Was Yugoslavia a mistake?

Well...was it? Or was it better for Serbs and Croats to seperate themselves from each other right after WWI?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banovina_of_Croatia
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Yugoslavia_proposed_banovinas_1939_1941.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Serbs and Croats are literally the same people except one is Orthodox and one is Catholic. They need to get their shit together.

1939 internal borders should be modern borders.
Only 3 countries. Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia should exists. The other 3 are memes.
That's all i'm gonna say.

Well, can't really argue with the meme countries argument. It's sad how true it is.

A nation is a daily referendum.
We may speak the same language. But we don't want anything to do with each other.

We actually want more to do with each other than it is obvious. The problem is that no side respects the wishes of the other so we're basically always in a struggle for domination. When Serbs dominate, Croats and Muslims get pissed and then they get to dominate and kill a bunch of Serbs "just because they are filthy Vlachshits" and then commies butt fuck us all for 50 years for being stupid and then we start it all over again - Serbia wants to dominate, Croats and Muslims get pissed, all hell breaks loose as everybody kills each other left and right and then we wonder "what went wrong".
We're dumb. Yugoslavia should have been split definetely along the Croatian banovina lines.

you know, there is no other group of people i support as much as the serbs. they literally have done nothing wrong but theyre the ones who take all the shit. it makes me fucking sick

you are right, jogoslavia should all be italian land

Serb here. Our mistakes were not immoral or evil or whatever. We made strategic mistakes - like npt realizing that Croats dont like our heavy handed style of rule ( which has helped us a lot against everyone. We're actually a strange bunch - we will be the most liberal and the most authoritarian at the same time. And that's where we didnt see we should take a step back. And on the other hand, the reaction from Croats and Muslims in the shape of ustasha and genociding was undeserved )

serious question not trying to bait but do you think kosovo should be Serbia's?

More like we hate government but love national unity.

The most powerful nation that has ever existed. Massive populace of 20 millon that would rival Romania, best scientists and engineers that gave us the ulitmate car, Yugo. One of the most hardworking people, so much we had to export them to Germany because they built everything that could be built in Yugoslavia. The Eternal American CIA fears Yugo warrior, the 4th most powerful army in the world. Leading minds in philosophy like Žižek, Šešelj, Dado Polumenta,....

You sound like my grandpa.
I wish he were ironic.

All of that is true though?

>Massive populace of 20 millon that would rival Romania, best scientists and engineers that gave us the ulitmate car, Yugo.
Bullshit, the Yugo is third at best.

Lada and Zaporozhets are the real top two cars.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Yugo.

Serbia is where Serbs live. So much for that imo. Firmal reckognition of a Shqiptar state is meaningless as there are almost no Serbs left down there. But, if Srpska must be a part of BiH by the standards if the International community, then Kosovo is Serbia. It's either equal standards or all guns blazing.

>LITERALLY started WW1

>implying that was the only reason wwi started
it was just the straw that broke the camels back, ya sperg. The war would've happened anyways.

Rolling tanks into other people's countries isn't doing them any favors.

This is the best plan for separation.

> Well...was it?

No, ww2 was a mistake.

Croats and Serbs formed a really good deal in 1939, then Brits had to fuck up everything by bringing Yugoslavia into the war.

Banovina of Croatia was a really good deal for the Croats;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banovina_of_Croatia

after which, naturally, the Serb nationalists were kinda butthurt and proposed their own banovina.

iIn my opinion this solution could have resulted in a pretty dope monarchy that could have lasted into the present day;

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Yugoslavia_proposed_banovinas_1939_1941.png

But again, the fucking Anglo.

Fucking fuck.

>upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Yugoslavia_proposed_banovinas_1939_1941.png

That proposition is too Serb based.

IMO, the Bihac area and the western Krajina should be given to Croatia, as Bihac was a Croatian city for 800 years, until 1592.

That way the Muslim population is halved in two separate entities and thus, unable to cause any trouble.

Ha. Yugoslavia was one of those hated post-war creations, it was inevitably going to be drawn into the war, especially with irrendentist Mussolini and his retarded Neo-Roman Empire. Besides, I might point out that a lot of Yugoslavians enthusiastically participated in all the war had to offer.

Why do Croats and Serbs hate each other so much?
They do have a common thread in technically speaking the same language, after all.
When did this hatred originate? Pre-Yugoslavia?

Serbs have a complex to them. Many Croats have sympathies to the fascist regime of WWII. It's a vicious cycle.

user, entertain me a moment.
If Austria and the Ottomans destroyed each other in some war around 1860~ and the Balkans were freed, and Croatia, Bosnia, and Serbia, without the others, were united under king who really wanted to unite the people, who established a national language moderator, tried to make the people feel like Yugoslavs before Croats or Serbs, Etc., could he have succeeded? Could Yugoslavia ever survive?
I just want it in my alt-his.

>the people feel like Yugoslavs before Croats or Serbs, Etc.,
Eh, I don't think so for Yugoslavia to succeed a Swiss style cantonal approach has to be taken, people are very provincial here even within Croat or Serb identities, attempting to force a Yugoslav identity wouldn't work I don't think.

The only chance in my opinion was the 19th century Illyrian movement.

>Why do Croats and Serbs hate each other so much?
serbs dominated yugoslavia since its inception, then when the nazis gave the croats independence they were arguably worse than the germans

Dubrovnik in Serbia, fucking kek