........./'/.../..../..././¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\................\/..../
...........\............... _.·´
.............\.............(
...............\............\

Soviet Union

Russian Tsardom.

Soviet Union went from being shitty 90% peasant society to winning the space race in literally 40 years

Yes, and all for the small price of a toppling a Great Power with near limitless potential, culling and neutering the Russian people and bringing decades upon decades of misery and devastation to countless people on every continent.

>winning the space race
Remind me, which country has their flag on the moon again?

>US and USSR want to make satellites etc for military purposes
>USSR makes satellites first
>US goes to the moon for some reason (???)

this. less jewey than the USSR. dont get me wrong at the top it was still kike city, but they hid their ratlike behawior more than during the victory of the dredel spinners in '17

Poland-Lithuania

>wins the space race
>collapses

Americunts faked the moon landing to collapse the SU.

still better than anything the Russian empire did

Bogd Khan's Mongol Empire would be better than either of those

Lesson of history: it's the same

>only takes some cheaply produced film material shot in a rundown studio somewhere in bumfuck nowhere to collapse the USSR
Man, talk about a papertiger

The Russian Empire never had to build a wall to prevent people from leaving.

ah, that sweet little sputnik in the asscrack of president Eisenhower

top was better if you were upper class
bottom was better if you were lower class

>implying

>Russian empire
>potential

>one is a autocracy where its people suffered from harsh winters, purges, and food shortages
>the other is an autocracy where its people suffered from harsh winters, purges, and food shortages

Russian factory workers made almost the same amount in money as western nations in Petrograd and the Empire was experiencing mass industrialization to the point where it knocked out the British Empire in the cotton trade in Persia and became not only responsible for a third of the world's timber, but also the largest petroleum producer (Some regions experiencing a 6500% increase in petroleum production) in the world until being surpassed by the USA later.

The Empire had been shit for decades. The URSS had way more potential.

>berlin wall
>soviet union
Both were awful places, but I do believe that the Russian empire (god knows how) managed to be worse

Lol, posts like this always make me laugh

If you were a peasant who's only source of income was grain (A majority of peasants basically) then yes you would be having a hard time. The Russian peasant was one of the most heavily burdened by taxes, some had to resort to selling most of the grain they've produced to the market just to pay their taxes.

The moon is literally the only things the americans did first. Who launched the first satellite? First man in space? First space station? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the US

Found the butthurt Tankies, nice job user.

>No arguments
Either address my statements or fuck off. I'll go get my book just for you I guess.

during the 50s USSR almost dominated the world economically. It had a much larger economy than the empire ever achieved.

even if the empire was still around they would fall in the same stagnation the USSR got.

not an argument

>historical empire imposed over modern borders
I fucking hate this more than anything in the world. Kill yourself OP

How autistic are you? Can't you see that these maps also serve a purpose?

My post was more of showing the Empire did have potential in growing unlike user's memeposting statement, I'm not arguing whether it was economically more powerful than the USSR at its peak, rs obviously not going to be due to the recent emancipation of Serfs and the fact Russia still relied on England to get industrial machinery

If you asked anyone around the world during the 50's and 60's who was going to win the cold war, they would have said the soviets. It was only the 70's arms build up and invasion of Afghanistan that ended up bankrupting them

God damnit why's the fucking picture flipped

Both were autocratic shitholes like today's Russia, shows how servile and ant-like the average russian bydlo is.

People did indeed think that, but they were wrong. The belief in Soviet Invincibility was formed by a combination of "red panic" paranoia and the fact that Soviet propaganda did a great job of hiding from both the west and its own people how much of a paper tiger the Soviet economy and society was. This is not to say the Soviet Union was not powerful and a legitimate world superpower, merely that they were overhyped.

I wonder who could be behind this post

not even a question
/pol/ subhumans and mutts out.

>never built

got em'

its fine, they got busy asswhooping Germany, which was a similarly colossal feat.

What would happen if someone tried to keep that as memorabilia?

You do realize the Soviet Union made all these firsts in space was because the US wanted to let a precedent be set before their property began invading what was considered to be sovereign airspace at the time, right? Or that the US was literally using Soviet achievements as proof-of-concept for their own space program, right?

This isn't even a contest.

The Soviet Union literally had global influence while the Russian Empire was usually laughed at as an ass-backwards Empire.

And that's why Eisenhower scrambled to get a satellite up before we were ready and our first televised satellite launch was a failure and a national embarrassment? Wow that's some 4d chess level planning

Kubrick was a genius with far reaching influence, it's not surprising.

Plus all that bakelite gear was aesthetic as fuck

The Soviet Union has burnt all the potential the Russian people had for nonsensical utopian thought and international prestige.

USA
S
A

>There is a diffirence
Russian Empire and Soviet Union suffered the same problems and same mistakes.
If Russian Empire survived it would have done same achievements and same mistakes as Soviets done. Only difference would be that maybe less people would die from shitty gulag system and industrialization would've continued from 1910's instead of restarting in 1927 under Stalin after Civil War and power struggle.

>defeated Napoleon
>ended Ottoman power in the Balkans
The Russian Empire was seen as extremely powerful before the Crimean war.

America did all that by itself and still surpassed the USSR, though.

>everyone that doesn't like communism is /pol/
Wew boy, you're in for a wake up call lmao

>selling to pay tax
>generates even more tax
>thus sell even more grain
And gommies call khulaks evil

>economic development
>not that guys 1905-1917 struggle for balance in Europe or whatever

The one with Finland and Poland.

>Russian Empire was bigger
>USSR had actual fucking reforms

I'm conflicted /pol/.

Reformed Russian Empire turned into a democracy would be better than either

Empire.
Sure, You may not have rights, but at least you have food.
(Am not trying to meme. This is my legitimate response)

just lol at this post. Americans are literally mentally ill

This.

fpbp.

Brighton-beach (((immigrant))) spotted.

>If Russian Empire survived it would have done same achievements and same mistakes as Soviets done.

If babushka had a huj, it would be dedushka.

>devastation to countless people on every continent.

That one is on the US. Making a shithole from a country for profits for the Banana Fruit company is their mods operandi

Which country's engines that country used until recent sanctions on Russia? And otherwise was begging russians to sell their engines because shuttles are a giant pile of shit?

Because leaving was a bit harder than just jump over the fence for an average fucker.
Also, leaving the USSR as runaway was easy, the faggots wanted to attention whore as "fighters against USSR" for the gibs, like those Georgian faggots that hijacked the plane.

>good goy, now sell me grain for cheap and take this (((loan))) or your wooden house may "accidently" catch fire.
>Oy vey, for that (((loan))) you will have to work half of the time
>Oy vey, you couldn't make enough grain because you worked for me? How about a little (((loan)))?

Kulaks deserved everything. And the problems with them were noticed even in Russian Empire.

> Vouch for the country with constant famines because the Hohlocaust is more advertised.

Empire was periodically struck by hunger and famine.

> not riding my cosmic ear

what book? I am interested

>le democracy is good meme
that's where you are wrong

>authoritarian regime is good

Soviet Union, what they lacked in Finland they gained in puppets

>space
>moon
pick 1

That space station was lighter than CM and LEM in LLO and it was pushed on Proton into Leo not the moon.Dirst proper station was Mir not Salyuts

unironically true

>implying liberal democracy would make winters nicer

Well, global warming I guess

Why are you being anti Semitic, the tsar and his ministers were very anti Jewish

It's all the same.

>what is global warming

Without the reds fucking everything up the Russians would have probably reached space decades earlier.

>for some reason

A soviet time capsule mentioned them going to the mars by now and having a moon colony. So you can pretend all you want that you didn't get BTFO but the truth is you did.

Russia 1910-1914 without a doubt

>A crippled, decaying, backwards Empire that could not even feed its own people
vs.
>A nation that became a world superpower, industrial giant, and a scientific powerhouse in about 30 years
Gee, what a tough question.

you are aware that the USSR never produced enough grain to feed it's people right?

>defeated napoleon
WE

This is not even a contest, the USSR may have been a shithole but it was leagues above Tsarist rule, if the revolution did not take place i really doubt there would be any russians left after WW2

You and me don´t lived in both ones, therefore we don´t know.

>Without the reds fucking everything up the Russians would have probably reached space decades earlier.
Without the reds there would be no space program in Russia.

You're aware that the Soviet Union isn't some North Korea tier isolated place, right? That trade happened?

Why? Csar' Nicolas II were wealthy enough for space program.

SSME are the pinnacle of hydrolox technology you retard.Russia used to make great booster kerolox engines but when ir comes to hydrogen they know nearly nothing except energia that flown twice.

US now uses mostly all American engines in falcons or delta rockets and only first stage of AtlasV is using RD180.