier proportions
kill me

My glute are always the most sore after squats tbqh

Might be why

you mean long arms + legs?
i have that too

get the fuck over it

yep

and im not even tall, 5'9

Today was a pretty good workout.
snatch 100x3 110x3 115x2 (x) 120x1
123x2 (xx) really close on the second one though
123x1 (x) 123x1(x)

clean and jerks 125x1 130x1 140x1
151x1 (x)
151x1 (x)
151x1 (xx)

front squats 160x1 170x1 180x1 190x1 (x)

I think my jerks sucked today because the 123 snatch i made but couldn't stabilize in the whole twisted my elbow....

>pretty good workout
>failed lifts
omg such a pleb do u want to train 2 be a looser

Pancake takes time to build, just keep at it, 3x a week. 20 seconds a strech

Splits
Pikes strech
single leg hamstring stretch

will all help

>gym doesn't have water because water pipe burst
>they sell water but I don't have any cash on me(student feels)
>guy gives me some of his water and gives me his entire water bottle after he finishes working out even though I didn't ask him for it or even looked at him
Just letting you know that there are nice lads out there.
Also worked on my snatches today but didn't really do good since I have two wounds on my left shin.

how do I stretch ankles at home

I'm 184 cm and have a 193 cm wingspan with long legs and I can still do the lifts properly. Unless you are some mutant with arms to his knees, no torso and 0 mobility you can do all the lifts.

Hello everyone.

I started SS a month ago. Everything is going fine but I'm having trouble with the power clean.
It felt fine the last weeks, but today I tried to power clean 45kg and I couldn't rack it even once. But tuesday I did 42.5 with no problems.

Is this normal with Power CLean progression, or is it a form issue most likely?
(I taught myself the power clean from the book + videos, so I'm not 100% sure if my form is on point.)

I'm gonna suggest that weak core may be very similar to what's actually happening - bad bracing

doing planks just before squats and classics, only like 30s while stretching, really improved my form

Non oly lifting gym rat here. I've always wondered why so many asians in the gym do olympic lifting ?

how not to kill shins as skele newfuck?

Also, any good sources for learning the power clean, that you can recommend?

built for it
but in my experience the only people who do WL are white because they saw it on the Reebok Crossfit Games (TM) and now wish they were chinese or russian

your form is without a doubt crap if you just started and you're power cleaning without learning to clean first

chances are you're either banging the bar too far outwards or not fully extending because the point of a clean is that no matter how high you pull it, the point is getting under it, not pulling it as high as you happen to be standing after extension

m8 im a literal monkey I have the same arm length as my friend who is 183cm tall

I guarantee if you had perfect proportions for WL you would still be shit at this and whining

rate my technique

rather, the legality of it

The catch or whatever on the clean my right foot went forward and the front squat was pretty bad. I turned it into a back squat

hwan squatted 210 also

m8 im just memeing

both lifts were fine u goof

I can never tell anymore tbqh, hear it so often

Lads what are the bast hamstring exercises, I currently do hamstring curls and back hypers but since I stopped doing deadlifts I think my hamstrings are starting to lag.
instagram.com/p/BENth2oSIIP/?taken-by=rebeka_koha
>tfw rebeka will never do this for you

I always thought it had to do with their limbs/leverages and often not having great genetics (or at least good starting points) for pursuing bodybuilding or more physique-focused lifting hobbies.

Totally true about the white people though

jerk was shaky, pls be stable in the split and tighten ur upper back
groce fsq ur chest caved

Thanks pas kun

>tfw this is what my front squat with 60 kg looks like this

I think you need to do some upperback assistance

RDLs and good mornings are goat for me, GHRs ok too if you can be bothered

you should be doing good mornings or RDLs once or twice a week if you're worried about hams, they're not programmed in typical routines very often

nah I think you can't really happen across weightlifting that easily and I see a shitload of asian powerlifters, as many if not more than white powerlifters

also I think they make decent BBers because their small frames make muscle building look more significant even if they lack the sheer size, but they are virtually non-existant in other sport and in stuff like strongman

What kinds

That's what he said.

rack holds
jerk dips

these 2 blast my upperback

front rack holds
jerk dips
pause front squats

right that's what I said

in addition to if you can be fucked

rows
band pullaparts
I have also heard that pause work is pretty good for upper back dev

Why do you adjust your feet so much

rows and band pullaparts wont help with chest caving on fsq afaik
they will help with shoulder health, possibly keeping the bar close and possibly jerk lockout and maybe snatch catch

idk
noted

youtube.com/watch?v=02dY7IhqPJQ

why not? it stands to reason that improving scapular retraction benefits stability

from when I used to powerlift it was really common to prescribe them when you saw a squatter with chest cave, in fact it was basically bad practice if you didn't suggest them

maybe itd help
should probably have suggested those plers do front squats and maybe heavy rack holds too tho desu

becuz scapular retraction does not bend the spine

>7036 ▶
>
>
youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ct9beJCM4&edit=vd

yeah that was always a struggle for me to get people to do them, they always looked down on basically anything involving rack position

I don't follow, neither do rack holds do they

what's that smell
is it...desperation

nice triple tho, mirin
has your coach ever talked about your jump back? Usually if I jump back that far I miss the lift

Durkz why are you attention whoring?
Good lifts though faggot.

>I don't follow, neither do rack holds do they
its an isometric exercise for the upper part of the erectors which holds the upperspine in place

How much do you guys pay for coaching and how often do you have it? I've got access to a good gym with bumpers and shit, but no coach- all the ones I can find in London (UK) are CrossFit people charging like 20 quid a session

where do you train in london?

Student gym, west central, around south ken and hammersmith- it's got 2 full eleiko sets- are you in London, whereabouts? Can you recommend anywhere?

The autistic alpha

yes but what's wrong with a concentric exercise that aims to achieve the same thing

or are you talking about specificity and carryover

So in lbs the big lift numbers are 225, 315, 405, 495, etc

What are they in kg with kg weights?

instagram.com/p/BEhHqrErrqv/

why does this power snatch look so bad

Well when you use pounds you usually lift a little more than in kg since a 45pound plate weights a little more than a 20 kg plate.

proof Americans are stronger

hello brainlet, is gravity stronger in america

>proof Americans are stronger
I remember this shitposting style lmao. But yeah you could say that even though it's not true.

It's true, when Americans lift 3 pl8 we're really lifting like 3.2 pl8, hence way stronger than fag Euros.

100 - 140 - 180 - 220, etc

>he goes by pl8s in a wl thread
>>>/plg/ is over there m8

His question was specifically talking about plates dumbass. 2pl8 3pl8 and so forth

What do kgfags go by?

yea, more fat people so the gravitational mass has strong density pockets in obese areas

ill be moving to london septemberish

BAN COMMISAR HE IS 15 YEARS OLD

you first

bump

You always say this but tbqh m8 of course setting pb's you're gonna miss sometimes

In fact most lifters who've been lifting a couple years are still liable to miss due to silly mistakes

It's wether you can correct them or not, of course missing a lift over and over and over is bad but one miss in training doesn't make it a bad session

Ur not a chinky pro don't act like 1

Damn durkz you really are full autismo attention seeker

You're strong I guess but I find you lifts very unattractive

any tips for learning hook grip painlessly as possible?

Why do people never think about these things?

Good morning -> lean forward more -> use your quads less -> oh, must be weak glutes.
No, you fucking dingus, leaning forward shifts the load FROM the quads TO the glutes and hamstrings.
Too far leaning forward is a combination of bad technique (not bringing the knees and hips forward at the sticking point) and possibly weak quads.

There's lots of clubs in London can't you go crystal palace or make the trip to Europa and train with gb's finest

not to be rude or anything but grin and bear it, eventually it won't hurt at all

for perspective I lost my thumbnail when I was fixing something at home and still hook gripped without much pain a day or two after

How the fuck do you slap the bar off your thighs during cleans?
I can't do it for the life of me. Does height have anything to do with it? I'm 6'5.

what are you even trying to say

are you the same guy who is in plg saying that trips are weak?

its kinda obvious who you are by the way you post
can you show lifts?

>eventually it won't hurt at all
Isn't it possible to develop nerve damage?

Since i started hookgrip my thumbnails have been cracking after lifting.

Lol no I'm just a guy who argues with pas alot I quite like him actually

I haven't read plg innages let alone posted

youtu.be/Fi2oeZ_Zdyw?t=1h24m1s
they even did a slow mo replay

Post lifts big man

12kg curl
14kg tricep push down

>power lifters get try to get you to power lifters
>cross fitters try to get you to cross fit

Fuck these fags