Is China's economy just a meme, or is "China's economy is just a meme" just a meme?

Is China's economy just a meme, or is "China's economy is just a meme" just a meme?

China's power projection has been vastly overstated by paranoid folk since the early '00s.

People are just catching on now.

China has had the highest GDP in the world for most of recorded history. The West has been on top only since the beginning of the 1800's.

They have the largest single labor force and consumer market in the world, a highly technocratic leadership, and a massive amount of highly fertile farmland.

So yeah, not a meme.

Not to mention a fascinating expansive history, and a massive population

For sure.

I think a lot of people in the west who dismiss the idea of a Pax Sinica in the near future are usually not aware of the scale of China itself and how long its history is. I mean they built a fucking canal from Beijing to Shanghai in 500 AD and its STILL the biggest artificial river in the world. The fact that they realized such a thing would be useful that early and that they were actually able to pull it off is unprecedented. I'm not sure you could find any civilization of a similar scale anywhere else in the world at that period in time

>Shanghai

my bad, its actually Hangzhou

China's wealth is almost entirely concentrated in foreign owners and the wealthy chinese. This isnt really a bad thing, but their economy could literally crash overnight if investments looked bleak. Luckily this would take some pretty heavy circumstance that likely wouldn't happen.

>Luckily this would take some pretty heavy circumstance that likely wouldn't happen.

Agreed. It would take a world changing event for global investors to lose confidence in their real economy. The only thing within the realm of possibility would be internal political instability

yes to both.
Its clearly very succesful and powerful, and its global influence will only grow as China ships manufacturing out to Africa while simultaneously growing more service and entertainment oriented industries at home (see their massive investment into film and sports recently as two examples).
At the same time though, China is in a bubble, and bubbles burst. I imagine some sort of plateau or even a crash simmilar to what Japan experienced in the 80's is on the horizon.

Everyone knows there's a real estate bubble, but everyone is also too afraid to pop it. The bubble is being propped up by the spending patterns of the Chinese, which is that they will skimp on every and splurge on a house. This means there's a ton of money and a ton of demand for houses, which keeps the real estate bubble inflated for now.

The Chinese government would actually quite like their citizens to stop being so autistic about saving all the money for a house and spend their money all the time like Westerners do. That drives up domestic demand for their factories.

""China's economy is just a meme" is just a meme" is just a meme

Nice try chink but we both know that China was only successful so early because they occupy the most fertile land in the world, in one of the most geographically isolated regions in the world. Also don't fucking act like the Roman empire was inferior to it.

You know what will ruin China's plans? Corruption. I am a high-ranking politician and must organize an expensive project? Cool, give me 20 billion. Whoops, it did only cost 10 billion and me and the corrupt builder split the other 10 billion among ourselves.

What are you going to do about it?

China is still too racist and backwards to ever become a global leader and superpower.

They are known for cooking the books and padding their GDP to serve their interests and make things look rosy when they are not. They prevent investors from taking money out of China, blocking Chinese citizens and businesses from investing in the US and elsewhere.

But the global economy is in a good spot right now, so I don't think they're doing too bad. But you should never believe the official numbers as they are known to fraudulent.

Xi already imprisoned some million officials for corruption, he has his own red terror to clean the country

Yes

China is trying to fake it till it makes it and is more then halfway there.

Based Xi, greatest world leader of this century

>most fertile land in the world
Like most river deltas in the world?
>in one of the most geographically isolated regions in the world
Like every regions of the world?

"""China's economy is just a meme" is just a meme" is just a meme" is just a meme

>What are you going to do about it?
Imprison, take the money you stole back and eventually execute you, like they did with every other corrupt official they discovered.
You are trying to think China as a western nation, which it isn't.

>China was only successful so early because they occupy the most fertile land in the world

wow you mean like every other successful ancient civilization? color me fucking surprised

>Also don't fucking act like the Roman empire was inferior to it.

where the fuck did i say anything about the Roman empire??

christ, your post reeks of paranoia and insecurity. I'm an American but I'm not scared of them like you are. Its important to understand other countries, cletus

I'm sure the evil, soulless Chinks will collapse soon, China is all just meme/bubble, right?

Listen here buddy I'm about to speak the truth. Anyone who tells you China is going to collapse any second or China is going to take over the world in five years is full of shit. At this point they have so many factors that can tip the balance it's a complete toss up. Nobody has any idea about the future of China. Anybody that believes different is either memeing or they don't have enough evidence

Sounds like a New York City infrastructure project

>You know what will ruin China's plans? Corruption. I am a high-ranking politician and must organize an expensive project? Cool, give me 20 billion. Whoops, it did only cost 10 billion and me and the corrupt builder split the other 10 billion among ourselves.
T-that never happens in 'Murica!