Hard fork and segwit x2

can someone redpill on this real quick?

im planning to buy 1 BTC, which is a lot of money for me. should i be waiting? should i get in now and keep in wallet for double gains? been hearing a lot of shit.

dont troll me please this is important money to me. i can lose it, but id prefer not to.

Go all in Link and ELix brah

Didn't even know about segwit2. All I know is last time I got free bcc, wish I had my whole portfolio in bitcoin :/

Disregard the Elix, Link, ODN shilling.
Buying BTC at this moment may be not the best idea. The market lost a lot of pace and seems to take another turn down. I would wait a couple of days to see how it develops.

No worries, I'm pretty "in the know" when it comes to altcoins. I have BTC already, but I'm planning on purchasing a full one. Thanks for the heads up. If you have any other information that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Pretty much was this guy said.
And dont think you need to buy 1btc in one piece.
Fees are next to nothing when buying bitcoin, unlike for example stocks.

Just wait a few days. Buy for 10% of your investment cash. BTC. Wait a bit more, buy for the next 10%...

I am certain this way you will get more than 1BTC with the same amount of money. Than you are ready for the 7k leap next year.

>Didn't even know about segwit2. All I know is last time I got free bcc, wish I had my whole portfolio in bitcoin :/
How did you claim your BCC?

>there are people right now who bought 1000 BTC when it was under $1 foaming at the mouth
>there are people who have 1000s of BTC they bought when it was under $1 in unrecoverable or lost drives when it's about to be the largest surge in recent history

>How did you claim your BCC?
BCC wallet + your old bitcoin privatekey

but this time there wont be a regular new coin.
When segwit came it was simply for the reason that half the mining hardware became useless. So these 50% of miners just said "fuck it, we will continue with BCC" and kept it alive.
With segwit 2x it will not be like this. No yuge chinese mining park will have to back the loser coin.

I wish I had 1000 BTC my friend. I wish i took bitcoin seriously when it was at $1.
Buying smaller pieces over time will get you a good value because you spread the risk.

Thanks for the info.
So anytime later I could claim my new coin if something like BCC were to happens again?

just have the private key.
Same logic for every other forked coin.

And be sure not to do any transactions during the critical hours (days)

Same. I heard about it multiple times. Not that my chronically lazy arse did anything about the only hope I had at some money in my life. Oh well.

the worst thing for me is that now that im involved in bitcoin and get deeper into the community i constantly see the people who were smart enough.
Most of them are just shitposting on twitter all day.

You and me both could be one those shitposters.
And have the feeling of financial freedom at a young age.

But you know, that is why im trying to maximize my bitcoin now.
I will never have 1000, or even 100.

So im just tryint to maximize the bitcoin I can get with the money I have. Knowing that it will not be enough.

I've just invested in LINK and ODN. Not sure how much of a meme they are, but when you have little, you may as well try and make something with it.

I will never be able to buy enough BTC for it to be significant in the future. Maybe I'll never have a single BTC. But ICO tokens are my best hope. I wish you the very best; I know you can make it.

>should i get in now and keep in wallet for double gains
The intention is for there NOT to be a split, 2x takes over and the old chain ceases to exist, in which case there will be no double gains. It remains to be seen what will happen though; whether Core flip their shit or not.

If successful, I should expect some more confidence in Bitcoin afterwards. It really depends how messy it is though.

Buy ODN before the pump next week, sale immediately when.you double your money. I fucking hate odn shills but it's the only coin I see making a little bit of money. Abort that price of shot coin as soon as you can tho

What's your opinion on LINK?

Why will it pump so much?

Getting listed on a mainstream, higher volume exchange.

THIS GIRL ISN'T ASIAN

BTC's innovation pace is simply not keeping up with alt-coins.
Personally I lose confidence when I see the amount of politics involved and the number of hardforks in BTC.

It may win out because it was first. Lightning network has never been seen in real world conditions and the market has already priced in thhe assumption that its going to work wonderfully.
If anything happens to disrupt that assumption, you could see major falls.

If it goes as advertised we could see 10k within a year no problem

Started out with enough for 3/4's of a bitcoin two months ago, have enough for over 3 already. There's always hope, user.

>tfw started in April and still don't have 1 btc

Don't fall for the hodl meme lads.