Favorite historical vidya?

Favorite historical vidya?

First for Rule the Waves

Simulator of WW1 naval warfare?

gonna check it out, looks like something I would enjoy

Tagline is something along the lines of "The Naval Arms Race 1900-1925" so to put you more in the mindset history isn't fixed. Tension is a mix of random events and trying to piss off who you want to bully. Also due to the way those the mechanics play out world wars are somewhat rare.

Attila TW

Knights of Honor

merc companies can go wild in that game its kind of cool

KotOR

i love the rts and grand strategy mix, have always wanted to make a game like it.

M&B Warband

Sounds pretty interesting

Medieval ll Total War, vanilla and Stainless steel mod. followed by Shogun 2. I have fond memories of Rome 1 but I can't bring myself to play it again

Liqqy 2

Victoria 2
Europa Universalis (even though they destroyed it with their dlc policy)
Crusader Kings 2
Total War series

Vikky 2
Total War series
>mfw land troops attack my naval ships in Rome 2

>people in this thread calling a series historical vidya that has german berserkers, roman ninjas, bow samurai, and incredibly convenient ability to have your unit walk right through an enemy unit

And that is the part of the game that gets the most praise. Won't even bother mocking the grand campaign features.

Attila Total War and Shogun II. Two very interesting time periods with equally interesting DLC campaigns

>bow samurai

What's wrong with them? There were plenty who trained in using the bow

Die

>It's a rival clan sends a fucking doomstack on a pimped-out fleet way behind your frontline to fuck shit up episode

Otomo did it to me when he had just one city left. Managed to afford six units of matchlocks along with 12 ships. Fuckin Porto's, man

vanilla m2tw is shit. stainless stell is fun, but broken crescent is brilliant. beatifully researched too.

Red Orchestra 1 and 2, Rising Storm 2

This

>what's wrong with them?

Because Samurai didn't specialize in a single weapon. Would be saying Hun Horse Archer when nigh all of their cavalry used bows.

Pretty unhistorical tbqh
At least go for Viking Conquest Fire and Steel.

I like to conquer the new world in vanilla, if SS had the Americas I'd play that exclusively