What's the historical origins of white guilt?

What's the historical origins of white guilt?

Other urls found in this thread:

euobserver.com/institutional/22280)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"White Burden"

original sin

Yes I wonder. . .

All the brutal shit that white people did in the past.

'the noble savage'
Queen Isabella robbing Columbus
Papal condemnation of the spanish conquest's black death

The idea that the west is "more advanced" thanks to colonialism so they think they have to give something back to the "third world" by forcing democracy on them and getting connected to the global trade system (ie world banks that are situated in western countries)

you're welcome

Leftism and its core beliefs like:
Class division
Equality of people by birth
Crime is a result of poverty/mistreatment
People are good by nature

>Class division
>Equality of people by birth
>Crime is a result of poverty/mistreatment
>People are good by nature
Sounds a lot like Christianity.

Everything except the last one is true though.

>Class division
>Crime is a result of poverty/mistreatment
>People are good by nature

>Christianity

No idea.

Yeah, going back to the Gospels, I mean... The idea that it is hard for the rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus consorting with criminals. The idea that no matter who you are, the kingdom of heaven is accessible. Etc.
Not exactly the same, of course, but reminiscent.

Ok but that's different than "crime is a result of poverty/mistreatment" and "people are good by nature."

Leftism is fundamentally a materialistic ideology and so to equate it with Christianity is silly.

>Leftism is fundamentally a materialistic ideology
No it isn't. Marxism is.

Pathological altruism and empathy coupled with economic success make for a very guilty conscience.
Doesn't help that it's more than just occasionally very justified.

>splitting hairs

Not at all. Leftism predates Marxism, and Marxism is only a subset of leftism. Even now various kinds of Christian-leftist parties are a strong presence in European politics.

>(((Christian)))

Seriously, how often do you think Angela Merkel goes to church or reads the Bible?

Americans thinking they are world´s belly. And white.

The ironic thing is that the social justice crowd take just as much of their morality from Christianity as conservative Christians do, they just refuse to acknowledge it because of course the vast majority of them are atheists. The vestiges of Christian morality in Western society is ultimately what led to the whole refugee fiasco in the first place.

I don't know, but she's the daughter of a pastor and she's said stuff like the following: "I underlined my opinion that we need a European identity in the form of a constitutional treaty and I think it should be connected to Christianity and God, as Christianity has forged Europe in a decisive way"
(euobserver.com/institutional/22280)
My guess is that her much-maligned approach to the migrant crisis probably derives at least in part from her Christian faith.

Except the people making the open border policy are predominantly atheist and those policies have never been put to a popular vote anyway.

Really makes you think.

You can be an atheist and still be highly influenced by Christian morality.

You can be but I commie pedos like Hollande or Van Rompuy are not.

>commie pedos like Hollande or Van Rompuy
Wow, I'm sure you're not in the least biased... kek

>he thinks his politics are le rational objective and non-biased

user pls stop being fucking retarded

t. gommie

Stupid leftist idea, like every other leftist idea.

The Gospel specifically says that humans are sinful by nature. And that criminals do what they do through the lustful desire to commit sin for temporary pleasure, not because they were "forced into it."

That sounds an awful lot like mainline Protestantism to me.

It dates back to the original lie of what it means to be white: a tribalist mindset where you co opt accomplishments of foreigners who would consider you a brown subhuman.

Shut up you dirty protestant. Stop trying to justify your exploitation by miscarachterising the bible.

FPBP

>mainline Protestantism
>Christianity

Denazification

>G*rm fanfic
Wow it's fucking nothing

>What's the historical origins of white guilt?

The various European and American crimes. They are in fact quite massive. Studying this can give us a massive sense of guilt. However, this is the wrong view. We can't change the past. We can however, change the present.

As a justification for imperialism, ironically.

All the bad stuff white people did.

>we only learn about our own crimes because it's relevant history to us
>why does it seem like only white people do all the evil shit?

Hmmm.

But other races don't have equivalent guilt for all the brutal shit they've done in the past.

Could it be that white people are just more conscientious?

>crime
isn't crime subjective?
I wouldn't blame someone for killing to save their own life in a lawless world?

Boomers were grown up on nationalism but they wanted to be rebellious so they created the anti-thesis of it

Colonialism/imperialism, followed by a domestic moral reaction, which took up the same racial framework that imperialists used to justify invaded and exploiting random places outside Europe

>Could it be that white people are just more conscientious?
If that were true then why did the brutal shit happen in the first place?
"White" guilt is a product of brutal shit happening without completely erasing the victims and living beside the ones you oppressed for long enough to realize that they are people too.
Non-whites don't feel racial guilt because none of them have really completely shat on a difference race without genociding them or deporting them.
South Africans already feel a form of Black Guilt thinking they shouldn't have chased all the white people away.
>Pathological altruism and empathy
You are mistaken if you think this is inherent to white people and not a product of circumstance. See above.

>South Africans already feel a form of Black Guilt thinking they shouldn't have chased all the white people away.
I would be surprised if it was genuine guilt and not just massive regret from driving off all the skilled people before picking up some of those skills themselves.

Heh

Fpbp.

It's a mirror image of "White man's burden" and it's as hypocritical, retarded and plain bullshit.

"White man's burden" ideology surrounding the colonialism. It just added a layer of hypocrisy towards already brutal methods of enforcing the rule on colonies.

Also we're talking about blatant "in the face" hypocrisy. Similar to the one of the modern "nationalists" who would love to "enslave those niggers again" while whining about the white genocide because they got kicked out from a sexual market makes only things worse.

If there was more honesty and less hypocrisy with the more... brutal aspects of colonization (and not only, many right leaning ideologies quite suffer from that), there would be less "guilt".

>Could it be that white people are just more conscientious?
I think that might be true to some extent, and almost certainly true if we're talking about post-WW2 Europeans. WW2 shocked Europeans into some realizations.
I think another factor is that whites are still on top, so there's literally more reason for guilt because whites are obviously still receiving the benefits that their ancestors won for them through brutality.

A linear understanding of history and societal development. (Which is, of course, retarded)

Are you fucking retarded? CDU is the Conservative party (center right), Merkel is not a leftist ffs. Are Americans really this dumb?

>Are predominantly atheist

I need a source for that

White crimes.

Leftists hate coloured people. They hate blacks most. But they hate themselves most of all. Leftism is an inferiority complex. Leftists over-identify and over-sympathize at least outwardly with coloured people especially blacks and other groups they view as threatening, disgusting and vile because they see these groups as the only people on earth who are bigger losers than they themselves are. Leftists turn the hatred that they feel for the people they see as their inferiors inwardly upon themselves, seeking the annihilation of themselves and their own people. This is why leftists feel a giddy thrill when they hear their own children have been killed by Muslim nail bombs in today's terrorist attack, or why they let black men fuck their wives and daughters while they masturbate. They hate themselves so they pretend to love the people who they hate and who hate them. They really are mentally defective. Luckily leftism is a self-cleaning oven. Any individual or group of people that adopts leftist attitudes will inevitable destroy themselves, so their psychopathology will not persist into the future unless transmitted like a contagion to healthy people. Healthy people are becoming more and more resistant to this strain of ideological HIV though so that's why leftists have been so shrill shrieking for the establishment of totalitarianism lately when before they at least pretended to value freedom and rights. They feel the future slipping from their grip and they desperately want to drag as many people with them down into Hell as they can.

The origin of any 'guilt' is when any person belonging to the group of powerholders in any society starts believing and supporting the sob stories of minorities and so-called oppressed groups.

Talmudic conspiracies

>white guilt

there is no white guilt, there is only colonial power and colonies guilt.
Maybe Germany also with the pranks they pulled in 1938-1945.

The rest of the *white* (I dislike the word I think is oversimplified and created by the stupid British and then reinforced in modern USA) race gives no fucks.

I want to add to this.
White guilt in specially derives from this points in combination with the US what actually has a census for white.
White guilt is non existened here in Germany.
But German guilt if you want to call like this also exists in the views of lestists here.

>there is no white guilt, there is only colonial power and colonies guilt.
This, get your shit straight op.