This Man is the WOAT Roman Emperor, Constantine should have kept Roman Paganism and save the Roman Empire...

This Man is the WOAT Roman Emperor, Constantine should have kept Roman Paganism and save the Roman Empire, but no he had to cuck out to the lame Christians that he should have wiped out, fucking pussy destroyed Rome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b9h5Ul9je8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=D0qaQOXxpZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Constantine let everybdoy worship who they wanted
Its not his fault everybody converted to christianity

he made Christianity the state religion, discriminated against non-christians including jews, created the holy see as we know it today, destroyed/converted pagan temples/sites, and destroyed ancient philosophical texts that mentioned God other than that of christian doctrine.

Yeah but he promoted it heavily and eventually the faggot Theodosius banned Paganism, if I could travel back in time Id kill them both, seriously Rome went to shit after Marcus Aurileus died.

You've managed to list all these things and not a single one of them is accurate. He didn't do any of those things.

Do you even know who Constantine is? Are you thinking of Theodosius?

He literally did none of this
What the fuck are you talking about
What so good about paganism?
The best thing i can think of is temple prostitution
Rime didn't even fall because of the spread of christiantity

I always imagined him looking like that guy from Where Eagles Dare.

>WOAT
Wonderous of all time?

Why is that?

>he made Christianity the state religion

That was Theodosius the Cuck.

>you will never blow the fuck out of pagans so hard that atheists will cry about you endlessly 1700 years later.

>1700 years later.
When the pope washes the feet of african illegals and says that liberal policies of the west is somehow enlightened.

I think you maybe mentally retarded

That user is mostly right.

Constantine really did order pagan temples to be destroyed, prohibited new ones from being built, ban public sacrifice and order anti-Christian texts to be destroyed. By the end of his reign Christianity was the de facto state religion.

>tfw Aurelian didn't live long enough to spread the cult of Sol Invictus.

>Why isn't the pope racist like me?

The weak should fear the strong

best emperor
fucking cuck pagan son or something ruining rome FUCK

>>>r/atheism

>What so good about paganism?

The gods are actually real for one. Judaism is just a terrorist slave revolt - nobody peasants pretending to be somebodies.

youtube.com/watch?v=b9h5Ul9je8Y

CONSTANTINIAN SCUM AT THE END OF MY GUN

>reads gibbon once

Julian was a Constantinian numbnuts

He was a cousin of Constantine, not a descendent like Constantine II, Constans or Constantius II.

Back to licking niggers feet christcuck

Really dude? It’s Thanksgiving go spend some time with your family and spend some time off from shilling your conspiracy theories.

>What's so good about paganism?

Three REALLY big pluses that paganism had going for it were:
- Decentralized enough that figureheads couldn't rise to create schisms in the "religion"
- Princeps almost always had the position of Pontifex Maximus so he could have the "religion" work in tandem with the state. Before someone says that was still the case after Christianity took over, I invite you to read up about the Arians & Nyceans and Ambrose cucking the lifeforce out of Theodoseus.
- Greater social cohesion since Rome didn't have to upend eatablished religious practices in newly acquired territory

It also tied a sense of authority to the princeps since the past emperors were literally Gods. General sense of abandoning traditional Roman values as well for much of the public.

>greater social cohesion from making two groups adopt new gods then one group dropping their idols and thus becoming fully subservient to their new master
>CaesarOPapism isn’t a thing
>implying decentralisation makes strong men

you are uneducated in this matter
what he did you foul-mouth moron
he was called the 13th apostle solely for pushing Christianity as the effective state religion with him as the head of the church

Christianity was doing fine fucking the old religions all on its own. Even Julian's epic LARP session was basically Christianity with Zeus instead of Yahweh because he knew full well that the old religions just weren't cutting it anymore.

Dude was a successful as fuck politician.

I personally think he was a massive scumbag, but I pretty much view every politician as a massive scumbag.

>ban public sacrifice
I'm fairly certain that was his son Constantius II

t. Prod.

>he knew full well that the old religions just weren't cutting it anymore.
That was for romans and greeks

>Really dude? It’s Thanksgiving go spend some time with your family and spend some time off from shilling your conspiracy theories.

It's not a conspiracy theory - 10,000's of years of humans worldwide are wrong and the Jews are right about talking burning bushes and raising from the dead are right and that the universe revolves around Jerusalem is a conspiracy theory.

The gods are real whether you like it or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=D0qaQOXxpZc

You're completely ignorant on Neoplatonic philosophy.

Also, any Christian philosopher who your prod heroes uses to defend Christianity is LARPING as a Neoplatonist.

First of all, that's not what I said. Please read if you're going to reply. Second of all, that's cool and all but Rome wasn't a caesaropapism society and with the radical shifts some Emperors made with religious practices it wouldn't have worked for the version of Christianity around that time as it was so focused on the importance of scripture interpretation.

I wasn't talking about philosophy, I was talking about organization.

But muh gilded bronze

>Religion work in tandem with the state

There is no religion in tandem with the state. Paganism was a set of common rituals and practices which had to be fulfilled. If anything Christianity was easier to work in union with the state as evidenced by the Crusades in later periods.

Please do your homework on the subject by researching the two feuding sides I listed and researching Roman mythology and it's cultural practice of war, societal support, and it's ease of integration with other native beliefs.

The princeps was quite literally the religious head of Rome with the title of Pontifex Maximus. How that power could be weilded was quite well documented. Juilius Caesar opted for that title in his pursuit of power before nearly any major officr because he saw how influential it was. Read a book.