Islamic tolerance

>Islamic tolerance

Other urls found in this thread:

meforum.org/2767/offensive-jihad
youtube.com/watch?v=vu0zax6EyeY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do liberal pretend that Islam is compatible with their pacifistic and egalitarian worldview? It's a beautiful culture in it's own right, but it's hyper militaristic and patriarchal in every possible way
>The Koran literally promotes the execution of pagans and subjugation of all non-Islamists
>Jizya
>Taqiya
>Offensive Jihad
meforum.org/2767/offensive-jihad

>Christian tolerance
>"If any one of the race of the Saxons hereafter concealed among them shall have wished to hide himself unbaptized, and shall have scorned to come to baptism and shall have wished to remain a pagan, let him be punished by death."
t. Charlemagne

The hope is that they can practice their religion while respecting freedom of religion and a secular government. In America at least this has mostly worked. There are problems, of course, but that's nothing new. Look at something like the Palmer raids, we had difficulties like that integrating the Irish and italians, but we managed.

>>The Koran literally promotes the execution of pagans and subjugation of all non-Islamists

So does the bible

liberals hate islam. Intersectionality is a plague

youtube.com/watch?v=vu0zax6EyeY

It's amazing how Veeky Forums magically becomes pro-German when it comes to a very few historical incidents.

This thread is about Islam.

Nobody has made a point about "Christian tolerance".

>whataboutism

but Christians are non-Islamists :^)

His argument that Islam isn't unique in that regard is entirely valid.

literal whataboutism

>its a "leftist resorts to whatboutism christianity shit the moment the flaws of islam are mentioned" episode

seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

But that's exactly the point. Why is "Islamic tolerance" even a thing when Islam spread almost exclusively through conquest and the only tolerance there was was that "if you shut up and join us we'll let you off for a few decades as we Arabize you" or "oh shit I guess we're like 0.5% of the population, let's pretend we don't despise you so you don't fuck us up while we install Islam"

On the other hand, Christianity spread through pacifist methods and bottom-up until the Romans figured that it was too late to do anything about it anymore. Christian rulers were jerks, of course.

It has only worked in America because current muzzies are ridiculously wealthy and heavily mixed in with the local population, nothing like places in the UK and France.

You're the only one who mentioned "leftists"

Please leave.

>Islamic tolerance

No, early Arab tolerance when they were expanding and forming up an Empire.

They had to be very lenient in order to prevent resistance.

Read into the Muslim rule of the Almoravids or Almohads for example to see what happens when the Christians and Jews stop being a large enough body of population to be feared.

The third ruler of the Almohads proudly stated that he cleansed all the Jews from Granada to Tripoli.

What a fucking meme. Ya'll realize Christianity has an active magisterium? Which is constantly updating the scriputres using old scriptures, in order to satisfy the needs of the modern world? Islam doesn't have that, they don't even have an organised, religious "parliament" so to speak.

>Islam spread almost exclusively through conquest
Most conversions to Islam in the caliphate happened during the Abbasid period which was well after the initial conquest. Islam was also spread to West Africa, Eastern Africa, Indonesia, and Central Asia through mostly trade and general contact.

>which was well after the initial conquest

First off, I don't understand why you think this matters. You can't just say "OKAY WE STOP COUNTING FROM HERE BECAUSE MOHAMMED DIED". Mohammad was a warlord and these were the heirs of his empire. He set a precedent that is followed to these days by the likes of ISIS.

Secondly, the core and cherished areas of Islam will always be the conquered areas in the Middle East. I don't deny that it spread peacefully to other parts of the world, but you're not fooling anybody with that shit.

>muh semantics in the face of my bullshit nonarguments getting called out!

But if both sides are German, wouldn't they also be anti-German?

To be fair, if you are talking about islam, you have to talk about the abrahamic religions that predate them, because of their inherit similarity.

you sound retarded

says the faggot who has an irrational love of islam to the point that not only can he articulate a defense for this xenophilia which contradicts his own left wing ideals, but actually lashes out in anger at those who ask him to explain himself

not him but you are retarded.

not him but you're the retard for thinking islam exists for any other reason than to spread itself and unite people under one ruler, and that everything else isn't a smokescreen.

Not him (for real) but you’re a fucking retard indeed

>First off, I don't understand why you think this matters
It matters because of context. By the time when most people in the caliphate started to convert, the days of conquest were over and had been over for some time. Most who converted under the Abbasids did not do so because there was an angry arab man with a sword at their throat threatening them. The political entity that was the Caliphate was spread through conquest, but Islam itself did not usually spread in tandem with said conquest.
>I don't deny that it spread peacefully to other parts of the world, but you're not fooling anybody with that shit.
Then why did you say that Islam spread "almost exclusively through conquest?" 33% of the world's muslims live in Sub-Saharan Africa, South East Asia, and Central Asia. How is that "almost exclusive" by any stretch of the term?

Im not going to defend Islam but the highest percentage of Muslims are in the far East like Indonesia where the religion wasnt spread by conquest.
Also dont act like Christianity wasnt spread by conquering either. Most major religions are spread by conquers.

>It's a beautiful culture in it's own right

>The political entity that was the Caliphate was spread through conquest, but Islam itself did not usually spread in tandem with said conquest.
What a shitty argument. You're basically saying that Islam didn't spread through conquest because people didn't convert as soon as the Muslim armies set foot in the region. Which is a questionable statement to begin with and very case-dependent.

Nobody claimed that. Islam, its values, its culture, its rulers, its places of worship, etc., spread through conquest. That's what allowed for conversion. Why do you think you can just separate religion and polity like that? It's the middle ages we're talking about. Church and state we're practically one, as Mohammed the Conqueror and Prophet gladly showed us.

One thing remains clear: Without conquest, Islam wouldn't have spread that far.

>How is that "almost exclusive" by any stretch of the term?
In the same sense the British Isles were tiny in the vast British Empire, yet it was the nexus of it.

In the same sense we don't care much about Christian Africa when talking about Christianity.

Imagine Islam without the Middle East. Now imagine Islam without the non-ME parts. Understand the difference? Good.

Sidenote: I really appreciate and am impressed by Islam and what it accomplished from a political perspective. I don't really care if people died and am not trying to do the whole "omg evil religion" thing. But let's be fucking honest.

> are in the far East like Indonesia where the religion wasnt spread by conquest

But it literally was.

The merchant cities converted to Islam and then the political entities that formed from them conquered the surroundign areas...

>In the same sense we don't care much about Christian Africa when talking about Christianity.
also inb4 some smartass points out that Egypt is African as well!

Except for hinduism and buddhism. One thrived while the other spread spread respectively.

>What a shitty argument.
How is this a shitty argument to the idea that it didn't spread by conquest? How can it have spread by conquest when there was no conquest occurring at the time of most of the conversions?
>Which is a questionable statement to begin with.
Only if you haven't actually researched how most conversions to Islam actually happened. Have you read any actual books that cover the history of conversions to Islam and the rate at which it happened and when?
>and very case-dependent.
No shit. When is anything ever not case-dependent. That doesn't mean that patterns don't still form.
>Why do you think you can just separate religion and polity like that?
Because I'm talking about the people that live in the polity. Islam's political power in the areas of the caliphate spread through conquest, but the religion of the populace did not follow suite. If they were one in the same, then they'd act like it. The Umayyads were actually more often against conversions because they believed that Islam was a religion specifically for Arabs.
>One thing remains clear: Without conquest, Islam wouldn't have spread that far.
You can say that about most widely adhered religions. Christianity absolutely benefited from all the conquering the Romans had done, and would not have spread anywhere near as much without it. And that's not even getting into Africa.
>In the same sense the British Isles were tiny in the vast British Empire, yet it was the nexus of it.
How is this comparable to what you said? You said that "Islam was spread almost exclusively through conquest." You didn't say that it was spread through its nexus through conquest, you just made a general statement about the whole thing.
>But let's be fucking honest.
Which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm not muslim, and my opinion on Islam as a religion is pretty much the same as my opinion on every religion. I'm just being historically accurate.

kinda retarded
t. conservative

>Make it easy for muzzies to integrate
>They integrate
>Stuff muzzies in slums with each other and treat them like crap
>they act like fuckheads

Really activates my almonds.