Is this game dead?

Is this game dead?

No, just turned into an arcade game

A DLC just got released
Ottomans are less OP now so it should be less arcadey, also Ming needs 70 authority to pass reforms

It's stillborn, though the new dlc finally added things like ruler / advisor culture and religion and mechanics that don't revolve completely around the mana system so it might be coming back to life. Maybe in 10 years.

When will they develop the gender education system to add more discipline to your armies?

Played most of a full game for the first time since I got a few dlc like mandate cossacks and mare today. Is super predictable at the start. Seems like most of the game is just dealing with the gamey ""disasters"" like court and country. Them revolution is fucked now. Went knights and took over the Balkans and all of Italy for some reason. Went to get the Jerusalem achievement at the end of the game but couldn't because I'm shit and once you go revolutionary you can't get. Feels bad

Jerusalem can only be formed before 1530 or something
Also if you’re that good why not play Minghals

I really hate that you can't go revolutionary unless your capital is in Europe. It's fine if the Enlightenment can only start in Europe but if India has embraced it, why wouldn't it be able to go revolutionary unless I snag some European province?

Just gone back to vanilla after playing with mods for ages in order to try and get some achievements.

Mainly because I'm bored

Fuck no, seeing the Ottomans get shat upon by Memeluks makes the new patch worth it.

I'm not good. Besides it was like playing my first game again. Idk seems like a challenge. Wallachia is a much easier start

>Wallachia is a much easier start
Why bother since you can never get Dracula as a ruler

Doesn't always happen but it sure is nice to see. Seeing 2 giant vomit-green blobs every game, often allied with each other, was getting old.

>2 giant vomit-green blobs
Russia?

Yes. The unholy turko-russian alliance dishusts me more than any blobbing france.

>unholy turko-russian alliance
ABSOLUTELY horrifying
I remember getting the We Bled for This achievement in a war with mega-Russia, and I fucking empathize with the Germans on the Eastern Front after it. Endless GODDAMN waves of Russian stacks

It's a really stupid fucking game. CK2 has more personality, Victoria II has more nation building, and this game fails at both of them.

Why would they nerf the ottomans?
I have trouble expanding along historical lines anyway.

They dont cool boat that sails to the new world. CK2 makes you think the world is flat.

because ottos got free manpower via events and expanded far faster than any other nation, and wouldnt stop at hungary but push into italy

I played another game again after a two year hiatus, I don't know if I really like institutions. I've noticed they seem to all accrue so quickly in non-European provinces that the old tech group malus to research is basically gone. It was especially a harsh thing in the new world because "westernization" still immediately closes your technology gap with the nearby power, so spending monarch points on tech was completely worthless. I can understand Paradox wanted a more dynamic system than "these guys aren't in Europe so they don't think as well," but tech groups worked well enough that I wasn't entirely bothered by it.

That said, I did manage to take the Wichita indians from savages in the late 1400s to the dominant power in the new world, driving out the Europeans and landing troops on their own shores, vassalizing lesser powers like Portugul and depriving England of trade. Seriously, I was raking in like 400 ducats per month by the end of the game.

Dont get me wrong i played the shit out of EU4 but this game really suffers from the lack of defined characters that CK2 has.

They really need to merge Crusader Kings and Victoria and just have it span from 700 to 1920.

Their CCR was the best in the game without doing florryworry type shit and their ideas/events are essentially Quantity Ideas without having to invest in them. Now the best CCR's seem to be limited to formable nations like Mughals and Yuan and the Mamaluks should survive a tad bit longer than 1500.

Institutions work okay enough if you're assuming that no AI is going to dev up to unlock it and the hordes last a reasonable length of time. Most of the time though, you just do pic related like I just did in my current weeb game and completely fuck up the order of things.

I play EU2. EU4 is cancer, and EU3 doesn't have the a e s t h e t i c s as EU2.

Not as long as MEIOU is still alive.

Institutions work fine, developing provinces is the problem. Being able to spend some mana to instantly double the population of a city and spawn the Renaissance in China is absurd.

Anyone else hate the lack of focus of mercenaries in a Renaissance era game?

Maybe when j*han finally starts caring about the hre.

It has been some time since I last played this. My greatest moment on this game was making Byzantium great again. I allied with the Austrians and Lithuania and when a war happened against the Ottomans, I was able to reconquer some clay. And eventually get the Byzantine Empire back on track.

Are Prussians still space marines? Did they nerf France who always easily beat England in the beginning?