Post relics of the natives of your region

Post relics of the natives of your region.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_GuPJp7PYJs
youtube.com/watch?v=VKAm6SM3xK4
youtube.com/watch?v=a-mYK5KpXLw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how can eurangutans even compete?

from the islands off the coast of los angeles

Mapuche relics from Chile

Sumerians statuettes are really mesmerizing

youtube.com/watch?v=_GuPJp7PYJs

youtube.com/watch?v=VKAm6SM3xK4

my region's natives made everything out of wood, so there's not much in the way of 'relics' (pic related is I think the oldest totem poles)

there's a lot of newer art as our injuns are on a cultural revival wave, and luckily a lot of the old(er) stuff fell into the hands of museums which preserve them well

these are the kind of elaborate masks they'd wear during ceremonial dances
i've read a bit about pre-colonial society, and besides the slavery it sounded chill as fuck

>spend all day canoeing/fishing due to a ridiculous abundance of salmon; women go innawoods to pick berries
>hang out in the bighouse with your extended family
>sustained enough to have time to work on elaborate wood carvings/paintings and weaving
>keep around a dog breed created specifically for their wool (this breed is now extinct)
>hope you get invited to a potlach where the chief will shower guests with gifts to show off his power

>that song

>tfw live in part of the world with extremely little history
Why the fuck did my ancestors even leave Europe. Even staying in New York would have been more history. Oh well, at least it's not Iowa like my parents.

Ceremonial chairs or something like that from the Manteño culture in coastal Ecuador

More from the area? The landscape looks exactly like most of North America I've seen. I find that interesting.

am*rikkka

ausfag but i have mostly Irish roots.
pic related bronze age Irish torque

Sure.

Pacific Northwest natives are based.

>Manteño culture
Awesome first time hearing of them

this is near like 40 minutes away from where i live

Where did you get this picture of me on the dancefloor?

I wonder if Ötzi jerky would be edible

user are you my neighbor?

i always wondered too
youtube.com/watch?v=a-mYK5KpXLw

What state do you live in?

Bartow County, Ga. I live quite literally within a 2-minute drive of the mounds

good
I thought I was weird for a sec

Oregon

Missouri here. You are a ways away.

Isn't Oregon a little too far south for that kind of totem pole? IIRC, they were mostly used by people in BC and Alaska. They've to sort of represent coast Salish culture, but most of the stereotypical features of that culture come from groups further north. I'm from Washington, and even this far south you wouldn't really have run into stereotypical Salish art traditionally.

I heard painter Barnett Newman based his paint philosophy on theirs

>brutally slaughter most of the neighbouring tribe; make slaves of the survivors

Between 35.000 and 41.000 years old. Try to beat that!