Veeky Forums feels thread

Lost my best buddy today. I am 23 and had my best bud, Sydney (Australian Shepard) since I as 9 years old. She was put down and I feel like shit. 50% of me wants to turn this experience into pure motivational fuel in her name, the other 50% wants to give up. She even waited for me in my room everyday while I was in the Navy for 4 years. Let' put aside all of our petty bullshit and talk about Veeky Forums feels.

Also, how can I perfect my OHP form? Is leaning back too much a problem or is it okay for certain body types?

Also, General Feels Thread, Let it out brothers and sisters. whatever it is!

i feel you OP. Lost my cat of 17 years when i was 23. she would wake me up every morning by licking my face and she would "talk" to me. I knew what she wanted by the way she talked.

dont lean back too much. focus on squeezing your butt to get a stable base going. When you lower the bar after a rep, keep your elbows straight forward and form a shelf with your lats.

Flex your glutes , quads, and abs to prevent hyperextending your lower back too much. But at a very high weight, you're probably likely to turn it into a standing incline press anyway.

Also,
>tfw feeling hip impingement after finally recovering from an injured MCL.

My squat is never going to be good

Keep going op, break those fucking pr's, she never gave up on you, do it in her memory, today I do it in her memory too

Thank you, I know right now in my Corona induced stupor that I feel like giving up, I'm sure as time goes by I will heal and change my life around

See, I always thought since OHP was mainly upper body based (im most likely wrong) it should come from pure upper body. I'm doing lmao1plate but I always felt like my form was questionable. I'm a strongfat and my back arches a lot.

P.S. I feel ya on the "vibing with your buddy". Whenever I would get a new cup of coffee, she would follow me to the kitchen and drink water. Vice versa, If i ate a sandwich or any other meal; she would follow me and eat from her chow bowl. I feel like a piece is missing...

Sorry for your loss OP.

>tfw my personality disorder developed from an early age will always hinder my interpersonal relationships

I've lost women who I would've been willing to spend my life with because of my mental illness and their inability to deal with it. I hate myself to a point of frequent self-destruction and frequent suicidal idealisation.

>inb4 edgy

we're all gonna make it somehow

youll get over her. it took me a while but she will become a nice memory and youll be ok with it. i got to bury mine which gave me some closure.

OHP is still mostly upper body based. squeezing your glutes will give you a stable base to lift from so you dont have to worry about your lower body. you will work your abs some to help your torso stay upright tho.

i totally feel you on the corona. im drinking a little too. i feel like giving up for a different reason but thats not gonna solve anything. just keep on trucking and focus on what you have, not what you dont.

bpd?

OP here, thanks for all that reply. It honestly feels good to talk to you guys, even the trolls, if they appear. I don't have many friends since I've gotten out of the military.

Also, my workout today is in memory of your little lady.

OP here, dont give up. The world has too many prejudices and not enough people willing to open their mind and hearts. Keep pushing and we're all going to make it. Promise. Just dont give up. Im still learning myself

Broke up with my gf of 3 years because she cheated on me.

sleep tight, pupper

you made the right choice. if my father ever taught me anything, its that once you cheat, youll cheat again.

yeah, good ol' borderline

Thanks bro, the support always means a lot

>tfw also drinking

As long as we can keep our hearts open we can keep going, sorry about your dog, again. my family had a Pomeranian that was a little shit but she grew on you after a while. She died in her sleep two years ago and my sister - whose dog it was for the most part - still hasn't really recovered. She lived for about 14 years.

Yeah in fact, everytime I put on my weightlifting shoes (home gym master race reporting) she would flip shit and if she saw me do that + add my earbuds in she knew it was gains time. Swear to God it was like losing a legitimate best friend

Love my old dog so much but I know this day looms for me too.

Stay strong bro. Lifting for pupper today.

>The 1970's Venice beach bodybuilding subculture is dead
>You will never eat a breakfast of a shitload of oats and eggs and then walk into the gym at 10am
>You will level lift with Schwarzenegger, Katz, or Columbo
>You will never get tips and horse around with Arnold
>You will never go out with the guys to eat a massive amount of bbq down the street, hitting on women and flexing as you walked, the wind curving over your muscles as you forced you way down the street
>You will never taste the salt of the pacific in your sweat as you pump out your final set with Columbo spotting you
>You will never finish your workout at 6pm, the golden rays of the California sun reflecting off of you, making you look like a god as you walk out of the gym and onto the beach
>You will never travel the world to compete in body building competitions against greats of your era
>You will never win Mr. Universe and party with your bros after the competition, smoking weed, fucking models, and eating fried chicken until 5 in the morning

>Gold's Gym is now literally no better than fucking Planet Fitness
>Fat Acceptance is growing everyday
>Numales are taking over, erasing away the muscled greats of the past

Anyone else feeling here?

This last year I've been crawling out of some deep depression, coupled with a handful of other colorful brain problems. It's been like trying to climb out of a pit - your fingers dig into the mud, you claw your way forward, and then you slip and fall.

You're back at the bottom, worse for wear, and now you have to start the climb again.

I was super massively obese, and recovering from a shoulder injury left lifting routines a moot point - I would lose 30 pounds and then gain 20, I'd manage a string of sessions and then fuck my shit up.

In January I fell for that quintessential Her - when I saw her eyes for the first time my heart stopped. Seriously - chain-smoking cigarettes, 350 pounds easy, not a day of cardio in my life. When I felt that pain my chest I thought I was having a heart attack. Since then, I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. Since then, it feels like a fire has been kindled inside me - I have lost more than a hundred pounds. My training notebook is littered with blocks of programming rather than half-empty pages. I can run a sub 7 minute mile.

I've accomplished so much in the last 6 months - I'm in the best shape of my life. I weigh less than I did in the 6th grade. But I can't stop thinking about her.

Everything is boiling down to this chance, this one shot I have to meet her this Summer.

Every day I'm just bracing for that crash landing.

>Also, how can I perfect my OHP form? Is leaning back too much a problem or is it okay for certain body types?

Lean back just enough to get the bar out from under your chin. It's not that leaning back is a bad thing persay, it's just a crutch that needs to be abused further the heavier the weight. There's no end to the sway-back.

And I know how it goes with dogs, man.

I was the only one who could stay with my pup as he was put down.

I still remember standing there, alone with him, holding him as he went. All I could do was mumble, "Sleep Tight, Pupper," before I broke down bawling.

I'm drunk idgaf this just happened I'm on the bus ride home I wrote this on a message earlier of what happened (sorry for no green text too drunk I don't know what happened, bit of context I got with this girl at the club (pic related) and we were both drunk and she invited me over to her house which was literally down the street):

We go to her house, make out a bit in her room, I take of my shoes and jacket. I take notice of her messy room and .mention it. She says I hope you sont mind hehe. I also see her mbp. I mention lol I'm just leaving with this laptop bye. She laughs it off and takes me to the kitchen cause just "follow me". We're at the kitchen because I think she's hungry. She says she goes to the bathroom, I thonk she actually does and then comes back down. Asks how I'm doing and then tells me to wait there she's gonna go to her room real quick. I don't trust her and follow her to her room. She opens her laptop and goes on Facebook and starts messaging her friend. Before I notice this I am kissing her neck and grabbing her ass. She in Jo way hesitates and instead moansand I continue. I start reading what she's sending her friend and it looks like she's asking for help she's with a guy she doesn't want to be (me). Her friend replies huh and then she starts saying something else to her friend. At this point I ask her if there's a problem, if she wants me to leave. She says yeah get the fuck out I don't want you here. I'm like OK first time im hearing this. Shes like really? I've been telling you since we got here to leave me alone. I say ok fuck you I lput my shoes and grab my jacket and leave and leave the front door open cause fuck her. I notice on the inside there is a piece of paper that says "Manon don't forget your keys and don't leave the door open" or something like that. This leads me to believe she frequently gets drunk and this happens.

So you hooked up with a crazy girl who for a lack of better words cried rape when you made a move after not minding it. But left you a goodbye note in your jacket?