Now that the dust has settled, was the revolution a mistake?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nM9ZEKQUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not killing all of the romanovs was

February really wasn't. October was.

>Implying that trying to change the government in the middle of a fucking war wasn't a terrible idea to begin with.

The Februarists removed the Czar because they thought he was incompetent then quickly proved that they were far more incompetent themselves.

February Revolution was GOAT tier which was desperately needed. The only mistake Provisional government did was not suing for peace with Krauts.
October revolution ruined everything and cause biggest tragedy in worlds history which lasted for 74 years.
>ywn go back in time to kidnap Lenin and sodomize him to death.

This.

Liberal

correct answer. Also, the eternal kr*ut is to blame

>The only mistake Provisional government did was not suing for peace with Krauts.

Look up the terms of "peace" that Germany was demanding and you'll quickly realize why that wasn't an option. Ludendorff wanted to dismantle Russia, carving up Russia's western provinces into German-satellite states. Furthermore, the Central Powers were getting thrashed pretty hard in 1917. Why would you drop out when you're on the winning team?

It's always the fucking kr*uts who fuck shit up for europens...
Kaufman was 100% fucking right.

Why is Veeky Forums so obsessed with Tsar Nicholas and Adolf Hitler?

Nicky was a good boy who dindu nuffin
Hitler is tard zone.

They saw some pictures of Nicky acting goofy so he's supposed to be based now or something despite his fuckups.

He was a poor leader but the guy was still a human bean who's whole family was violently murdered

Yes. Obviously.

>human bean
That's kind of contradictory user, don't you think?

Just look at this.
He was a simple dude who loved his family but was a shitty ruler and was overthrown for it.
His family didn't deserve death and could have been treated the same way Mao treated Qin dynasty.

>Qing dynasty*

There are probably like 150 million less Russians in the world today (counting those killed and their hypothetical generations of offspring) than if the revolution had never happened.

I'd say that's a good thing.

So the only reason why people like him is because they feel sympathy for him and his family? Why don't these same people then show as much sympathy for people like Stilicho, who was executed after being falsely accused, then his family, soldiers were slaughtered as well, plus the families of Stilicho's soldiers?
It seems like a silly reason to be obsessed over a person this much. I mean I consider it a tragedy as well, but I still consider him primarily for what he was, a shit ruler.

Who ever was against Stilicho? Where the fuck do you get this shit from?
Flavius Stilicho was a great military commander who let Rome live for more few decades. He Defended Rome to the last breath against ostrogothic kr*ut invaders and was betrayed by a fucking Theodosian inbred chicken plucked Honorius.
What happened to him was a tragedy and he should've became emperor and exterminated every member of Theodosian dynasty and the entire useless senate.

>Who ever was against Stilicho? Where the fuck do you get this shit from?
Where did I imply people were against Stilicho? Where the fuck do YOU get this shit from? I was saying that if people treat Nicky greatly because he was a good guy that had his family unjustifiably murdered, why not the same treatment for Stilicho? Why is he more or not ignored, unlike Nicky.

>became emperor and exterminated every member of Theodosian dynasty
then he would be betraying the very man he was dead loyal to, Theodosius I.

Yes

...but getting involved in the war was a far worse mistake. Russia was expriencing a period of unprecedented economic, industrial, and infrastructure growth in 1914. They'd also just begun a major reform of its armed forces set to be completed (ironically) by 1917.

If Russia had just let Austria have its way in Serbia, it could have stood a good chance of beating Germany come 1917. As it was, everyone was surprised by how fast Russia was able to mobilize and transport its forces.

Because Stilicho isn't as popular historical figure as very recent Nicky.
Most people don't even know names of last western roman emperors of 5th century and you expect people to remember as such great gems as Stilicho?
Most great people are forgotten in dust of history, sad but true... That's why today people must educate on great people such as Stilicho.

You can always create a thread about Stilicho and discuss and sympathise him like many anons do. This thread is about Nicky and his adorable autism.

desu the Russians could've crushed the Germans at Tannenberg but the absolute retardedness of the General staff and the generals in Tannenberg lead to the defeat. I'd also say the mistake Russia made was that it continued going with the belief that fortresses were a viable thing, when some military officers argued that it's dumb because they could be easily destroyed by artillery. Unsurprisingly no one listened to them, and the Jerries shelled the fortresses very easily, which made Russia lose a good chunk of its heavy armament.

>having loyalty to such faggots like Theodosius the """"Great""""
He had it comming.

I find it weird how Stilicho isn't as popular of a historical figure tbqh. He essentially envisions the perfect general: An experienced general who, although is half-Vandal, was fanatically loyal to the throne and devoted himself to fighting for Rome to the last breath, even though IIRC he knew that Honorius himself was a gullible little twat, he fought for the Empire to the end.

People don't even know remember people like Flavius Aetius who defended Rome against the original huns same way Stilicho did against goth's.
It's such a shame that most great men from late roman empire were forgotten.

Absolutely, the Bolsheviks ruined Russia.

The Provisional Government's mistake was not exiling Lennin and the other Bolshevik tyrants.

God I fucking hate Nicky

>feels sympathy for 1 man and his family so blames communism
>does not blame the tsardom for hundreds of years of wars and enslavement

Not a fan of the bolsheviks myself but i hate this attitude

Nicholas was a inept and almost pathetic character, so we empathize with his failures more than a great man who played power politics and lost.

We also have a lot more documentation of what Nicky's life was like, and what he was thinking. I'm sure if we had photos of Stilicho's children playing in the back yard, we'd feel more sympathy for them.

Was the Tsardom really worse than any other monarchy? How come the Brits get away with presenting their monarchy as friendly and acceptable but if Russia does the same thing it is somehow wrong?

british monarchy has parliment it can use to deflect it's incompetence.

the Tsar didn't

No.
Naming Nicky as Tzar was, though.

Not only they. Aristocracy thought the same, and even one of the Tzar's relatives was involved in the removal of Rasputin.

>Muh peaceful February revolution.

Haven't those retards start butchering and oppressing gendarms and ohranka, they might have had SOME protection when bolsheviks started rioting.

>Was the Tsardom really worse than any other monarchy

Tzardom went full retard pretty much after "Sobornoye Ulozhenie" and, judging by the "directive about kitchemaid's children" and the overall attitude that can be summed up with the "lower civil ranks and dogs are not allowed", it was not meant to stop.
Fuckers thought that their special place in the country is given by God and it, therefore, eternal.

The Okhrana couldn't even stop its double agents murdering members of the Duma, they were fucking hopeless

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nM9ZEKQUY

Yes.