I'm cleaning up my life fit. I've had it. Im 23 NEET and my life is ticking away...

I'm cleaning up my life fit. I've had it. Im 23 NEET and my life is ticking away. I've been smoking weed the past 3 years doing nothing and I've had it. I might have missed out on crucial things in my teenage years such as 15 year old pussy, prom, grad, school dances and parties, but I'm not sitting idle and watching as my 20s go by. I'm selling ALL my fucking video games. Fuck video games. They're a literal cancer that eats away at your wallet and your time. Nothing has ever been accoplished playing a video game, and no self respecting adult would degrade themselves to children's toys and no mature woman would ever be with a guy that sits down at a computer or on a couch and plays video games. I've put ALL my games on Craigslist, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS1, GameCube, Wii U, and PC, along with all my games. If all goes good I'll make around $1500. I will also be attending virtual home schooling and completing my high school education as I dropped out in grade 9 due to anxiety and family issues. While I'm doing my schooling I will be joining a BJJ gym and training on the side. I want to practice up to 4 nights a week. I want to get a BJJ black belt which is totally achievable by my 30s. Im also going to be weight lifting on the side and want to bulk from 165lbs to 200lbs over time. This is it. I'm going to make it. I'm going to become an alpha male. I'm going to boost my confidence. I'm going to use the computer less and go outside more. I'm going to make it and be the best Veeky Forumslete ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zL16LpKLuGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Having to antagonize a hamless hobby because you have issues and are a lazy shit
Kek

That kind of drastic change is what will leave you ultimately resenting fitness and eventually losing all your gains.

I lost 20 pounds and I still play Dark Souls. What you do on your down time doesn't really matter.

>quitting a non-destructive hobby cold turkey

see you on /v/ next week

good luck man, please escape from this modern day purgatory known as being a loser

do it

>selling your vidya
you don't have to get rid of entertainment completely
you can play vidya without playing too much, for example on the rest days.

you're not gonna get anywhere without knowing how to relax and rest, you can't exercise 24/7

You have the right idea.

I'm in a similar spot, here's what works for me. (May not work for you)

>cut down vidya to one or two games you play regularly (for me it's smash and agar.io)
>drop the old games you shouldn't waste time on
>think every day about your goal, and everything you put in your mouth
>cut out fast food as much as possible
>constantly think of yourself as what you could be, how you would act differently if you were fit, responsible, etc

You have the right mentality, but you need to maintain it. Probably one of the top reasons for failing is people waking up the next morning and forgetting about it, making excuses (I'll start next week, I'm with friends so it doesn't count, I'll eat less tomorrow) and they just lose track.

I'm overweight, 18, and average looks. I've always been chubby or skinnyfat. I went to my grandmother's house recently, she fed me smoothies, ravioli, salads, and a little pizza for an entire week. Three meals a day and a small reward of pizza or icecream for eating properly. I drank no soda. The way I felt was liberating. For a couple weeks I've been going at it, and so far so good.

I hope we all make it, user. Good luck.

thank you for the update! ill be eagerly awaiting the fascinating story of the next chapter in your life

I'm doing this for true /fitizens like you!

>B-but I just play video games in my down time

News flash. If you play more than 1 hour a week you're throwing away your productivity time.

you cant "change" your mind by force, it is always changing

you can only choose to surrender to your mind and lifes flow, which creates a more peaceful conscience, its not really changing your mind, it's giving your mind freedom to express itself naturally

I tried that too when I was 20. One year later, still at it, still shunned by people cuz ugly, still 110lbs.

Good luck friend, you'll need it.

Luckily I'm 6'0 and 165lbs so I have a decent base to start from

How the fuck did you end up NEET anyway?

Me it was because depression afer a whole lot of shit happened.

Im rooting for you mate. That is a dramatic change but I don't see why it can't happen.

You sound like you just read a bunch of self-help books desu
Newsflash: if you're not working every moment of your waking life, you're throwing away your productivity time.
You can't be productive all the time unless you're a fucking robot who hates life and fun.

Should probably keep those video games. They'll be worth much, much, much more in 20 years than they are now. It doesn't seem completely necessary for you to get rid of them.

Also sounds like you're just trying to dive into a different identity. It's contrived. If it works like that for you, cool.

Am I reading some of these comments right?

>JUST REDUCE YOUR VIDEO GAME INTAKE
>JUST PLAY ON THE WEEKENDS
>JUST PLAY ONE SYSTEM
>JUST PLAY IN THE EVENINGS

Is the same as saying
>JUST GET HIGH ONCE A DAY
>JUST SNORT COKE IN THE MORNING
>JUST SHOOT UP AT NIGHT

Same shit. Different drug. Holy fuck is it ever easy to spot the underage and the degenerate pathetic 20+ year olds that are still consumed by vidya and its poisonous addiction. Women will NEVER be with a guy that justifies his "hobby" of sitting down and tuning out from reality for hours at a time so he can progress his virtual kill death ratio in a video game that will just be replaced in a few months by the sequel. Don't sit there and play armchair entrepreneur with me. Ambitious goal oriented people don't blow their time worthlessly pushing buttons on a controller while they sit dead faced in front of a tv. No. No one in the real adult world has time for toys like video games because generally speaking, people past the age of 16 start to realize what life is about and video games don't fall into that discussion.

OP. Don't listen to anyone that tells you different. Video games are holding you back. It's not just you. It's tons of people. Just look at the cringe inducing comments justifying games on /v/ or in this thread to see how negatively games impact people's perception of reality.

I'm a wizard that can see into the future,You will hang yourself in 2 years,trust me.

>implying video game addiction is comparable to being addicted to heroin.
You're a long way off buddy

>I'm gonna do it Veeky Forums I'm really gonna do it. Look I even make a post on Veeky Forums about all the shit I'm gonna do

Yeah nah.

You sound retarded, good luck still though.

>video games are holding you back
it's the same as saying
>movies are holding you back
>music is holding you back
>going out with friends is holding you back
>any kind of hobby is holding you back

except video games aren't a drug. You can pretend they are but they are in fact not. Everybody is going to rest at some point, as long as you have exercise, work and whatever else out of the way it's a fine thing to do.

>women will never blah blah
No, you are the problem here. Have fun getting anywhere if you're only doing it for pussy.

I could type all day about how fucked up things in my life have been but to keep it basic
>parents divorced when I was 2
>my whole childhood I grew up with both parties manipulating me and talking shit/gossip about the other one
>mom turned me against my dad by telling me he was a cheater, he abused her and bugged the house
>mom married an alcoholic
>had very little social interaction and was babied growing up
>trust issues
>dropped out of school from anxiety
>got depressed
>have bad confidence now due to where I am in life

I wouldn't be that harsh, maybe up to three hours a week. But I do agree. Playing vidya every night is limiting yourself from gaining useful skills. I usually play Battlefield for an hour or two with friends one night then a bit of Dark Souls on the weekend. Even though I love those games I could drop playing vidya cold turkey and not care, and trust me it feels so much better than when I was hooked to playing for hours every night.

Please user, no matter if you make it, enjoy the climb to the top.

T. Fag who didn't make it and is going to die sometime this week.

The damage is done. You should just kill yourself

And here we see three underage posters being manipulated to shill by the vidya Jew

>I'll sell muh video games it's for degenerates
>WEED DUDE
Mongol.

This isn't a personal blog.

Good luck tho I guess, good on you for quitting weed, it might be harmless on it's own but it makes you boring because it fights boredom by not feeling bored while doing nothing

News flash. Watching TV or movies or reading fictional books are just as "useless" as playing video games. So I hope you never do any of those things either you edgy sperg.

>inb4 people claiming that reading GoT somehow improves them as a person

Good luck bud, your gunna need it!
Do t listen to these jokes here who say video games aren't the problem, buncha Virgins

>Productivity meme

Burn out soon faggot

God speed user. Don't listen to the faggots trying to talk you out of quitting vidya. They are of the crab bucket mentality and will be oozing denial all over this thread.

Make us proud, fag.

Talk is cheap, you fucking faggot.

Post your routine and your grocery list alongside the Craigslist listing, and then maybe we'll take you seriously.

This, OP. Let's see some proof.

Playing videogames after I get home from the gym is a blast.

Make some dinner, sit and play dank souls to unwind, its nice.

Can you fat loser fucks just shut up. Video games are like drugs, you get on, and 6 hours later you realize you've wasted an entire day. OP is getting rid of his addiction (yes, video games can and are often an addiction). Rather than fucking discourage him from making healthy moves from a technology addict to a healthy person, you're egging him back into being a loser.

If you can play videogames with moderation, great. Keep it to yourself. Nobody cares. It's obvious OP can't, and this is his thread, so fuck off.

A good video on the topic of videogames btw. I wish I had seen this video earlier when I needed it. I wouldn't have wasted so much time on such a pathetic, pointless pursuit -

youtu.be/zL16LpKLuGY

(You)

GoT > video games every day of the week
GoT has historical references galore and is currently relevant to popular culture. Bitches and makes alike enjoy it
Try talking vidya with hoes and see how far you get

I never thought id say this but going out with someone you know ( doesnt need to be a FRIEND friend) and getting drunk can be much more fun than playing games. Besides u can have a wingman :)

Csgo streamer probably has a million on the shelve as a smoking hot fiancé that he treats like shit and frequently yells at.

He is a huge man child, ye, but he has more in life than OP. And he plays games all days

Not whomever you were responding to, I just arrived to this thread.

I'm not defending video games even though I play them myself, but you must be 100% retarded to claim Game of Thrones has historical references. It's fiction you moron.

Btw I watch GOT

Inspiring post. Make sure to snap some ''before'' pictures.

Be dedicated and keep a positive mind, you gonna make it.

Your words are POWERFUL, friend! Remember that it's all about building good habits and behavior patterns. This attitude is great, but if you're back on the couch in a month it won't matter.

SEE IT THROUGH, MY FRIEND! You're gonna make it. Don't be a pussy.

It does, look them up
Quick examples
>War of the Roses
>Mongols and the horse lords
>The Wall = Hadrians or Antonine wall
>Inquisition = the sparrows
That's just a few
Pretty easy to see desu

Gotta brush up on your history ese

If I roll doubs or a 6 you will make it

I lift, have a part time job and full time studies. I also pay guitar, watch netflix and play vidya. You can have it all with discipline and self control. But yeah if youre a weed smoking NEET than you have no self control.

Where's CHAD and his PIZZA?

Hey OP, I was in your spot from age 13-17. Severe anxiety, homeschooled, vidya, did not do shit for a majority of my life. I changed my habits drastically and had to really step outside my comfort zone, but it was all worth it. My only regrets are not doing it sooner, and not stepping out even further of my comfort zone. Best of luck, do not relapse and become a loser again.

Oh yeah, go out and meet some girls and fuck them. I really regret not banging more girls from 17-23 because of my anxiety. I get laid now often but I'm still a bit insecure that I never got to experience innocent fucking as a teen or young adult.

Dude, you don't know how much I already respect you from what you've said.

>I will also be attending virtual home schooling and completing my high school education as I dropped out in grade 9 due to anxiety and family issues.

I'm fucking proud of you. You can fucking do it man. Best of luck.

I quoted that part because a lot of people would focus just on weightlifting, but you are also doing what's important and harder and getting the education you need.

I'm glad you're doing something
in fact I quit playing video games too recently
but I ain't reading all that shit

I see what you mean, but you're not in OP's situation at all. OP needs to throw that shit right out the window because he let it get out of hand for way too long. When you're an addict like OP, you need to flip the script and be in control of your impulses. I'm glad you find joy in gaming, but don't bother lecturing OP about your 'hobby'
It's going to be a rough go picking up from grade 9 desu but you're still rather young. don't bother comparing yourself to people that have lived their life lucidly for much longer than you have- if you put the work in over the next 5+ years you can hit your 30s running like you never lost your way in the first place.

CRINGE

Lmao just because you are having some kind of early life crisis spawned out of inaction, neglect and laziness certainly doesn't make videogames any less enjoyable or inspirational to those of us responsible enough to handle our day to day life and keep our shit together.

What you think by running as fast and hard enough in the opposite direction as you can you've stumbled upon some holy, unquestionable great truths? What a laugh. Good on you for trying to fix your shit life, but don't think you know a thing or two about what's good and what isn't just because YOU have been waiting your time. You can blame the material things all you want, but there is only one person at fault.

good luck bro! you wont always feel the motivation and excitement you do now, so try and put some systems in place that will help you keep on the right path. im very envious of you. go forth and achieve!!

but what purpose does that serve

you'll just think to yourself "wow that's neat" and keep watching

it'll just make you feel cooler because you understand the reference and context. makes you feel better about yourself or something..

>smoothies, ravioli, salads, and a little pizza

Is that what you think eating properly is?

Welp, you rolled both, so now he fails.

GoT is a piece of shit at this point. Meme show trying to create as much shock value as possible by killing as many characters as possible. Read the fucking books.

>Talking to "hoes" is productivity.

Kill yourself.

>OP thinks he's gonna turn into an alpha by throwing away his video games
>instead of just being a beta without video games
If you don't already have the face, height and frame you will never become an alpha

>...wh..wha I have no counter argument! I know I'll just not reply at all to their argument and spout something stupid..yeah that'll show them.

Are you seriously comparing video games to drug addiction?

>Women will NEVER be with a guy that justifies his "hobby" of sitting down and tuning out from reality for hours at a time so he can progress his virtual kill death ratio in a video game that will just be replaced in a few months by the sequel.

If you try to adjust your hobbies and lifestyle to what you think women's preferences are you will never ever be desired by a woman. They hate that.

I don't know where you got that idea from, either. I mean, most men in their 20s play video games in this day and age. It isn't an obscure hobby reserved for neckbeards anymore, which is why its quality is plummeting down.

>Ambitious goal oriented people don't blow their time worthlessly pushing buttons on a controller while they sit dead faced in front of a tv. No. No one in the real adult world has time for toys like video games because generally speaking, people past the age of 16 start to realize what life is about and video games don't fall into that discussion.

You seem to have no idea what ambitious and successful people are like. Few of them are obsessed with their goals to the extent they abstain from things they enjoy doing. Most are normal people who spend their free time doing whatever they find fun.

>finish hs diploma
>join a gym (any gym, even meme fitness gym)
>get a short haircut and shave neckbeard, unless you can pull a nice short beard off.
>practice good hygene from now on
>go on a good clean protein dominant diet for them gains
>attend a trade school after hs or take college courses from community college for social gains/getting out the house excuses
>dont drink, its just another form of smoking if you think about it (to get intoxicated somehow)

You can still get with 18yr/17yr old pussy if you go to the right college, young young pussy is weird to me now and im 23. Dont act autistic around people/girls. Dont get over attached to people, enjoy the presence and then when they arent around you, focus on yourself (gym/work/side money/social gains on instagram)..

You can quit all that cold turkey, ive done it. I just suck at eating healthy. But you might bounce around your old habits here and there, its mostly finding a balance where you mostly are doing productive things instead of wasting time on the internet such as Veeky Forums.

This thread made me delete steam, not the arguments against playing video games, but the ones that promoted video games, really made me think about how pointless this hobby is. I'm gonna start with the Greeks now.