Opinions on Rhodesia?

Opinions on rhodesian as a country?

What went wrong?

It's a meme.

Can you fucking get over it? It's not very interesting, just a failed South Africa.

Wish it lasted longer. A very interesting country, mostly because Zimbabwe is shit.

but who do i believe................?

me

Not as interesting as Kenya.

It was a colonial apartheid state that refused to realise the world had changed since the 20th century started

>just a failed South Africa
South Africa failed too, it’s just the whites were prominent and numerous enough to resist full on expulsion
Equality

The most overrated country in Africa

zimbabwe-rhodesia stood a good chance of being a successful state. creating a thoroughly western capitalist african nation.

though (((they))) pressured ZR into letting mugabe and his communist terrorists into the political process. Mugabe then killed his opponents, chased off or massacred whites, ran the country into the ground, and then solid it out to China. though leftist scum will praise mugabe because he is a negroid African and a communist.

>world had changed

Rhodesia was much better then Zimbabwe. Every Zimbabwean that I have met agrees with this. However Rhodesia treated the blacks like shit. They just blamed there semi apartheid laws on underdeveloped black areas which was mostly there fault too.

no.

they let the blacks stay tribal savages if they wanted. just kept them out of the political process as a consequence. if the blacks raised them selves up to the level of the whites. then they could vote and hold office. the rhodie government just didn't help the blacks raise up either.

Stop idolising a racist failed state or go back to /pol/

south africa and zimbabwe under black rule are openly hostile to the european population and have crap economies and or horrible violence problems.

That doesn't change the fact that they were both racist apartheid states that heavily discriminat d against the native black population

I'm aware. I was pretty vague I will cede that. White land received 90% of government funding. The blacks couldn't do nothing about it.

>Opinions on rhodesian as a country?
A curious transition from colonialism.

>What went wrong
-Retarded Policy that alienated the population ie changing the constitution so that blacks could never have political equality no matter how educated and wealthy the became, cutting education funding/ banning blacks from private schools ect.

-Foreign intervention: making the rebels far more powerful and the economy far more weak. Culminating in them supporting Mugabe even when he started fixing elections and becoming a dictator despite their promises to prevent that.

>What went wrong?
Too many niggers. A mistake the burgers made as well.

In case you hadn't noticed, African Americans haven't genocided and cannibalized white Americans.

Liberals need to realise there are worse things out there than 'racism'.

Please go away

Shit, you're right.

I mean, we could live in a world where a seventy year old toddler has access to America's nuclear codes, and no popular support whatsoever in his own country.

We could live in a walking nightmare where fifty years of race relations are being ripped up and literal skinheadism normalized.

We could be living in a world where Republican megapatriots still deny Russian collusion and climate change, despite overwhelming evidence for both.

It could be a hellscape where child molesters and literal rapists are treated like guys with a speeding ticket and totally qualified to run for high office.

Oh, and the pretty pink bow straddling this black abyss is a total loss of faith in journalists, who will be shrieked at as "fake news" by delusional Nazi cunts no matter how much glaring evidence is beaten into their heads and

Fuck.

Just FUCK.

Liberals, i.e. sane people, know better than anyone how bad it can get. Racism is only one sinister face of the extinction threatening shitstorm Nazi frogpoaters and Jesusfreaks have unleashed on us all.

An easy opinion to have when you've never had to experience it.

>total loss of faith in journalists
why, do you think?
>fifty years of race relations
you ain't seen shit, Obama put us back more than 100 years
>no popular support
polls said he wasn't going to be elected too

>Russian collusion
>overwhelming evidence

you think that race relations are comparable to what they were like in 1908?

>polls said he wasn't going to be elected too

the polls said that there was around a 35% chance. the problem was that a bunch of analysts are idiots and decided that 35 is equal to zero.

Irrelevant. Many more interesting stories in post-colonial Africa than a suicidal white nationalist clusterfuck. Let's talk about Angola or the Congo Wars or Ethiopia for once ffs

>HURR DURR AMERICAN POLITICS HUFF HURF

Can both you fuckwits take this back to /pol/? This is a thread about Rhodesia for christ's sake

Probably the most reddit comment I have ever seen.
>Liberals, i.e. sane people
Pfffftahahahahaha.

Someone being treated as a second class citizen was how the majority of the population was only a hundred years ago.
Hell, in Rome, actual citizens were a tiny minority of the population for most of its existence. Whether it's your skin colour or your great great great great grandfathers senatorial rank, I don't really see a difference, you didn't choose to be born into it.

you do know Mugabe is finally btfo, right?

>stop being interested in what i'm not interested in
ok

You imply that is a bad thing. It is better to live in tangible security and to lack it and have an intangible freedom in its place.

I say it every thread on the subject, but 14 years is not enough time to accurately gauge the long-term viability of a state.

More like
>mandela didn't have autism and realized that without whites the country would fall apart.

t. hasn't been beaten and dragged across the country because he had his work permit in his other pocket.

>I mean, we could live in a world where a seventy year old toddler has access to America's nuclear codes, and no popular support whatsoever in his own country.
Jesus, you're insane.

Shitload of factors, all external. Soviet intrussion in Africa. Labour victory in the 60s which led to Rhodesians declaring UDI instead of having independence granted to them by the brits, Fall of Salazar in portugal their only ally in europe and also the fall of Mozambique in the east and the South Africans throwing them under the bus to buy themselves more time as an apartheid state.

So is Isreal

Most of the blacks in South Africa are Bantu colonizers themselves.

>ignoring fact that Zimbabwe became an apartheid state, only against Whites, and in a harsher magnitude