The black death was good

>the black death was good

Discuss.

How come Lindy is considered to be such an angloboo? He's just a dude that talks about old weapons to me.

All it did was wipe out a blood type in Europe.

No because it stopped hapsburg dominance
Which was?

Type B

Well we here on Veeky Forums like anything that is universally considered bad so sure why not

>English won the hundred years' war
>napoleon was hitler
>market garden was a sucess
>british ww2 tanks were superior
>brodie helmets were superior
>English accents are superior
>English is the best language
>Normans weren't French
>imperial system is better
>dunkirk was a british victory
>british officers don't duck
>the bren gun was like a full auto sniper rifle
>boer concentration camps were refugee camps

Oh yeah definitely not an angloboo.

>Napoleon was hitler
But they’re both left wing reactionaries?

I really gotta start watching these vids for myself

Because what fucking retard thinks that the Spandau is better than an MG-34? I can forgive almost everything else but this is an atrocity.

>On Bren Video
>He calls MG34/42 "Spandau"
>J U S T

Hey I'm type B and I live in Europe.

It killed that cunt, Terry from across the road. Bastard always mocked me for being a peasant.

Reactionary. Lol

Most of that is irony, over-exaggeration for the purpose of a joke, misinterpretation/representation, personal opinion, and objective fact. Not his fault you're retarded.

>implying this isn't the stance of approximately 50% of medievalists, citing the population loss allowed peasants to demand better wages and more freedoms, leading to a middle class forming

Everything there is what lindy actually believes. He can be entertaining but come on, it's obvious he's very biased.

to a degree, it was good for the survivors
more bargaining power for labor
more free land
admittedly for the people who died it wasn't great but they're dead, so fuck them

>English won the hundred years' war
>napoleon was hitler
>market garden was a sucess
>british ww2 tanks were superior
>brodie helmets were superior
>Normans weren't French
>dunkirk was a british victory
>british officers don't duck
>the bren gun was like a full auto sniper rifle
>boer "concentration camps" were refugee camps
But those are all factually correct

>English accents are superior
>English is the best language
>imperial system is better
And these are subjective, but you cannot deny their success in the modern world. English is, after all, the most widely spoken language in the world, and the Imperial system still stands tall whereas most other local measurements are long dead at the hands of the metric system.
Sounds like the problem is less one of Lindy being an "Angloboo" and more of you being an Anglophobe.

>actually believes

Are you autistic?

I wish the concentration camps were death camps tbqh

Overall the Black Death had a positive effect on humanity as a whole. Less people meant less people to administrate and serve, leading to a surplus of land and the slow but sure dismantling of Feudalism. Its probably a million times more complicated than that but that's my understanding.

>left wing reactionaries
That's like saying an ancap communist.

Racist policies are reactionary even if they're anti-white racist policies

Lad I don't think Nappy was a racist

well it gave western folk a lot of immunities they'd need for claiming the new world right?

That was mostly smallpox. The plague didnt have much to do with it.

trying to categorize things (even political ideas) is reactionary

it's okay to be black.

Stop posting Lindy

t.angloboo

t. Nigel Nigelton, center link goer and tea enthusiast

t. buttmad frogs and Amerimutts

Kickstarted a massive artistic trend full of skellingtons

>kickstarted hot topic

>Anything that harms continentals but spares Anglos is good.
Literally every video.

>boer "concentration camps" were refugee camps
>But those are all factually correct
Yeah, Auschwitz was just helping potential Jewish refugees from Poland and the USSR. At last, I finally see.

>Even comparing these things
It's closer to South Vietnams fortified villages than death camps you brainlet Boer fuck

>actually believes

Are you autistic?

SPANDAU
P
A
N
D
A
U

Europe would never have industrialised without the black death and the western European marriage pattern.

>>market garden was a sucess
But that's a fact

That seems a bit tenuous, since industrialisation happened centuries later.

The change in the marriage pattern lead to permanent higher wages and less population density. It encouraged livestock farming as it was less labour intensive and so lead to higher standards of living and nourishment, all of which encouraged the use of labour saving practices that lead to industrialisation. The higher nourishment and general standard of living also encouraged more skilled labour which majorly contributed to the possibility for industrialisation.

That all seems incredibly minor compared to more immediate causes of industrialisation, such as the scientific revolution. Also it is incredibly tenuous to claim the sole reason for those trends over centuries was the Black Death, it's like claiming Smallpox was responsible for the Moon Landing.

It was one of the necessary conditions for industrialisation to start in western europe, I didn't claim it was the sole reason.

I don't really see how you can claim even that.

>Comparing standard refugee camps to literal death camps
Fucking wew, tell me more about those Boer gas chambers and lampshades made of boer skin

The western european marriage pattern, which sprung directly out of the black death basically just meant that people, especially women got married far later in western europe than in other cultures and had far higher rates of not getting married at all. This led to a decrease in fertility rates and population density, a rise in livestock farming as opposed to tillage farming, rises in wages and human capital. This naturally lead to a far greater incentive for expensive labour saving practices in western europe, as opposed to other regions which had been technologically superior to europe for practically all of history up until this point. This along with other factors such a caused western europe, particularly Britain to be the first to industrialise far ahead of other countries. While it was not the only factor in the birth of industrialisation, it was crucial in affecting the incentive structure that made industrialisation possible.

Sounds like a rather far-fetched hypothesis altogether.
>Indeed, Medieval England saw marriage age as variable depending on economic circumstances, with couples delaying marriage until the early twenties when times were bad and the average age falling to the late teens after the Black Death, when there were labor shortages;[35]
Hmm.

You forgot his believe in the vast superiority of left-hand traffic

>was

t. terminal stage /int/poster

You should probably know that two factors lead to later marriages. You named the first, that being economic and social conditions.The second is intelligence, as more intelligent people marry later in life.

you are missing something important. the black death caused labor shortage in Europe. Suddenly lords were left with their land unattended due to the peasantry dying off. Now these peasants were much more scarce, therefore much more valuable. Some lords began 'poaching' other lords' peasantry by offering better incentives and more freedom. This became particularly present in the backwater shithole of England, where the slightly more pluralistic institutions became very much more pronounced, eventually culminating in the Glorious Revolution, which triggered a massive economic expansion known as the industrial revolution.

>Lad I don't think Nappy was a racist
He restored slavery, m8.

how about starving children to death you limey kike fucks? the english hero complex is so bloated that half the fucking world has been genocided at one point by you people and you still convince yourself you're the hero of the second millenium., same shit that happened in india, Ireland, and everywhere you monsters step foot in.

The marriage pattern was also caused by the lords and the church based on the manor system. There's a lot more that can be said about the Western marriage system (which still exists today) but stopping cousin marriage and the ability to control the transfer of wealth between generations was extremely important.

Yes, but the nobility only started to fade away once pluralism won the battle against Stuartist absolutism. It stopped the abuses and arbitration against the property rights of the commoners in favor of the established elite, therefore incentivizing technological advances and innovations, which further weakened their economic clout, as they could no longer compete.

That's really what it comes down to. The same thing happened after the Thirty Years War, wiping out German overpopulation and paving the way on their road to becoming a European Power and International bad guy.

It helped shaped the growth of the Europe we know, but I doubt anyone dying of it would have felt too comforted.