How do you come to grips with the fact that the average normie is barely one step above an animal?

How do you come to grips with the fact that the average normie is barely one step above an animal?

I work in an engineering office with a bunch of former frat bros and sorority whores. It amazes me how empty and vapid their lives are. Bars on Friday, leased BMW's, """"traveling"""" to Cancun.

People that never once in their lives have recreationally listened to classical music, gone to an opera, read literature or philosophy, learned a foreign language, travelled to a foreign country, visited an art museum, learned an instrument or tried painting or sculpting or drawing or writing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xkunUeOgM&feature=youtu.be&t=31m2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yet they are enjoying their lives much more than you ever will posting shitthreads with a picture of a cartoon frog on a Tibetan silk-weaving forum.

Surely you are worth more than them user, that's why you're spending a Friday/Saturday bitching about your co-workers instead of learning an instrument, trying painting, sculpting or drawing

>How do you come to grips with the fact that the average normie is barely one step above an animal?
I don't. It's a source of constant amazement to me. However, I don't care if they're not intellectual as long as at least they are kind. It's much better have stupid but kind people around than intelligent sociopaths.

Try to find people who share your values, user. It is hard but there are some. And they help you getting better as a person, since they are a better influence than the people you work with.

The kind of live OP is talking about doesn't lead to happiness.

There is nothing wrong with discussing how people in general live.

>The kind of live OP is talking about doesn't lead to happiness.
And the one OP is living leads to happiness? Being a social critic? Criticizing without putting forth solutions just makes you a jew.

Are you under the impression this is a blogging site?

How do you know the only thing OP does in life is social criticism?

This is the Humanities board, idiot.

>The kind of live OP is talking about doesn't lead to happiness.

Who the hell are you to say It? Sorry guy posting on Veeky Forums, you are not the arbiter of happiness in this plane of existence.

Is "I'm a pretentious faggot and don't like my co-workers going to Cancun" considered a subject in the humanities now?

Well OP certainly didn't put forth a lifestyle alternative to the one he described

If only the brightest philosophers mankind has ever created spent hundreds of years discussing how to best live life.

"How people live their lives" is an important part of the humanities.

>recreationally listened to classical music, gone to an opera, read literature or philosophy, learned a foreign language, travelled to a foreign country, visited an art museum, learned an instrument or tried painting or sculpting or drawing or writing

The thread isn't about "How people live their lives", it's about a pretentious dickhead looking for validation

>work in an engineering office with a bunch of former frat bros and sorority whores. It amazes me how empty and vapid their lives are. Bars on Friday, leased BMW's, """"traveling"""" to Cancun.

And in the end they were all humans too. You can't objectively measure happiness, one's happiness is not more or less than another's. Some people will genuinely be happy going to bars every Friday, having casual sex and going on vacations to Mexico. It's a fact of life and you can't change that. Sure you can him and haw and say "he's not really happy!" as you continue sitting at your desk, but it would be rather fruitless, because he's probably having too good of a time to notice or care. Humans don't live by one standard on just about anything, it's pathetic to act like that's the case.

Its people like this that have led me to believe that not everyone is born with a soul. One must develop and earn a soul when they form some type of internal ideology.

>Please suck me off, look how cultured I am
That's what he's saying

Actually pretty decent outlook. Never thought about it like that.

You're deluded if you think people who live like that are happy.

I can certainly say they aren't insecure enough about it to start threads trying to validate their own hobbies compared to others

Introspection and reflection are not “seeking validation”, brainlet

But making this thread is, brainlet

Literally no other reason to blogpost about it

>why am i cursed to be such a special snowflake :(((

the way to deal with it is to realize that those normies don't know any better. they aren't deep thinkers so they can only think and behave at a basic, primitive level. and they can't change so just ignore it

>Airing my laundry in a public forum is introspection

I tip my fedora to you

>How DARE they not indulge in le opera, no doubt listening to that degenerate 'rap' music instead

Then why bring up your co-workers user? Are you insecure they lead lives they enjoy without being a pseud?

How do you come to grips with the fact that the average frogposter is barely one step above an animal?

I fratrenize on an autistic forum with a bunch of NEETs and camwhores. It amazes me how empty and vapid their lives are. Shitposting on Friday, leased sextoys, """"traveling"""" upstairs to mom's kitchen.

Something something I'm a special snowflake.

"Intellectuals" that listen to classical music are almost worse than normies. They are sometimes more vapid than frat bros.

>They are sometimes more vapid than frat bros.
I'd say always, Fratbros don't pretend they're anything more than they are, pseuds suck themselves off for being so outrageous as to listen to classical music or go to the opera as if that's some rare thing

you're the exact same vapid retard you make fun of lol

nobody here thinks youre anything more than a shallow moron that tries to validate himself in Veeky Forums of all places.

I'd rather be friends with those normies than a walking fedora.

The vast majority of people do not listen to classical music or watch operas.

This desu. Who cares what they do if their not assholes. Although I am suprised that people go to art museums and spend no more than a glance looking at huge and complex paintings and even whole room displays. Also apparently it's weird to like classical music, opera, and history. But that's good because they stay out

This video single handedly made me hate intellectuals. It's one of the hardest videos to watch without vomiting.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xkunUeOgM&feature=youtu.be&t=31m2s

Start at 31min and see how long you last.

Enough do for it to be profitable, and they aren't all angsty teenagers trying to be different from their peers

>go to the Louvre, Smithsonian, Musée d’Orsay, National Portrait Gallery etc
>endless number of thots just speed walking through the galleries, stopping occasionally to take a selfie next to the main attraction

>Normal people taking holiday pictures and not staring at a piece of art for a quarter hour like an aficionado
>WTF? Why would they do that?
Are you autistic?

>complaining about the op which happens to be correct in its assessment of the vapid nature of the average person in the modern age

even op himself is probably somewhat of a normie since he has a degree and acquiring a degree requires a certain servile normie mindset of needing external feedback as validation and generally needing to be forced in order to learn but he isn't wrong

For a moment I thought I was in r9k

I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out he's the exact same breed of vapid shit because he can't get his own dick out of his mouth over listening to classical music and goes to the opera

>profitable

Without taxpayer money and endowments those things would close tomorrow

>people unironically defending being a pleb on Veeky Forums

Are you Mexican? If you're not, you're contradicting yourself with the bit about them talking about travelling to Cancún.
That contradiction would kind of make you sound like a guy who makes shit up about their interests or experience out of bitterness for some reason, like perhaps not forming part of their circle.

>go to an art museum
>don’t even look at the art but take cute IG pictures

What did they mean by this

theres literally nothing wrong with that

you're probably a fat unattractive pseud that thinks hes better than everyone because he looks at art for or some shit

fuck off loser

>"How people live their lives" is an important part of the humanities.
Oh please. What subject? Ethics?

Are you expecting them to write a theses on the technique or something? Normalfags don't know shit about art, some might even learn from that limited exposure, but I guess only proper art aficionados like yourself should even be granted entry because some of them might post on instagram about it

I go to r/the_Donald and r/Incel with my fellow enlightened gentlemen and laugh at normies, of course! And women!

Anime pretty much saves me from this gay world.

it's not the act itself that's the problem. it's the behavior that's the problem

>implying redditors aren't mostly a bunch of normie faggots

I believe this is one of those "interactive exhibits" and not just a bunch of cunts looking at their phones for no reason

>people like things I don't like
>fucking animals
You're the animal since you strive for control in your day to day life, instead of letting things alone

Even if it wasn't, what would be the problem? They could have been taking a break after looking at things and walking for hours. Imagine how much of a pretentious person you have to be to think this picture is bad because "lol, this particular instant captured by the picture shows these people not looking at the painting, so vapid amirite!?".

It's a cherrypicked picture, this is the same day with the same class, but it's difficult for pseuds to scoff at people putting in more effort than themselves to learn about art

>And in the end they were all humans too. You can't objectively measure happiness, one's happiness is not more or less than another's. Some people will genuinely be happy going to bars every Friday, having casual sex and going on vacations to Mexico. It's a fact of life and you can't change that. Sure you can him and haw and say "he's not really happy!" as you continue sitting at your desk, but it would be rather fruitless, because he's probably having too good of a time to notice or care. Humans don't live by one standard on just about anything, it's pathetic to act like that's the case.

Your problem is that you are ignorant. The "measuring happiness" argument is against certain parts of utilitarianism, not over classical ethics.
And the philosophers didn't have your shallow anti-intellectualism of thinking that every way of life is the same, that you can't use your rationality to improve how you live. And they used their rationality for that. They didn't live like animals who don't contemplate over what you should do and how you should live and do whatever seems like will feel good.

Smoking crack will not lead to as good of a life as living like a philosopher.

>Oh please. What subject? Ethics?
Yes? What else is Ethics other than this?

>theres literally nothing wrong with that
>you're probably a fat unattractive pseud that thinks hes better than everyone because he looks at art for or some shit

I'm not him.
What being fat and unattractive has to do with anything? Does beauty makes your arguments better or something?

that's not the point. the point isn't about that pic in particular but the hypotheticl situation of vapid people with no interest in art or culture pretending they have such interests. and yes, that sort of behavior would be in a sense wrong because it's fraudulent

> the hypotheticl situation of vapid people with no interest in art or culture pretending they have such interests
Sounds like OP to me

Nah. Anecdotal evidence but based on my experience the people that shit on other people having friends, taking pictures and going places in real life are the ones that are usually ugly, overweight and cant find a girlfriend.

They shit on people for not autistically looking at art the way they do due to a need to assert some sort of superiority in their own little lonely world.

Let's say that you are right. That everyone who thinks you should appreciate art instead of going to museums to post selfies on social media is a loser. That they need to assert superiority in some way.

That still doesn't make their argument wrong.

Glad to know that only losers care about the role of art in society

But dude he called you a fat loser lol

Lol. Thats not even what I said.
Lets be honest here. There are people out there with friends and boyfriends/girlfriends and still appreciate art and beauty. A lot of them CREATE art aswell. OP is just a bitter loser mad that other people seem to be having fun while he autistically looks at paintings and listens to Beethoven in his moms basement.

>There are people out there with friends and boyfriends/girlfriends and still appreciate art and beauty

And that's not the kind of people he is criticizing.

Only losers are autistic enough to wear it like a badge of honour on an anonymous imageboard, that's for sure

Right. But my argument is that OP is as bad as the 'vapid' people he criticizes.

No, it seems like OP is troubled by the fact so few people seem to have any interest in the arts and live their lives like animals moving from one sensation to the next. This is a fairly common criticism of modern society and hardly one confined to “basement losers”. But don’t let me interrupt your preconceived narrative.

>"hurr durr ur ugly"
>"hurr durr gf"
this type of train-of-thought/argument babble is the hallmark of someone with only basic thought processes mentioned earlier

>& Humanities

>dude criticizing X is as bad as being X

if only we had that attitude towards various natives instead of laughing at them

Right sorry. Why dont you show me how a superior intellectual gentleman should appreciate art?

I'm going to Hannover with my friend's and university colleagues this christmas and im afraid I wont have the proper superior mindset to appreciate the history and beauty of the place.

>can’t discuss humanities issues on a humanities imageboard

>"muh friends!"
>"muh university!"
top jej

You could try actually visiting some museums instead of taking a picture on your way to the club

I'm with you, this should not be difficult for anyone to understand.

Brainlet

>people who go to bars and travel to Mexico can't possibly like classical music or art

This is what bitter loners actually tell themselves

I don't know, seems to me OP is butthurt his colleagues don't bow down before his glory of listening to classical music and other classic pseud bullshit
This isn't humanities you stupid cunt, it's a fucking circlejerk for pretentious pseuds to get off over how they totally aren't shallow pieces of shit because "oh hey I go to art galleries"

With that mindset The Greeks didn’t even think you were people FYI

Well, the people he is speaking about don't.

>This isn't humanities
Of course this is humanities.

>Of course this is humanities
Well, it is a shit frogposter thread with absolutely no substance, so I can't argue with that

Look guys, I know you're proud of your fascination with high art and your social isolation, but the simple fact is saying "people who go out to bars and vacation in Mexico aren't happy" is a stupid statement. It's ironically anti-intellectual and small minded.