99% of ico's are scams

99% of ico's are scams.
Can you give an example of a single ICO which delivered what it promised or followed their roadmap and made an alpha version of the product in their whitepaper which has any value in the real market outside the CC sphere?
Prove me wrong and I'll buy your ICO.

Bitcoin

ChainLink. They had a working product BEFORE the ICO and have been working on it since before Ethereum was created.

They also have SWIFT as their paying customer and have a big conference on October 16th at SIBOS.

It's as legit as it gets.

Their whitepaper was also PEER-REVIEWED.

>thinly veiled "shill me a coin Veeky Forums" thread

Listen, this ICO is revolutionary bro, its got announcements coming, its got partnerships to be announced, its got milestones to miss, roadmaps to hit.

For real though, no one would buy an ICO of a coin that had a finished product already working because theres no carrot dangling out in the distance promising something that could be hyped that could raise coin prices that could make gains.

No one cares about functioning products sadly, its just what has a roadmap of potential hype cycles to exploit. Look at us now Satoshi, did we do it, did we fight the good fight.

duh if theres tens of thousands of them thats hundreds that are legit

Riplle is even better, and XMR as a coin is a scam. Just because the ICO is legit doesn't mean THEIR COIN has any real use or value.

They haven't made it yet tho'. Ari Juels is fucking legit though. Having him as an active advisor and shareholder is a good sign.

SIFT, Bitdice, Ethbet, etc.

Their "we made it" moment will be October 16th.

Screencap this ;)

Air Juels co-wrote the whitepaper. He's a lot more than an active advisor.

Ethereum

>Riplle is even better, and XMR as a coin is a scam.
You mean XRP as a coin is a scam?

Are you implying that Chainlink the company is legit, but LINK the token isn't?

Because that would simply be false.

Chainlink is a decentralized network of oracle nodes that input data.
This decentralization is absolutely key to doing oracles right. Centralized oracles are single points of failure and inherently unreliable.

Chainlink also works with a multitude of underlying blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger in SWIFT's case).

So knowing this, how do you support decentralization?
Same way bitcoin supports decentralization: incentivization.
The nodes are motivated by money in both bitcoin and Chainlink.

How do you incentivize nodes that can talk to multiple blockchains?
A cryptocoin from one of those blockchains wouldn't work; there are multiple blockchains involved in Chainlink.
Fiat would require some kind of built-in conversion system.

What's the solution?
A token that is native to the basic Chainlink system (which is Ethereum-based).
In Chainlink's case: an ERC20 token with added features.

This is the perfect token use case.

> Chainlink is a decentralized network of oracle nodes that input data.
They lie. You can't solve oracles in a decentralized way, because that impliess trustlessness, which is a paradox.

The more independent sources of information, the greater the trustlessness.

Decentralization is the only way to do oracles.

This is where the meme "they solved the oracle problem" comes from.

> The more independent sources of information, the greater the trustlessness.
What if one independent source says 89.1 and the other 88.9? Will you "settle" on 89 as the true point because all are right?

The Oracles compete and prove themselves. It is basically a market based solution. The idea is the trustworthy Oracles will appear because being a trustworthy Oracles is profitable. LINK are what the Oracles bid with.

Read the whitepaper.

The basic point is obviously to go with the result that shows the greatest consensus, but there's a whole lot more going on in terms of "competition" between nodes.

This whitepaper is a peer-reviewed masterpiece co-written by Ari Juels. You should read it.

Bid for, rather.

ARK is trading at $2.77 ripple and monero are not scams

>The basic point is obviously to go with the result that shows the greatest consensus
Consensus controlled for trustworthyness.

TenX

I think its time to go back to ethereum, the 300$ mental block is just begging to be broken and then to the moon

Enigma deployed their catalyst alpha 3 months ahead of schedule
I'm sure if you do your due diligence you would understand it's real world potential

SONM
1) Working alpha BEFORE ico
2) blockchain is crucial to technology and product
3) Sonm actually gives you 0.5% transaction fees
4)active development and steady growth, well written white paper(yellow paper is coming out soon)
5) Nobody shillz it on biz, which is actually bigger than anything else( i've seen one thread so far)