Why do so many different cultures have beliefs of ancient man-eating giants?

Why do so many different cultures have beliefs of ancient man-eating giants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zz8_MxcnzY
youtube.com/watch?v=1o0w7bBsM4I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Cieza_de_León
archive.org/details/travelsofpedrode33ciez
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiquarian
psychohistory.com/books/the-origins-of-war-in-child-abuse/chapter-7-child-abuse-homicide-and-raids-in-tribes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychohistory
cbc.ca/news/technology/denisovans-molars-1.3318432
siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/f0100-stone-bracelet-is-oldest-ever-found-in-the-world/
archaeology.org/news/3270-150507-siberia-denisovan-bracelet
youtube.com/watch?v=qzMMTr9rDf4&spfreload=1
youtube.com/watch?v=AYpe-aGY9Eg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Míl_Espáine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BECAUSE THERE WERE ANTHROPOPHAGOUS GIANTS THAT ROAMED EARTH IN ANTIQUITY, AND IN MEDIEVAL TIMES...

IT IS THE SAME WITH DRAGON, AND OTHER BEASTS; SOME INDIVIDUALS ASK QUESTIONS LIKE YOURS, REGARDING THESE BEASTS, AND THE ANSWER IS SELFEVIDENT: BECAUSE THESE WERE REAL CREATURES.

Ray you've done it again

Because it's a horrifying idea, but not a difficult one to come up with. Cannibals and wild predators exist, there are stories about giants, why not combine the two?

they represent overwhelming power that is sent to inflict suffering upon your family. Which happens in every war, and they metaphored this as their enemies killing their family because they are twisted creatures without the honorable traits of humans. Though, it depends on the piece why the loser got eaten, the theme of -inhuman- remains prevalent in tragic pieces. As well as the -inhuman- like invaders being more powerful.

because in the time many people were cannibals because human flesh taste fuckin good then they created stories so when body remains were found nobody freak out & just think "that's these mofos man-eating giants again"

Perhaps the giants are symbolic of the barbarity and destructiveness of early, uncivilized man.

Cannibal tribes are scary

GIANT cannibal tribes are horrifying

t. Brainwashed automata

The tripfag is the only sane one here

Why do so many different cultures have beliefs of ancient fire-breathing flying lizards?

While we're on the topic can any anthropology boys point out some interesting instances of "folk memory" to me? I've heard shit about certain Siberian tribes talking about big furry boars which may be a corruption of old stories about mammoths and shit

seems cool

The tribes of Siberia still remember the Tunguska event as a God landing on earth

A certain tribe in Central Africa recalls wars with iron men dressed in red cloaks

The Inuit still have tales of the Norse invaders

Because people had shorter lives, and died when younger.

And more successful tribes would live longer as well has be more successful at feeding themselves and thus grow taller.

[turns volume down]
>because there were anthropophagous giants that roamed earth in antiquity, and in medieval times...
Yes, not because everyone experienced it directly, as everyone was a child surrounded by adults at one point or another, and there were always occasional "big guys" (for you).

>it is the same with dragon
...and not because we call any giant beast to be slain by a hero a dragon, even when the mythological critters in question don't look anything like one another and have no consistency in shape, number of legs, size, habits, wings, etc.

Obviously flood mythos.

Also, surprisingly tower of babyl is transantlantic.
South American tribes have a tower story.

They're likely related.
>god floods earth
>man builds tower taller than the flood to escape the judgement of god

>The tribes of Siberia still remember the Tunguska event as a God landing on earth
It occurred in 1908

>The tribes of Siberia still remember the Tunguska event as a God landing on earth
Eh, I'd be interested in reading on that. The only eye witness descriptions I can find from tribes up there were from a fairly modern viewpoint. (This happened in 1908, after all, those tribes were pretty civilized.)

The most "primitive" description I can find was from a tribal child:
>We had a hut by the river with my brother Chekaren. We were sleeping. Suddenly we both woke up at the same time. Somebody shoved us. We heard whistling and felt strong wind. Chekaren said, 'Can you hear all those birds flying overhead?' We were both in the hut, couldn't see what was going on outside. Suddenly, I got shoved again, this time so hard I fell into the fire. I got scared. Chekaren got scared too. We started crying out for father, mother, brother, but no one answered. There was noise beyond the hut, we could hear trees falling down. Chekaren and I got out of our sleeping bags and wanted to run out, but then the thunder struck. This was the first thunder. The Earth began to move and rock, the wind hit our hut and knocked it over. My body was pushed down by sticks, but my head was in the clear. Then I saw a wonder: trees were falling, the branches were on fire, it became mighty bright, how can I say this, as if there was a second sun, my eyes were hurting, I even closed them. It was like what the Russians call lightning. And immediately there was a loud thunderclap. This was the second thunder. The morning was sunny, there were no clouds, our Sun was shining brightly as usual, and suddenly there came a second one!

Meanwhile, the Sibir newspaper initially reported it as an artillery barrage.

>wars with iron men dressed in red cloaks

Tower of Babel kinda had the opposite purpose.

Not that I wouldn't expect nearly every culture to have tales of insane towers and insane floods, giants, and dream of their teeth falling out. ...and build pyramids, and discover pi and phi and the fibonacci sequence the golden ratio and work that all into their art work, build monuments to the seasons and to the brightest stars. Though I'm a bit surprised more don't have tales of all the world being populated from a single mother and father, as it seems an obvious go to.

Now if they all had tales of giant metal cubes landing and metal squids coming out and kidnapping their pregnant women, only to have them returned and give birth to their leaders, or some such, that might raise some red flags.

>A certain tribe in Central Africa recalls wars with iron men dressed in red cloaks
More like that - except, well, everywhere.

Though there are a lot of mythologies that sound suspiciously like space battles between groups of aliens. The Bhagavadgita is just begging for a sci-fi adaptation (actually, I think it's been done).

gonna need more on those iron men
(googling iron men and red just doesnt work)

Because there were ancient man-eating giants

They combine our major fears as humans and prey mammals paws of a feline-canine, eyes and skin and mouth of snakes, wings of huge predator birds and fire as in just fire.

what do you think of terry smith?

they are the male pendant of female fertility gods

you find them everywhere because they are a manifestation of human psyche, which we can all relate to

When you are a young kid, wether you are a boy or a girl, adult men are huge,unbelievably strong and hard, and awe-inspiring. Yet they are scary and aloo and women are re-assuring, gentler and more attentionate, providing both in warmth and reassurance

the giant is the male outside world. Hard and frightening, where power happens, you submit others or they submit you. It's as demanding as it is rewarding.
the fertility goddess is the comfort and reassurance of home, litteral and figurative shelter. It is the strenght that gives without demand. Validation and reassurance. emands are low, so are the payoffs.

Maybe because we have a sort of 'social memory'. In the early beginin when the humans became humans there were a lot of ancient animals like gigantopitecus, that were a sort of ape very big, so maybe the first humana saw this and through time and generations they become to believe that these things were actually furry giants who ate humans , the same as the unicorn which was a kind of ancient rino very thin. Google it of you don't believe me

I didn't know baby hippos were so cute

>ancient man-eating giants
>implying those are just beliefs

>syphonophores are probably tens of thousands of years old
>can measure up to 20 meters lenght
>their tentacles hanging down can catch a pray up to 2 meters in size

Obviously Roman legion got lost trying to find the Phoenician colony in Brazil

Imagine living in medieval times and finding the remains of a dinosaur.
I bet it must've happened sometime, and I was thinking that it might explain how people came up with some mythical animals, like dragons.
But hey, that's just a theory.

But those same dinosaur remains would have been literally almost like they are today. That's a whole lot of medieval-to-2017's we can fit between now and the extinction of dinosaurs.

The more likely explanation is they're taken from representations from lizard creatures.

In Africa there are areas where people hunt down pygmies and eat them, believing that they will gain magic powers.

My friends, what if we are all descended from pygmies fleeing the cannibal lanklets?

Symbolism, just like dragons and other mythical man eating predators. Primordial animalistic fear.

>Why do so many different cultures have beliefs of ancient man-eating giants?
ask this goy. according to him, its a (((smithsonian))) coverup at the highest levels
youtube.com/watch?v=1o0w7bBsM4I

Œdipal fear of being eaten by ones father

Because cannibalism existed (well, it still exists, but it was widespread in human history) and some tribes were bigger than others (some were manlets and some were over seven feet tall).

Imagine some tribe of 5 foot neolithic farmers encountering a tribe of 7 foot warlike hunter nomads (Ice Age holdovers or something) who then slaughter them and eat them. Any survivors' stories would surely tell of "man eating giants", especially after the embellishments of hundreds of years of retelling around the campfire.

Why is it common and widespread? Because those "giants" were normal in the Ice Age, but have been out-competed since the Holocene and birth of the neolithic.

Also, consider the size of Denisovans in comparison with Homo Sapiens. More recent humans with heavy Denisovan admixture could also have been of a massive size.

Denisovan tooth.

Corrupted memories of pre-ice age Eldian Empire.

For a more contemporary, tangible example, consider the Polynesians. Polynesians and Maoris are well known to generally be very big, both tall and sturdy, and were also known to often be warlike and practice cannibalism. Their ancestors were also known to have reached South America, and as it is there are tales of man eating giants from Peru, which tell of the giants arriving by boat. It's not hard to imagine a band of Polynesian warriors/pirates to be remembered as man eating giants in Peruvian legend.

Such scenarios have probably played out countless time throughout human history.

Followup question then, why are lanklets so prone to cannibalism?

On giants in Peru:
"There are, however, reports concerning giants in Peru, who landed on the coast at the point of Santa Elena, within the jurisdiction of this city of Puerto Viejo, which require notice. I will relate what I have been told, without paying attention to the various versions of the story current among the vulgar, who always exaggerate everything. The natives relate the following tradition, which had been received from their ancestors from very remote times. There arrived on the coast, in boats made of reeds, as big as large ships, a party of men of such size that, from the knee downwards, their height was as great as the entire height of an ordinary man, though he might be of good stature. Their limbs were all in proportion to the deformed size of their bodies, and it was a monstrous thing to see their heads, with hair reaching to the shoulders. Their eyes were as large as small plates. They had no beards, and were dressed in the skins of animals, others only in the dress which nature gave them, and they had no women with them. When they arrived at this point, they made a sort of village, and even now the sites of their houses are pointed out. But as they found no water, in order to remedy the want, they made some very deep wells, works which are truly worthy of remembrance; for such are their magnitude, that they certainly must have been executed by very strong men. They dug these wells in the living rock until they met with water, arid then they lined them with masonry from top to bottom in such sort that they will endure for many ages. The water in these wells is very good and wholesome, and always so cold that it is very pleasant to drink it. Having built their village, and made their wells or cisterns where they could drink, these great men, or giants, consumed all the provisions they could lay their hands upon in the surrounding country ; insomuch that one of them ate more meat than fifty of the natives of the country could." [1/2]

"...As all the food they could find was not sufficient to sustain them, they killed many fish in the sea with nets and other gear. They were detested by the natives, because in using their women they killed them, and the men also in another way. But the Indians were not sufficiently numerous to destroy this new people who had come to occupy their lands. They made great leagues against them, but met with no success. (The next sentence is unfit for translation.') All the natives declare that God our Lord brought upon them a punishment in proportion to the enormity of their offence. While they were all together, engaged in their accursed ... a fearful and terrible fire came down from heaven with a great noise, out of the midst of which there issued a shining angel with a glittering sword, with which, at one blow, they were all killed, and the fire consumed them. There only remained a few bones and skulls, which God allowed to remain without being consumed by the fire, as a memorial of this punisnment. This is what they say concerning these giants, and we believe the account because in this neighbourhood they have found, and still find, enormous bones. I have heard from Spaniards who have seen part of a double tooth, that they judged the whole tooth would have weighed more than half a butcher's poimd. They also had seen another piece of a shin bone, and it was marvellous to relate how large it was. These men are witnesses to the story, and the site of the village may be seen, as well as the wells and cisterns made by the giants. I am unable to say from what direction they came, because I do not know. In this year 1550, 1, being in the City of the Kings, heard that, when the most ilkistrions Don Antonio de Mendoza was viceroy and governor of New Spain, they found certain bones of men who must have been even larger than tlieso giants..." [2/3 ackshually]

"... I have also heard that previously they discovered, in a most ancient tomb in the city of Mexico, or in some other part of that kingdom, certain bones of giants. From all this we may gather that, as so many persons saw and affirmed these things, these giants really did exist."
- Pedro Cieza de León
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Cieza_de_León
archive.org/details/travelsofpedrode33ciez

For the gains. It's the only way for them to get any muscle on their snake like limbs.

You should see what the Mormons have to say on the matter. It's a shame American protestants expanding westward destroyed most of the supposed evidence by digging up the graves and discredited the rest by peddling frauds.

Many of them wrote detailed accounts stating what they found, but the excavations were the furthest thing from professional.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah
An egregious example, monthly reminder that they reburied Kennewick man in an undisclosed location Febuary 2017. Decomposing atm.

Because giants really did exist in ancient times. I bet there were some sexy female giants too.

Even Lincoln reference the giants in a speech of his. they seems to have been a well known in America in the past.

Difficult to tell reality from legend or fraud, unfortunately.

... though I add that legend may be rooted in real experience, but embellished over time.

Vorefags

reddit social anthropologists detected

this is not impossible

Reminder that if you're northern European you are descended from the race of giants and by global standards likely still are a giant... even if we're not cannibals any more.

>But still there is more. It calls up the indefinite past. When Columbus first sought this continent---when Christ suffered on the cross---when Moses led Israel through the Red-Sea---nay, even, when Adam first came from the hand of his Maker---then as now, Niagara was roaring here. The eyes of that species of extinct giants, whose bones fill the mounds of America, have gazed on Niagara, as ours do now. Co[n]temporary with the whole race of men, and older than the first man, Niagara is strong, and fresh to-day as ten thousand years ago. The Mammoth and Mastadon---now so long dead, that fragments of their monstrous bones, alone testify, that they ever lived, have gazed on Niagara. In that long---long time, never still for a single moment. Never dried, never froze, never slept, never rested,

He's talking about the mammoths, duh. Lincoln couldn't have possibly believed anything like this, r-right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiquarian

Not impossible at all. Shit, considering the way Romans exaggerated the size of the Celts/Germans, of those "barbarians" had been savage cannibals as well imagine how the stories might have gone.

Lol I just saw the quote without context, thanks for providing me with a better excerpt.

However, I'm pretty sure the stories of giant men being found in the ancient burial mounds of the Indians did exist, whether true or not.

Well if you're Northern European you're probably descended from the cannibal lanklets as well.

But I think you're onto something.

>The Bhagavadgita is just begging for a sci-fi adaptation (actually, I think it's been done).
>Krishna is fucking Groot

DELET THIS IMMEDIATELY
Being a distant, aloof ayy lmao entity completely defeats the purpose of the avatar, too. What a terrible idea.

really makes me think he believed it desu.

>the Roman were full of shit about the Celts and Germans
>if only they had been right

>legends and myth are not social constructs
>every culture all around the world has giants myths/folklore
>must be because they all came in contact with tall cannibals
>all, everywhere
>individual psyche influencing collective rationalizations and cultures is bullshit

9gag pop historian spotted

They feared the neanderthal warrior

Nephilim

What part of the post you responded to makes you think the year it occurred is relevant?

This shit ain't mutually exclusive. Not every tribe needs to have had the experience for the stories to spread... folklore becomes legend become mythology becomes "collective unconsciousness" and "archetypical" and what have you.

The things is such experiences must have been widespread, as well... we tend to look from the perspective of the small people, but remember the giants might as well have just been normal in the Ice Age, while manlet neolithic farmers or rainforest hunters weren't common back then. Now they are (or rather, during the Holocene they have been, until the modern age). Cultural "memories" of giants isn't just remembering ancient enemies, but our ancient ancestors.

They weren't full of shit, but they exaggerated for sure. In any case, the fact they talked of them almost as if they were giants (at least on occasion) is telling, as judging by skeletons, Germanic tribesmen were about 20cm taller than Romans, and yet the average of 1.70m or so is shorter the average modern European! Perspective makes a big difference in perception... and certainly there have been people taller than ancient Germans who have encountered people shorter than ancient Romans.

>The things is such experiences must have been widespread, as well... we tend to look from the perspective of the small people, but remember the giants might as well have just been normal in the Ice Age, while manlet neolithic farmers or rainforest hunters weren't common back then

what the hell?
we know for a fact homo sapiens and neanderthal where the 2 human species present in the Ice Age, and that they had contact. "we"were the tall ones, and there are no stories of ape-like small men/monsters.

So these people we know where there and known about by our ancestors vanished in the folklore.

But these giants which populate stories are nowhere to be found. If your folklore-meets-encounter scenario were true the tales would be of short men, we are the giants, our cultural link to homo sapiens being more direct and stronger than to that of Neanderthal

Neanderthals weren't especially tall, despite being broad and strong (though Middle Eastern Neanderthals were taller). Homo sapiens were more gracile, but not especially tall either. However, Cro-Magnons (homo sapiens after having interbred with Neanderthals and adapted to the cold of northern Eurasia) were quite tall. And though we know little about them, judging by what remains of them, Denisovans were absolutely MASSIVE. We know humans interbred with Denisovans, as well, and while modern humans with Denisovan admixture aren't so big (Australoids and some Native Americans... though perhaps Patagonians had Denisovan admixture?), most of them also live in a tropical climate and eat starchy diets. Fed on mammoth flesh at the height of the Ice Age, Denisovan admixed homo sapiens could have been remarkably large as well. Interestingly, modern humans with more Denisovan admixture have also been those among whom cannibalism has been most widely recorded.

We know that since the Palaeolithic humans all across the world have, on average, declined in height, the last 200 odd years notwithstanding. This isn't surprising, as most of the big game we relied on is gone, and humans have had less to eat and a larger proportion of plant foods than our Ice Age ancestors, even hunter gatherers. Even in the Holocene/since the neolithic, those with abundant animal foods have been larger.

Perhaps the renowned cannibalism of the giants of folklore was due to the disappearance of other large game?

>"we"were the tall ones, and there are no stories of ape-like small men/monsters.

What about fairies, dwarves, elves, gnomes? Also, don't assume they should be "ape-like". Neanderthals were large brained and intelligent.

"If your folklore-meets-encounter scenario were true the tales would be of short men, we are the giants, our cultural link to homo sapiens being more direct and stronger than to that of Neanderthal"

There are tales of short men.

We aren't just descended from one group "homo sapiens", rather there was plenty of variety among homo sapiens, and since the Holocene and the warming of the climate+death of megafauna homo sapiens has been getting smaller and smaller (generally speaking). However not all humans have changed at the same rate, and some kept both "Ice Age" lifestyle and stature for much longer than others. In some cases, humans found new ways to support such size, such as animal husbandry and milk drinking which led also to very larger modern humans where the grass was lush enough to support it.

>And though we know little about them, judging by what remains of them, Denisovans were absolutely MASSIVE

Broader, but so are neanderthals who were also shorter. Theres no evidence denisovans were tall.

Nothing certain, be we can make a reasonable assumption that they were not only more robust but likely tall as well.

You might be right, anyhow. We can only judge by a tooth and a juvenile finger bone, after all.

>we can make a reasonable assumption that they were not only more robust but likely tall as well.

Based on what?

Could it be derived from primitive cannibalism? Like fathers and mothers eating their children in case of scarce food

The fact the tooth is fucking massive.

>tooth is big
>resembling big neanderthal teeth
>neanderthal were shorter than even their contemporaneous humans

I have no idea why you feel justified assuming a big tooth means they were big

"The custom of raping Aboriginal children, eating “every second child” and making the older children also eat them is termed “a quite favorable picture” by Roheim.96 Mothers regularly forced their children to eat their newborn siblings “in the belief that the strength of the first child would be doubled by such a procedure.”97 Sometimes the fetus would be “pulled out by the head, roasted and eaten by the mother and the children” and sometimes “a big boy would be killed by the father by being beaten on the head” and given to the mother to eat.98 Since most newborns in the Pacific area, from Hawaii to Tahiti, were murdered by their mothers,99 and since their siblings were forced to participate in the killings, all adults had Killer Mother alters implanted in their amygdalan fear networks which they were compelled to reenact. Hippler says Australian children “attacked infants unceasingly” while “the mother rarely intervenes…Children’s attacks become so common that one often hears adults saying ‘Don’t kill the baby.’ But no one interferes and the child is increasingly made subject to violence and stress.”100 He also says “children are abused by their mother and others…routinely brutally…jerked roughly, slapped or shaken…verbally abusive using epithets such as ‘you shit’ [frightened by] a dangerous world full of demons, though in reality the real dangers are from his caretakers…children are terrified to leave the presence of their mothers.”101 Fusion with the Killer Mother is guaranteed by all these practices, plus the mother’s choking the infant with her milk during nursing, the constant masturbation by mother of her children’s penis and vagina while she lies on top of them, twisting and pinching them as we saw was the practice in New Guinea."
psychohistory.com/books/the-origins-of-war-in-child-abuse/chapter-7-child-abuse-homicide-and-raids-in-tribes/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychohistory

Maybe some dude was just trying to share his fetish and didn't realize how scary it sounded to everyone else?

"The Denisovans had very large, unusual teeth unlike those of humans or Neanderthals, reports an international team from Germany, Canada and Russia."
cbc.ca/news/technology/denisovans-molars-1.3318432

And if you think the massive teeth (compared to both Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals) means they were just apelike brutes...

>"'The bracelet is stunning - in bright sunlight it reflects the sun rays, at night by the fire it casts a deep shade of green,' said Anatoly Derevyanko, Director of the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography in Novosibirsk, part of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences....
>What made the discovery especially striking was that the manufacturing technology is more common to a much later period, such as the Neolithic era. Indeed, it is not clear yet how the Denisovans could have made the bracelet with such skill...
>Writing in the Novosibirsk magazine, Science First Hand, Dr Derevyanko said: 'There were found two fragments of the bracelet of a width of 2.7cm and a thickness of 0.9 cm. The estimated diameter of the find was 7cm. Near one of the cracks was a drilled hole with a diameter of about 0.8 cm. Studying them, scientists found out that the speed of rotation of the drill was rather high, fluctuations minimal, and that was there was applied drilling with an implement - technology that is common for more recent times...
>The ancient master was skilled in techniques previously considered not characteristic for the Palaeolithic era, such as drilling with an implement, boring tool type rasp, grinding and polishing with a leather and skins of varying degrees of tanning.'"

siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/f0100-stone-bracelet-is-oldest-ever-found-in-the-world/

archaeology.org/news/3270-150507-siberia-denisovan-bracelet

he practices an ancient occult talmudic lesser magic quite openly. watch how he olds his hands, often touching the thumb and forefinger or index finger together in an obtuse way.

now watch this fat sephardic fucker, who does the same thing:
youtube.com/watch?v=qzMMTr9rDf4&spfreload=1

finally, watch this eight year old tranny 'girl', who pushes lgbtq/sex with children/nwo agenda, who does the same hand movement:
youtube.com/watch?v=AYpe-aGY9Eg

how long have we been asleep? they live, we sleep. how long have these heebs been whipping hand charms on us? is there any way to defeat these satanic merchants?

Also Neanderthals weren't short compared to Homo Sapiens, but compared to Cro-Magnons (Neanderthal admixed Homo Sapiens) and some modern European groups among others.

Neanderthal Height
Male: 1.6 – 1.7 m
Female: 1.5 – 1.6 m

>Cro-Magnons were anatomically modern, straight limbed and tall compared to the contemporaneous Neanderthals. They are thought to have stood on average 176.2 cm tall.

>Modern humans now have an average height of about 160 centimetres in females and 175 centimetres in males."

>In Tibet, the khampas are known for their great height. Khampa males are on average 180 cm tall (5 ft 11 in).
>The people of the Dinaric Alps mainly South Slavs (Montenegro and East Herzegovina) are on record as being the tallest in the world, with a male average height of 185.6 cm and female average height of 170.9 cm.
>The Nilotic peoples of Sudan such as the Shilluk and Dinka have been described as some of the tallest in the world. Dinka Ruweng males investigated by Roberts in 1953–54 were on average 181.3 centimetres tall, and Shilluk males averaged 182.6 centimetres. The Nilotic people are characterized as having long legs, narrow bodies and short trunks, an adaptation to hot weather. However, male Dinka and Shilluk refugees measured in 1995 in Southwestern Ethiopia were on average only 176.4 cm and 172.6 cm tall.

Middle Eastern Neanderthals could be tall:
>With an estimated height of 1.78 m, Amud 1 is considerably taller than any other known Neanderthal, and its skull has by far the largest cranial capacity (1736-1740cm3) of any archaic hominin skull ever found.

Neolithic revolution:
>Average height went down from 178 cm for men and 168 cm for women to 165 cm and 155 cm, respectively, and it took until the twentieth century for average human height to come back to the pre-Neolithic Revolution levels.

Pic related is just a reconstruction based on tooth size, how the skull actually looked we don't know.

rip

This is actually a picture of Cronos or Saturn eating his children like he did in the Ancient Greek stories of how Zeus came to power.

Whoa very interesting. Thank you this is the evidence I was looking for. You have any source on that skull projection?

WHY ARE YOU YELLING???

They probably found some really huge ass lizard fossils

I remember him stating that writing in caps was the most ethical way
truly the hero we need, but don't deserve

t. diner

it hurts to be so right, always

>tfw the little people are actually real and walk among us, just out of sight
mischievous bastards

What are you talking about, manlets and Chinese are everywhere bro.

>I AM SILLY

>Virtually all the histories, and myths, of cultures around the world tell of common creatures, and events, and how these came about. What could possibly be the cause of this?

Jeez, I wonder...

it's the socially constructed collective unconsciousness, duh.

Or, you know, reality.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Míl_Espáine

>myths are reality
some knowledge is lost