Ok how do you see btc / segwit2x / bch playing out?

NYA happening or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

fork.lol/pow/hashrate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SOMEONE ANSWER OP GODMANIT

nobody is answering because nobody cares. it's a nonevent. kys.

I think its going to fork and have zero clue as to what will happen as a result. If past history tells us anything btc will soar

The Blockstream fuckers are devious, they'll probably squeeze out a win somehow against all logic. Their psyops game is strong and have a lot of cucks in their pocket.

Bseg $6k
2Xcoin $300
Bcash $800

That's kind of how I see it playing out too. BCH was an ideological split from core. It's one thing to have hashpower oscillating between one and the other. But 2x is a network split that would turn btc into the biggest shitcoin imaginable.

So is the solution here to simply hold our BTC on a private wallet that we control until it's over, or what?

fork is mid november. segwit2x has 94% support

however, f2 pool withdrew so that's going to be around 83% at the time of the fork (they just haven't bothered to stop signaling yet because the pool owner has to restart to do it).

the original chain can survive on 17% hash but it will be painfully slow. it looks like there's going to be a split: btc and btc1.

it looks like when the dust settles there will be 3 different bitcoin versions, (btc, bch, and btc1). the problem is, after the fork, BTC WILL NEVER BE PROFITABLE TO MINE AGAIN. the difficulty adjusts too slow and lightning isn't ready yet.

if f2 pool didn't withdraw support for segwit2x, btc1 would have just been called btc since at 95% hash you, by the rules, are "bitcoin"

however, looks like we won't hit that point. this is actually according to plan by f2 pool, which is shilling for bch. with the original chain dead, bch can death spiral attack btc1 and become the "one true bitcoin."

these guys are literally playing a game of 3d chess trying to kill each other. core has some tricks though with its army of shills and the fact that it controls r/bitcoin and many bitcoin news outlets

>implying miners dictate a fork

they do, yes. do you have more to add?

The miners will switch to whatever is worth more. They don't dictate the price, they follow it.

>btc1 would have just been called btc since at 95% hash you, by the rules, are "bitcoin"
Miners don't dictate consensus rules. Otherwise ethereum would have became "bitcoin" when its marketcap was briefly over bitcoin and it had more miners on it.

... also, if having a higher hashrate was all it took to define the consensus rules, then no altcoins would exist ...

they will switch to what's more profitable, not worth more. this can be seen here:

fork.lol/pow/hashrate

currently, bch has 30% of the hash. the remaining 70% is split between btc1 and btc, with 94% for btc1 and 6% for btc.

so the more probable outcome is this:

1. split happens. bch supporters signal for btc and not btc1 to save btc. btc lives at 17% hash.

2. after the split, btc is too slow to difficulty adjust and is never profitable again. it's basically out of the fight for the time being.

2. btc1 will have 100% of the hash at this point, but then bch will eda and start eating the hash

3. by design, bch will start eating more and more hash. with no maximalism left (the btc ticker gone) bch could actually win this one.

however, if btc1 kills btc right away (it doesn't survive with some hash) and btc1 becomes btc then i don't see bch winning. i don't really see this happening though because core won't die without a fight. they invested too much in trying to control btc and will die screaming and fighting, not in a clean fork

Holy fuck this shit is too much

By btc1 do you mean seg2x? It wasn't clear in your post

oh, and there's a 0% chance, regardless of what happens, that core wins. from what i hear they know this and have an emergency hard fork planned to keep the btc ticker but with an alt.

it's going to be weird as fuck having some altcoin woth $12 with the btc ticker and no hash rate and then bitcoin with the bch or btc1 ticker.

strange time ahead

yes, that's the ticker that coinbase is using for segwit2x. coinbase was part of the nya.

All of these things are going to put crypto into a long term bear market. Do u agree? Also i hold 25 bch, should i hold or convert to btc?
T. Brainlet

actually scratch that. i'm not sure core's fork would keep the original ticker either. i think the original ticker is just going to be replaced with btc1 and future btc upgrades will be btc2, btc3, etc.

but honestly who knows. core could pull something out of their ass

no one really knows. we have a 3 way fight and literally anyone could win. it's looking like bch has the best shot at winning with its eda, but then core is fucking core and segwit2x has the hash... literally anyone could win.

maybe all 3 kill each other and eth wins

bch, btc1 are nothing more than scams ran by large holders of bitcoins. its like releasing a instamined shitcoin but without anyone being able to know how badly instamined it is. notice how bch was shilled everywhere that it will replace bitcoin, and just look at the price and subsequent dump. they saw how easy it was and are gonna do it again. "believe me guys, we need 8mb blocks"

it's a way for people to get more btc for less money. pseudo inflation

I'd say you're pretty well-hedged there. I do think btc is overbought and bch is undervalued and the market just hasn't realized it yet. From a purely functional standpoint I believe BCH is the best coin. In terms of adoption I think it stands the best chance to win in the event of a split. Really no telling

>they will switch to what's more profitable, not worth more. this can be seen here:
Miners switch until the ratio of miners between the two coins is equal to the ratio of price between the two coins. (There's some shenanigans related to the timing of difficulty changes, but that only really matters in the short run or if a coin suddenly loses nearly all of its miners.)

If at some time btc1 is half the price of btc but it only has a quarter of the miners as btc, then it will be more profitable to mine btc1 until enough people switch to btc1, pushing the btc1 difficulty up, and it will stabilize when btc1 was half the miners of btc (or whatever the new price ratio is).

... why would core rename bitcoin and then take on s2x's naming scheme?

This.

I think if you ignore all other factors, the price of bitcoin right before a fork is equal to the combined price of it after the fork and its new fork. The fork doesn't automatically introduce value into the system.

Now I think the act of forking might cause some publicity on bitcoin, which could mean that value is added into the system around the time the fork happens, such that BTC could continue to go up through the fork, but I think that has a lot to do with the current novelty of forks. Once people get tired of forks, that won't continue to hold true.

Bch has irrationally held itself back on not-even-hard-fork upgrades like segwit, and Bitcoin is the only one with an actual and proven dev team.

So what will actually happen on the 25th? If we hold BTC in a wallet we control, then that same wallet on the BTC1 network will be filled with BTC1 to the same value?

Segwit2x is in November. It's the me-too "Bitcoin Gold" fork that's on the 25th. If you hold the BTC in a wallet you control (as in you have the private keys), then yes you'll get your forkcoins.

core would keep the btc name in theory this way: they fork btc, but then no one mines the old chain since its literally a corpse that went cold. then they use their control over the community hubs to get people to say its the real btc

if anyone is confused at any time about forks, just go to google type "bitcoin download" and click im feeling lucky. that is the one everyone is using and will always be most valuable. if you stay up to date on news and shills, you also have the opportunity to download some other wallet early and use that to get in on some easy free pump and dump earnings.