Algo forex strategies thread

Thread for sharing tips on algorithm-based trading strategies.

For the last few months I've been running a 1h bot which found entry positions based on all of these at once:
> Bollinger bands and keltner find squeezes. Bollinger within Keltner = don't trade.
> Ema 100 and Ema 200 to determine the trend - if shorter is above longer, then market is bullish.
> Stochastic - enter trade after stochastic crossed from below 20 to the 'normal' position but not if it went through the middle (it means that we're already too late to reap any profits).
> Candle had to close below lower bollinger and then go back above it.

It generated me between 2-5% of profits weekly, trading about 20 assets, which I think wasn't too shabby, however when I started taking stuff out of the strategy what I found out was that... Strategy based on stochastic alone, while it was more erroneous, gave me much higher profits in the long run (needs more testing, though).

What I took out of it is that simple strategies seems to give you better profits, even if they're not exactly as 'safe' as strategies which take more stuff into account.

Feel free to use the strategy I described above.

What is Veeky Forums making their profits on?

FAPcoin

really cheap atm on etherdelta, going on CMC then coinexchange + liqui.io expect it to hit $1

Oh well, since no one wants to chime in, I'll try describing my current strategy.

It uses three indicators:
> McGinley dynamic
> MACD
> Balance of power

Basically, the bot goes through candles and determines whether:
> Balance of power is above 0
> MACD is above 0
> Candle closes above McGinley

And then enters. It stops when exactly the opposite happens.

At this moment, with proper losses control (stop at 0.5x of max profits if max profits are bigger than 0.10%) it has 90% accuracy, which some might consider to be a Holy Grail. So it's worth checking out. That being said, I still didn't test it in the long run.

using cci to determine trend on 4h chart, then rsi 26 period and 2 period for buy-ins

not algoing it tho, but it would be interesting to do so

Interesting, on what time frame do you usually trade?

>indicators

I'm too lazy to do this but I always thought that making a program where the hourly, 30 minute, and 5 minute candles were below 20, to enter a position. Sell it off once it reaches 20 on the 30 minute chart which would be over 80 on the 5 minute chart.

4h, so i try to swing trade them, move SL and such

What period do you use McGinley dynamic? 12?

14 currently.

Works on 1h and 4h, lower time frames provide too much noise.

I'd agree that for manual day trading you should rely on support and resistance levels and price action. That being said, good luck having that programmed into a bot.

>It generated me between 2-5% of profits weekly

Kek. I make 200 % per week with crypto

Op I know of a technique that lets you search for the optimal indicator constellations.

Why are you sharing your ideas tho? I piss my pants everytime I talk about it because muh ideas.

Because why not? It's free money, I'm not losing anything, and not that many people attend this board to be honest.

what language is your bot written in? I started with python but it became messy fast, it was much cleaner using C#

I have it running on an VPS with Node. I know some people are not huge fans of JS, but I find it to be the quickest language to write in since there's very little stuff to care about when it comes to paradigm - you just write. The code is going to be as clean as you want it, or as dirty as you want it and it's going to work either way.

OP do you know anything about gunbot

Whats the advantage of your approach?

My setup,as currently planned, is a 3-layered approach. The first layer captures all data from the exchanges and translate them into a uniform interface (C#). The second layer finds all "trades" (C#) and the third layer is a glassfish server with Vaadin (java) to display all the data and work with the bot in a nice way (nice gfx, remote access).

Not really, I don't see a challenge in using an existing bot to be honest. When I was starting I used Gecko but it was... well, not perfect.

Forex Earth has been delivering 1% a day.

Well I just process all the candles and output them as JSON and let the bot analyse what's going on. The charts are just drawn based on the JSON data. It all happens within 2 functions. Node acts both as a processor and server which returns the JSON.

I also have a separate program which controls losses to my taste, so I don't have to implement it every single time I write a new bot.

How do you access it remotely? How do you plot the results?

btw if you don't use an AI your bot isn't running on optimal efficiency

Node operates on variables stored in an JSON object. The same object is returned when server is accessed from the outside via http, there's not much more to it.

Where do you got your TA skills form?

About 6 months of learning, mostly trial and error.

What's "SL" here?

This. Kek.

You serious?
SL = StopLoss.