Interrupting the shitposts

I really like this picture I found today.
I thought I should share it...

it truly was the last Great War

Do you guys know if the Battlefield 1 armor was really used, or is it just a meme like we wuz German Empire cavalry officers?

Seeing the color in this old photos makes them look so much more.. real.
idk, black and white seems to leave some of the emotion out, at least for me.

Not likely, a suit like that would be a lot heavier than people think, and quite impractical.
they had the steel chest plates
and the blast shields for face
idk how prevalent they actually were though, even a thick steel plate can be penetrated by a rifle round at the right range and angle, probably must better to make shells and guns out of that metal.

Probably greatly exaggerated like many other parts of the game

As for the africans, they could've done something unique and make some African maps (cuz you know its a world war and shit) where both sides would be African militias speaking English and german in strange accents or there native tounge

comfy

me in the middle-right

still a fun game if you have friends to play with tho, i never understood all those /pol/tards ranting about the black germans n shit.
Who excepts a game like bf1 to be realistic? If it really were, it would be trench life simulator were you would live in shit and die from artillery before you ever saw an enemy.
All those poor bastards..

What’s happening?

Theres something strangely funny about that one.
Imagine not being able to poke your head over that ditch without worrying about getting your head shot off.

"German Prisoner with Russians early in the war."

Look like a german pow and some cossacks screwin around.
Humanity is a funny thing in wartime.. back then most had a different, older attitude.
Look at the Christmas truce..

I think the caption for the photo went like

"German soldiers receiving shipment of beer to the front lines"

shiny steel breastplates and horsehair helmets,
like old knights, going up against machine guns

Never can have enough hand grenades..

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
100 years ago Europe tore itself and all of of its old domains apart in the Great War.
The "War to end all Wars" would kill over 11 million men in some of the most horribly imaginable ways yet devised. 7 million more civilians would die as well.
It changed everything, the decadence of the old 19th century world was gone forever, empires crumbled and Europe's crown royalty was shattered, to fade into history.

last one

Yes it was used albeit not widely.

Photoshopped.

Idk why but this photo always disturbed me. This is only from one day’s bombardment

>tfw no Ned Kelly-esque regiment

Only in the beginning though. The longer the war raged on and the more brutal it became the more soldiers learned to hate the other sides men.

Better resolution

Black Caribbean soldiers who fought for Britain

Cameroonian troops who fought for Germany

Is that zeppelin inserted?

"Happy Tommies wearing Hun helmets"

apparently these guys are South African?

regardless, they're wearing Scottish dress, which I know some Canadian units did too

Allied POWs taken by Germany
from left to right

>Anam (part of French Indochine, now Vietnam)
>Tunisia
>Senegal
>Sudan
>Russia
>USA
>Portugal
>Britain

Wew, english dentition is no meme.

"Highlanders on the Western Front, killed and later stripped of their socks and boots, ca. 1916"

interesting that they took the sock and boots, i'm guessing cause trench-life would wreck that gear (and your actual feet)
at least they left them their kilts on for propriety

>that power stance

British nurses
likely from upper class background, hence the fur coats (wonder how the soldiers felt about that)

while most women on the front had a medical role, here are some British ladies building wooden huts

"The Kaiser's Birthday. German officers during the Kaiser's birthday celebrations in Rauscedo, Italy, on January 27, 1918"