What the fuck do we do about the Bitcoin hard forks coming?

Have any exchanges so far, at all, confirmed that they will support either Bitcoin S2X or Bitcoin Gold?

We're getting 2 forks within a month guys.
What the fuck should be be doing with our Bitcoins for this?

Does anyone here even have a plan?

Have any exchanges even commented on whether they'll be listing the coins yet?

bump

Bump

bump..

hold private keys my man

What if Bitcoin simply crashes a week before the forks but doesn't recover this time?

Are any exchanges even holding any of the forks (BTG and Bitcoin S2X) ?

Ok so nobody gives a fuck. Great.

You people are boiling frogs.

bump

Fuck my Gf what else

No, we just aren't panicky fucks. Take possession of your own private keys instead of hoping some exchange coddles you.

>pls respond

No you dumbass. People will panic sell their Bitcoins and there will be a huge fucking dip like last time.

I'm spreading this here so you people can SELL before it's too late.

ALL IN ON ALTS HERE BOYZZ

WHEN SHOULD I LIQUIDATE MY SHITS FOR EPIC BUTTCOIN AND ETHURUEM GAINZ

The silence is telling - no one here
knows what in the absolute fuck they're doing.

whats a fork?

Buy the dip. It'll come back.

Everyone's out there buying ODN, fucking LINK, ELIX, etc.
They don't actually care about your interests or they'd be talking about this.

Which one?

You think Bitcoin will still be larger than Bitcoin S2X? Really? Why?

pls explain

What do you mean?

Go look up what it is. Bitcoin Gold will have adjustable block sizes but nobody cares. Bitcoin S2x, however, will have double block size and segwit, so it WILL be better than Bitcoin and not have the problems of Bitcoin Cash. It's the next stage of Bitcoin but Coinbase will probably not give out the coins. So the value of Bitcoin itself will plummet.

To be honest im fairly new to cryptos and I know nothing other than that bitcoin is king, and it always comes back. Take my word with lots of salt. Could bitcoin s2x really pose that much of a threat to bitcoin?

Every permutation of Bitcoin has pretty much been created now. And Bitcoin is the least technologically advanced version of it all.

So nobody really fucking knows. But exchanges haven't said a word about listing the other tokens at all, so if Bitcoin hard forks and everyone just switches to one of the other major options, Bitcoin's price will crash.

Yes, it's a real threat. What we could end up with is a market filled with hundreds of cryptocurrencies, even thousands, like the stock market, but with no major "king" like Bitcoin anymore, only a lot of coins.

do you think it would be wise to by the megadip if everyone moves to these forks?

could be a whale strategy to accumulate cheap btc

I don't fucking know. Maybe just buy and hold for 10 years. It's not going to be pretty though.

Put your bitcoins into a wallet before a fork, put them back on and exachange after and get back to trading.

b-but bitcoin is King amarite ???

Why? We've all known better technology exists and has existed for a while now but with hard forks being advertised, it's becoming painfully obvious to normies that Bitcoin is the lowest form of crypto technology out there.

yeah but biggest issue is trust and confidence

nobody outside of traders really trust altcoins, and even them know most are shitcoins only good for making them $

everyone heard of btc so thats where normies will put their $ in on the next cryptoboom, even if there are better alternatives

Get out of alts, hold BTC, be prepared to jump into USDT

pretty fucking simple.

These forks are just as trustworthy as Bitcoin, but with faster, cheaper tech.

That's a problem.

When are these forks expected exactly?

One is the last week of October, this month, and the other is very early November.

normies are having a hard time grasping the btc concept, and now they have to choose among several forks? i think its too much for their brains and theyll choose btc cause its been there since the beggining and having been worth 5000 usd one time and seeing it this cheap will get their panties wet

this is fucking retarded.

how can BTC be called a store of value if this shit is happening.

which fork will be the main fork? its forks of forks of forks. value is printed and multiplied out of thin air.

shitcoins are the future. actual use cases that dont change every couple of months but fail like proper enterprises.

yeah you do that buddy
when everyone JUST experienced a hardfork got literally only got free money, surely the price will go down

There was no "huge" dip or panic selling, and Bitcoin shot up after the fork.
This is no different than some retard making a new coin and airdropping it to Bitcoin holders, forks don't matter

Stop shilling your shitcoin fag

There's nothing to do, other than holding your BTC in your own private wallet. If you know that one chain will dominate and you're confident in your pick, keep that one and sell the others for whatever someone is willing to buy them for. If you aren't sure, keep all of them as a hedge against the others. Pretty fucking simple.

>value is printed and multiplied out of thin air.
It is not "printed out of thin air" you fucking 80 IQ inbred retard. People are betting that one chain will come out the winner and putting their money where their mouth is. There will be winners and there will be losers. Do you even have any idea what's going on?

Not very early

ETA is 23th Nov

July 30

Bitcoin Bitcoin BTC $44,316,019,078

August 06

Bitcoin Bitcoin BTC $53,014,691,482

Bitcoin Cash Bitcoin Cash BCH $3,518,924,036

No one gives a fuck about the incremental advances - if they did, one of the many Bitcoin copies would have overtaken it by now. Bitcoin doesn't need to be fast or cheap to fill its role. People saw this last fork, and how quickly it mooned after. Most will just hold this time.

No one cares about BTC outside of it's speculative nature.
As long as it keeps increasing in value then everyone will be happy. Ask people why they buy bitcoin and everyone will tell you something about becoming a millionaire.

as long as drug trade persists bitcoin aint going nowhere sonny jim

You obviously hop on the bitcoin train. Then you carefully separate you two coins, due to the lack or replay protection you've gotta be careful when broadcasting on the network, and control all relevant private keys.

Once your coins are separated;
>BTCORE
>BT2X

you've doubled your money.

And boom goes the dynamite.

There will be no forks u pawns. Screencap this.

Yes, new money (or money that was sitting in alts) went to BTC and BCC. As a result, some are currently winning and some are currently losing. You aren't making a point here.

Should I keep my fiat then? Which rapidly loses its purchasing value?
Nobody needs to be 100 in crypto.
Split your assets

i dont have a snapshot of exactly the day when the hard fork happened. but the joint mcap of the two coins was 1.5 or more of the starting value. thats what i mean by printing value.

its like fuck it. why do we have to actually create our own coin develop the project and do marketing etc. lets just ride the coattails of the biggest player and YOLO our way to millions. not to mention the drama and infighting that comes with each one.

plus the added fun bonus of market volatilty because money flows into bitcoin so people can double their money overnight.

its worse than scam ICOs. and is confusing to normies. it hinders adoption.

Sah-gay

BTC is and will continue to be the king of crypto, but as long as there's some uncertainty about its future, coins that are seen as a credible hedge against it will retain some value. The market cap of the coins is just the result of basic supply and demand. This isn't complicated.

>This is no different than some retard making a new coin and airdropping it to Bitcoin holders, forks don't matter

Read this again and again until you understand what it means.

No new money had to go to BCC for it to go up though. Just a consolidation of BCC, which presumably people who received for their BCC then held instead of selling afterwards.

My point is that BCC could grow to equal the market cap of BTC simply by BTC shifting hands, and that's basically what happened. No alts have to lose value and no fiat money had to enter or leave the system.

My point is that if everyone who held BTC got their BCC and then sold it to each other at an arbitrary ratio of 0.1 BTC each, then no new money actually had to enter the system, ever.

The new money is only necessary if the people with BTC started cashing out to fiat, which didn't happen.

i had this pepe on my phone a few years ago from /pol/ i have been looking for it since. Rare indeed!

Happy to give it to you then

can you explain this to an idiot? i put it into a private wallet and then it'll automatically split or do i need to do something extra? what private wallet program do you use/recommend?

Automatically split.

After the split you need to sweep your coin from one chain into a wallet that holds those coins and the other chain into the opposite.

Basically your key just has multiple coins in it now, so when you sweep your Bitcoins out there will still be other coins on it that you can sweep out with something else.

But until someone else develops a way of sweeping for the new type of coin you just hold onto your paper wallet.

>No new money had to go to BCC for it to go up though. Just a consolidation of BCC, which presumably people who received for their BCC then held instead of selling afterwards.
This is only meaningful if those doing the "consolidating" can find buyers to agree to their price. I can pretend that the old dishrag in my kitchen is worth $10,000,000 and declare myself a millionaire, but I hope you're able to see how that would fall apart.

>My point is that BCC could grow to equal the market cap of BTC simply by BTC shifting hands, and that's basically what happened.
Holders will shift their from one chain to another depending which they believe has a better future. You could do the exact same thing right now by selling all your BTC and putting it in LTC instead. Or you could invest in both if you're unsure which will come out on top. Or you could put all your eggs in one basket if you're convinced that you know which will win. Perhaps you could figure this out more easily if BTC Gold were called "AnonCoin123" instead?

>No alts have to lose value and no fiat money had to enter or leave the system (and BTC went up and BCC went up).
Literally impossible. It's shocking how many people don't understand basic supply and demand.

It's not impossible at all.

Let's say for an example that only 10 people hold Bitcoins and there's a fork into Bitcoin Cash. Then 5 of the people each sell 0.1 of their Bitcoins to the other 5 for Bitcoin Cash at a ratio 1 BCC = 0.1 BTC.

Now BCC has a price of 0.1 BTC and BTC has the exact same price in USD.

But no USD entered the system. That's what happened during the last fork. That's where the 'free money' thing comes from. I.e. it's only free money if you cash out the BTC to USD afterwards.

Christ OP calm the fuck down. The only reason the last fork mattered was because there was a powerful group involved in the forked coin, the only reason anyone gives a shit now is because the last fork was a big deal, but bitcoin is forked all the time, you can fucking fork it, nobody will give a shit unless you happen to control all the mining power

Here you are looking at 2 markets in isolation and ignoring the rest of the game

Read the dishrag analogy again until you understand it. You seem to believe that you're a millionaire (in USD terms) if coinmarketcap says you are. No, you're a millionaire if you're able to get someone to meet your asking price of $1,000,000 for your coins. If the only people who believe some coin is worth anything is those who hold it, then their valuation is meaningless.

In your example, BTC would fall relative to USD.

I'm done with this thread, I don't care anymore that you don't get it lol.

>In your example, BTC would fall relative to USD.

This is correct.

>You seem to believe that you're a millionaire (in USD terms) if coinmarketcap says you are.

This is debatable

thank you for the explanation

I'm arguing the exact opposite you fucking retard. I'm the one saying cmc doesn't mean shit because everyone's "free money" is actually the same money until people actually cash it out to USD.

That doesn't fucking matter though because my example is a microcosm of what actually happened.
>ignoring the rest of the game
There's nothing else significant to bother considering. Most people, for the most part, followed the example I explained above on a far more massive scale.

Oh yeah well I think you have the right idea, I didn't read all your posts

>This is debatable
Well you probably are because CMC does in fact reflect reality at the current moment, but this was meant to emphasize the idea that your valuation is only meaningful insofar as you can find a buyer/seller who agrees to it.

>In your example, BTC would fall relative to USD.
IF NOBODY FUCKING SELLS BTC FOR USD, i.e. most people keep the BTC they get for selling BCC, THEN THE VALUE OF BTC DOES NOT FALL RELATIVE TO USD.

Holy fuck. I keep explaining it. Most people who got "free BTC" when they sold their BCC did not sell the BTC they got for USD, so the BTC doesn't not fall relative to USD, at all.

You're fucking wrong. I specifically explained that in my example because it's mostly what happened. Not everyone but MOST people did not sell the "free BTC" from BCC for USD.

My point is that BTC doesn't have to fall relative to USD for BCC to go up in price, even infinitely.

It just means that most people won't actually be able to cash out, which is the case now and the case in any market.

I'm arguing against the idea that we're all somehow going to BTC fork our way to riches like some retards seem to believe. For some reason you started arguing against me on that point.

Why did you even make this shit thread? Fucking KYS already dumbass.

Everything you're writing about this topic is wrong. You're too low IQ to get it but that's OK. Take it easy user.

There's two realities at play - yes actually getting the USD in your filthy hands requires you to be able to somehow exchange either directly or through some hops, but also most measures eg 'net worth' which can have very real direct and immediate impact would already consider you as a millionaire should the market prices suggest that.

This is the importance of liquidity. Consider ultra luxury properties, exotic cars or fucking rare artifacts, going by 'market value' they could be worth a fuck ton, but may take years or decades to actually offload. Regardless of what it is it depends on the markets ability to absorb it, you don't have to look too far to see that 'liquidating' is often an expensive exercise.

Good point user. Yes, if there exists some broad consensus of an item's worth, then that's obviously reasonable to go by, even if it is relatively illiquid.

This may or may not be applicable to some shitcoin being traded at a ridiculous valuation by a handful of retarded autists.

a fork is when a chain split user, there are 3 cases:
1. 2 chain alives
2. majority chain ded
3. minority chain ded

Hello, I've been out of the crypto game for about a month now, still holding my bags though and have new money to invest.

Can any fine gentlemen please give me a quick rundown on this upcoming fork? Should I buy now so that I'll have more crypto to get the new upcoming BCC-type coin or should I wait because the fork will result in a crash?

Thanks

buy link

Will I get the fork coins if I hold my BTC in the electron wallet? Plese help I'm a newfag crypto