Let's settle this shit once and for all

Let's settle this shit once and for all.

Is keto an efficient diet for fat loss or just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/CiifxkYUoAI1jg2.jpg
google.com/searchbyimage?image_url=http://i.4cdn.org/fit/1464905143805s.jpg
ruled.me/mythbusting-training-on-keto-diet/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6865776)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22835211)
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212877815000599
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>a homemade coconut,

just like any calorie restricting diet, but you dont have water retention on keto

it's a lot more work for the same result as any other diet with the same number of calories. you lose more water weight in the beginning with keto, but it comes back once you start eating carbs again.

Screws up liver bro

Better avoid it

no it doesn't had liver tests were better than before keto

>believing something will actually be settled once and for all on this board

cool sugar XXD!!

This. Muscle is better retained when you have adequate carbs aswell so keto kinda sucks.

If you want a quick fix just do tren ffs

>i lost weight and ate less doing a reddit meme diet
>it must be the reddit meme diet not the fact i lost weight and ate less

You must've been on some pretty disastrous diet beforehand to make even keto look good

why are u so godamn fucking retarded`? do u even researtch before u spit out all that bullshit? Do u just go to fit to shitpost ?

Have had good results on keto lost 50 lbs easily but I felt alot better.Fat keeps me full longer carbs just make me want to binge

Sorry bro, didn't realize you'd be triggered this easily. Maybe you should hurry on back to if you want an echo chamber hugbox for le bacon avocado narwhal diet?

Just eat less. If you gotta feel miserable you can't handle eating carbs then grow some willpower.

Keto is literally pointless.

As somebody who actually did it, i can tell you it works wonder. Fat loss is rapid.
One of the reason why it does is because it forces you not to cheat. It gives you incentive not to cheat because you don't want ti get out of keto.
I was able to cut at 1500 kcal and i had to stuff myself. Someday i just ate meat for around 200gr protons and had to force feed pure coconut oil to get some calories
Felt godly and no hunger.
Im now on IF and always over eat. Basically cant help myself but get that extra bowl of ice-cream or some shit which i judt couldnt get on keto.
Just try it OP trust me. Tive it ten days without carbs and you won't regret it. Induction phase isn't that hard.
PS: coffee is you best friend

Broccoli and carrots make you binge? Cool story.

Literally any diet that keeps you at a calorie deficit is effective for weight loss. It's simple thermodynamics.

yes it works, from my personal experience it helped a lot with dropping body fat, and keeping lean body mass. It is a very hard diet to do since almost everywhere you go you are surrounded by carbs, and you'll feel hungry.

If you consider trying it i highly recommend running an EC stack with the diet. and try to keep your fat sources as healthy as possible, i typically have an avocado with every meal.

Keto deniers are fat fucks. Pic related is a fat fuck who said he did keto, but it didn't work for him.

Keto is for winners. Keto deniers are self defeatist losers who have a sugar addiction like the fat fuck in this image.

>broccoli and carrots are the only type of carbs

On a scale 1-10, how retarded are you?

Just another run-of-the-mill fad for special snowflake mental pygmies too edgy for an ordinary healthy diet. Because, you know, sweet potatoes and blackberries totally make you fat.

>sweet potatoes and blackberries are the only type of carbs

Kill yourself faggot.

>oh no, potato chips and donuts are b-b-bad!
>better eliminate all carbs including healthy ones
How does it feel to have Downs syndrome? Does you mom type your posts while you drool in your diapers?

what 4 months of keto looks like.

I did not lift a single weight, i did not exercise a single day. I live a lightly active lifestyle and walk about 10 steps a day, and ate at about a 500 calorie defecit.

Waiting for someone to do the math, 500 calories defecit a day for 4 months, if that doenst equal 25kg of weightloss, than the piece of shit on this board telling me i lost weight because of the calorie defecit and not due to ketones at all can fuck off. Do the math bitch

>resorting to ad hominems because you suck at debating

IIFYM faggots like you are cancer to the fitness world

sorry im autistic. I walk 10k steps a day. 20 year old male, internet says 2400 calories a day to maintain weight. Someone do the math on 1800 calories a day for 4 months and see if that should be 25kg of weightloss, if no one does that math that means keto = real and not meme diet

>my cognitive deficit prevents me from accurately tracking my caloric intake and TDEE therefore I violated the laws of physics
Lmfao, tumblrina fatties and so entertaining

>I accurately track my caloric intake and TDEE therefore I violated the laws of physics

no idea what kind of aspie dribble that was but I just used a weight loss calculator and boy are my arms tired (lil fit humour, dw if you dont get it newfag)

Okay so It predicts for my height and weight, at a 500 calorie or less deficit, it would take 12 months to lose 25kg. Even at 1000 calorie deficit , it still predicted 6 months for me to lose 25kg, whereas on keto and on a 500 calorie dificit it only took 4 months (which was easy too because you never feel hungry on keto)

I wish i understood why you retards are wasting your time with this meme brigade, are too many fatties finally gonna make it and that pisses you off?

Good motivator for fatties since it's usually the extra carbs and sugar that they're eating needlessly

Also generally not necessary to count calories, which is great for fatties.
Eventually you gotta hop on something real though.

600kcals/day*30days/months*4months = 72000kcals

72000kcals/(7000 kcals/kg_fat) = 9.35kg fat. your actual weight loss will be greater than this because of water weight and LBM loss.

lol this is what keto deniers actually beleive.

Tell me from this picture where I lost fucking lean muscle mass and water weight? You think water weight takes 4 months to drop off? I lost 3kg on keto in the first week, that was all of the water retention, gone.

>at a 500 calorie or less deficit, it would take 12 months to lose 25kg
no, at a 500kcal deficit it would take 12 months to lose 25kg of pure fat. fat is very calorie dense (which is kinda the point of fat), but when you diet you don't just lose fat. LBM is not nearly as calorie dense as fat, and you will also lose water weight.

ah yes, look at all that LBM around my stomach arms legs face neck and nipples that just dropped off with keto, damn what an unhealthy diet I wish I looked like I did in January

autist

7/10 with rice

Keto is good and all but the whole not exercising and celebrating that after you still lost weight is fucking bizarre. Go to Reddit and say you lost 50lbs without exercise and they'll praise you as an inspiration. It's fucked.

Where do you see an attempt at debate? Do you even know what that word means? Or are you seriously that delusional to think people laughing at your stupidity is equivalent to debate?

>ad hominem
Oh look, something else ketards can't understand.

that would be 1lb a week of fat so 17 weeks = 17 lbs

Do not give a fuck what you degenerates say,
Keto feels amazing
I will fight any of you
AAAHHHHHHHH

>getting your infographs from twitter

pbs.twimg.com/media/CiifxkYUoAI1jg2.jpg

kek

Sure you did, kid. You definitely violated calories in calories out with your super duper controlled and error free n=1 experiment. Those stupid scientists were proven wrong by your googling and middle school education. Go present your findings to the Nobel committee, now. Promise they won't laugh at your dyel feminine physique, low IQ and cringy understanding of biology.

I feel like we try to "settle this once and for all" every other day
Seems we have gotten nowhere, lads

google.com/searchbyimage?image_url=http://i.4cdn.org/fit/1464905143805s.jpg

Woah! The same image can be found on multiple websites?!?!?!?!?!?! Fucking incredible! Did you mental development stop in kindergarten? You seem to think on the level of a 5 year old.

Good job copying the link to the thumbnail, you fucking retard.

This
Just an endless tug of war with people linking shit they skimmed through to prove their point

ITT: No science, only anger.

>activated almonds

>Is keto an efficient diet for fat loss
No
>or just a meme?
No

It's a diet which happens to get used by people lifting or trying to lose weight a lot due to various factors, primarily it's neither of those things

Drop the hype and use common sense and follow good old solid standard nutritional advice of eating less calories than you expend to lose weight

Yes, keto is an effective way to lose fat. Anyone who says it's a meme is a huge faggot who doesn't know what the word "meme" means.

It is effective because it manages your cravings. You can be at a calorie deficit and still feel full.

honestly on here you will never get a straight answer, especially when it comes to this subject. there are a lot of weight of losing weight/fat your best bet is to try it out, see how the results are. Some people don't like putting such a huge restriction on their diet, and it seems very odd/contradicting however if done right and paired with a good routine you will get results.

It works for me. It makes cutting easier. It's not magic.

Wow, you mean that link Veeky Forums gives you??? Tell me more! It's like I'm really in preschool again.

Underrated

>Learning about Veeky Forums is what you did in preschool

Fuck off underage faggot

>I learned about Veeky Forums in preschool

Concrete thinking is a symptom of autism and something your local psychiatrist will be very interested in. Did you already make an appointment? If you tell me your address, I can call the next psychiatric hospital for you, in case you are already too demented to do it on your own.

haha, actually my degree is science and biology is my major, you havn't actually said anything even remotely sciency just retarded insults like the other ketodeniers. The proof is in my FUCKING picture, if you see my before/after shots and think the change is only 9kg of fat you are as FUCKING retarded as that post you just wrote

Sure it is. And your TDEE and caloric intake are perfectly tracked and we'll take your word for it just like we do with the people who claim they are visited by ghosts, demons, and aliens. Now what are you waiting for, faggot? Don't you want your Nobel prize?

Must be speaking from experience.

Nah. Been on keto for years, it's a life style. Everything in optimal health. Loads of carbs is much worse for the liver than fat; 100% of non alcoholic fatty liver disease is caused by hambeasts guzzling carbs the way rusk is go nuts about krokodil.

Lies: ruled.me/mythbusting-training-on-keto-diet/

The force feeding coconut oil is literally a godsend. Busy job and two days a week no time for decent dinner or lunch but cno keeps my energy levels up without hunger.

Hambeasts are delusional about any diet.

They think they can just eat the food the diet required ON TOP OF all the shit they funnel feed. They think they're "gaming the system".

They are on such levels of supreme retard that they actually think anything healthy will cancel out five bags of Cheetos and two gallons of Mountain Dew.

bro what the fuck is wrong with you?

i've been up for 22 hours finishing off my last assignment for the semester because I left if to the last limit, so maybe its the lack of sleep or are fitizens just resorting to low effort autism when it comes to this keto non-debate these days?

i could screen cap my uni blackboard profile, i could show you my mfitnesspal screenshots of my tracked calories, logged exercise, and weight loss but all of that would require more effort than you've put into your last 2 posts alone and since you didnt come here to debate, but rather kek at me for sucuesfully dieting and some shit about a nobel prize you can go fuck yourself you aspie cunt

The first study cited (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6865776) says this if you actually bother to read it. That blogger is obviously misinterpreting it to push an agenda.

The second study cited (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22835211) compared people getting 201 grams a day of protein with vitamins and performane enhancing supplements to a another group getting 83 grams a day of protein with no vitamins or supplements. The jump tests they did do not test even elementary aspects of athleticism.

Not so good for glycolytic exercise (high but not maximum intensity). Because "glycolitic" involves burning sugar. Stick to doubles and sprints, stay away from 20 rep sets and long, hard runs.

Transitioning on and off can do funky things to your sodium/potassium levels and gut bacteria (diarrhea, head aches, dizzyness). It's basically a mild version of "refeeding syndrome." It's not prednisone, but don't cheat, and take your time going on and off the diet.

Go easy on the cheese and up your leafy green veggies if you get constipated.

Beyond that, it's better than veganism.

>still making lame excuses for not collecting his Nobel prize
What's the matter, bro? Don't pull a Perelman on us now.

where does le narwhal baconXDDD?? XD hahaalefmao

>100% of non alcoholic fatty liver disease is caused by hambeasts guzzling carbs
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212877815000599

>a study reported that feeding healthy humans a 35% surplus of calories in the form of fructose for seven days caused an increase of 16% of intrahepatocellular lipids relative to control subjects, whereas a 30% caloric surplus in the form of dietary fat for only four days led to an 86% increase of intrahepatocellular lipids relative to control subjects

>Collectively, these data indicate that carbohydrate conversion to lipids via DNL may lead to significantly less ectopic lipid deposition for the same caloric surplus than what dietary lipids or lipids mobilized from adipose tissue can yield.

>The findings that hepatocytes treated with ACC1-2 antisense oligonucleotides display a marked four-fold elevation of fatty acid oxidation and close to control levels of DNL (about two thirds) suggest the possibility that liver lipids may be largely disposed by a futile cycle between DNL and fatty acid oxidation (Figure 1A). Hence, DNL and fatty acid oxidation could be coordinated in a way to form, under specific conditions, a futile cycle protecting cells from ectopic lipid deposition by dissipating extra calories in the form of heat

I lost 80lbs since October on keto but I just switched to a >vegan diet for ethical reasons. Water weight came back but I feel better overall.

This is the first serious thought I've given to Keto, mainly because this is the first time I've researched what it actually it.

I've been thinking a lot of how to change my diet to ditch specifically the remaining body fat.
This sounds like it could be the answer.

It'll suck probably, I fucking love carbs, but if it works I'll do whatever it takes.

More like you're dehydrated on keto

>Let's settle this shit once and for all

We have these threads literally every day

Keto is the best diet on earth.

So what's in a typical Keto breakfast?

works ,but you have no glycogen in muscle which makes u look fat be weak and all

losing weight is easy as fuck

keto is retarded shit for redditors

they will never ever acknowledge all the science that goes against them

My friend is starting this new keto diet bullshit
>hurr I don't need to count calories, Pressly just cutting carbs will make me magically lose weight
All moderately successful fad diets are just varying ways to lower calories, keto included. And they all stop being effective when retards decide that they don't need to watch their calories because they're on some fancy diet, keto included.

you're right, but it's hard to overeat on keto. it's possible if you try hard enough.

>Eating a calorie surplus – You can’t build muscle without eating more calories than you need, and these come from fats in a ketogenic diet.

So, if you are fat and want to lose weight and gain muscle, you can't. Sorry. That strength is just placebo.

Bacon is over 100 calories per slice and totally acceptable on keto. I could easily eat at least 1/2 a pound of it as part of a meal before I started losing weigh. Add in 3-4 eggs and 3-4 slices of cheese, and you have a keto acceptable breakfast that's well over 1000 calories. I used to eat this all the time. Never underestimate a fat person's ability to eat lol.