Squats

First of all, I can squat 4 plates for reps, so don't think I'm just some beginner who doesn't know what they're doing.

Can anyone explain why everyone always talks about high bar and low bar squats like there's some difference?
In my 6-8 years of lifting I've never seen any difference.
Pic related, it's the king of squats and all other exercises in action

low bar is pretty much a deadlift
highbar is an actual squat

Great question, I'm glad you asked

Thanks broh

Highbar engages quads more. Lowbar engages hamstrings and glutes more. It's as simple as that

Not sure if you're trolling, but I'll reply.
There's no difference, bar placement is just personal preference, you're still just doing the same movement

>implying 4 plates is not still beginner tier

Srsly come back when you are out of skelly twink mode and then we can talk business. Until then strong men will bully you sexually in the showers at the gym like every other beginner.

So much summer..

If you cant feel the Difference then you havent the movements with actual weight on. The torso angle is very different between the two

Bar placement is basically down to preference. Miniscule differences in which muscles are used.

Most find that with low bar they are able to squat more though.

What's the difference between curls and squats? >They both work your muscles.

"No"

With highbar to have the bar placement in the proper place over the midfoot it is further from he fulcrum of the quads(the knee) than it is from the posterior chain (the hip) as such the highbar squat forces you to use your quads more. The low bar squat has the opposite effect because the bar placement forces the lever arm to recruit more of the posterior chain, the primarily the glutes and hamstrings. Since the posterior chain is a much larger muscle group than the quads you are able to move more weight low bar than highbar.

Fuaarrrkkkkkk, mirin' the shit out of that dude. Anyone know his jaw routine?

Yeah, if you're a quarter squatter
>If you cant feel the Difference then you havent the movements with actual weight on
.What are you trying to say.? Typical bar placement bros trying to form a sentence
.Dude, what are you talking about.? You can't just throw physiology terms into what you're saying and expect it to sound convincing. .Midfoot? 89Everyone knows you push from the heels when you squat. None of this makes any sense

This is a ridiculous claim, I agree with OP

lol everything said makes perfect sense actually.

the brain is a muscle too mang, don't forget to target it.

What the fuck. Claims to not be a novice but doesnt know the difference between high bar and low bar squats. DYEL?

>6-8 years lifting
>180 kg for reps
Ahahahaha

.Strong samefagging. pls go
.Maybe you'll be able to think for yourself and stop listening to all the broscience when you've been lifting for as long as .I have

Your back angle is different during low bar and high bar, you're more horizontal in lowbar you also use more of your posterior chain.

Do you also think close grip and wide grip bench do the exact same thing?

>I can squat 4 plates for rep
>In my 6-8 years of lifting
LONDON?

They have 25kg plates at my gym.
.Why would it matter how my back is angled.? .My legs are still the same either way.
And obviously close vs wide grip bench are different. 89This is more like you saying that if I held the bar higher in my palm when benching it would make a difference

Wait are you actually being serious

Well, if you did that it actually would change the movement slightly. That would put the bar further back from the centre of your forearm and increase the stress on the wrists and on the triceps.

If you are trolling then good job I suppose if not then how do you think a back angle doesn't matter?
Look at pic related these slight changes in the back angle will determine how you go up and down and which muscles get more force.

>They have 25kg plates at my gym.
Post vid bigboy

"Why would it matter how my back is angled" fucking good morning the weight while doing your 400 pound squat and remove yourself from the gene pool you mongoloid

>didn't read SS on an SS board

lol

>strong men will bully you sexually
Thatsthepoint.jpg

Bench press isn't a wrist exercise. Moving the bar an inch in my hand isn't going to just magically change that.
I agree that the legs would be targeted differently between those pictures, but that's because the knee position is also different. The back angle isn't the only factor changing in those pictures
>post a video
Yeah, I'm just going to catch the next train to the gym, film myself like a douche, come home, upload it and link it just to impress someone on a fitness forum. Honestly bro, do you think about what you're typing?

Photoshop

>I agree that the legs would be targeted differently between those pictures, but that's because the knee position is also different. The back angle isn't the only factor changing in those pictures

So what's the problem here then bro ? That's the whole difference between low bar high bar and front squats ?

Nope, that's actually a screenshot from a video. He proved they were real plates too. I'd post the link if I could find it
The point is that someone could easily just position the bar higher and push their knees back and get the same effect that you're saying low bar causes

Can you show me this with a pick or something finding it hard to visualise what you are proposing.
There are loads of pros that do almost a hybrid squat however pros are different some can deadlift 800 lbs no belt rounded back

You don't have a video of yourself squatting? You've been lifting for 8 years and you haven't done a form check?

Bro it's obviously bait

Are you retarded?

.Posting from my phone, just look up basically any picture of a powerlifter high bar squatting
Maybe 8 years, .I'm not certain about a couple of them
.I don't do form check videos because my gym has mirrors.

.Anyone have any actual good reasons against my point.?

That's ok

You'll have to dig a long way to find powerlifters high bar squatting. Almost none of them do it and those that do are almost always doing it more upright as offseason training.

Impressive bait thread, OP. You have some real talent.

.I can think of at least 4 who squat high bar in competition.

Is anyone still disputing me or are we all in agreement now.? I honestly don't know what to say if anyone still thinks there's a real difference

How is this a bait thread?

Holy shit I'll bite the bullet.

If "few inches" don't matter, why don't you deadlift with the bar few inches from your body instead of keeping it as close as possible?

Oh wait, you don't lift.

Post body with a timestamp or your 4plate squat for reps video or gtfo.

Yeah, I don't even know, just ignore the trolls
Serious? Surely you realise that's not a fair comparison. With squats you can just position the bar differently, but with deadlifts you would have to he using other muscles to hold it away from yourself. That's the real problem. Although they're both lower body pushing motions, you can't really compare them in this case when you think about it

Sick thread bro! !!!

Congratulations on one of the worst threads I've seen in a while.
Here's your (you) and a bump.
Enjoy.

get out OP you've been already btfo

The different bar placement makes it so that HB requires a bit more upper back strength and LB a bit more lower back strength.

With HB you can stay a bit more upright, which allows for a bit more range of motion for the knees.

Oly lifters train HB because that resembles the clean and the snatch more.
Power lifters train LB because that generally allows for the most weight lifted to parallel.

What about hack squats?