/plg/ - powerlifting general

Back health edition

Don't forget to care for your back because it loves you but sometimes needs support

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hL3CVpu8zN8
youtu.be/h3n8z1wy_SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zR6441fFLdo
youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE
android.com/versions/name-n/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't care for my back and now out relationship will never be the same again.

I love your thorac stabilisers, please don't leave me.

delusional alcocuck is delusional

Get cancer and die, Sean.

Go fuck your ugly ass wife Buda

> unironically not running dank dietmars

facebrah I filmed from behind with heels visible today but dont have time to upload it, maybe tomorrow

cya

I don't get the top one, why do you need the band when you've got a perfectly good ass?

Tim burger burger does it and he pulls like a mad man and has never hurt his back ever.

I included it because it may be black magic I do t know

Still the sheiko noob here lads. What about muh shoulder and elbow health? Isley was right, yesterday was my first workout and I could barely do anything after I was done. Would just some unweighted pullups on off days (maybe not before deadlift day) be helpful yet not damaging to my recovery?

Thank you love you good bye!
Greater stretch effect, afaik. A bit of distraction as well.

>goodlift
Why the fuck is everything perpetually "pending"?

Why can't I find the meets on the site under "The Lifter's Records"?

What is the difference between "nomination" and "Results"?

Just what is the point of this shitty fucking site

Tbh I think his back is just made of some indestructible substance unknown to science.

>no time
>literally put the phone it your pocket and let it do the job

wot

Reposting pr because happy

wow nice long arms, obesity and shit form, you must've worked really hard for that deadlift!

>cared for my back like a tender lover
>Tore erector doing light volume work
?????

Pending is when the results from the drug tests are not finished yet.

Good job senpai

At least your spine is ok
Mines not

...Alex?

Gibbs training squat and deadlift maxes are significantly higher than competition lifts. He has a 300 squat, 320 deadlift. Why the discrepancy?

Again, how tight is your belt?

My man clean up your room

Good job regardless

>have perfect form
>injure yourself nonetheless
>that guy who who's stronger than you lifting with atrocious form
>"nah, never had any problems"
>he's never even had tendinitis, while you're unable to recover no matter how much time you take off and tweak form
Fuck genetics.

Daily reminder that Dietmar Wolf says a good realistic and conservative progress is 2.5 % every three months on a a lift.

He's fat. Look at Norse's stomach with belt on. The belt needs to be tight against the abdominal wall, not with the fat, or you'll just be bracing into the jello that is your fat belly.

>have perfect form
:^)

Is he that dude doing max effort Hack squat doubles and cheat curls and shit in his basement?

Very tight, the unsightly bulges are because a) I'm fat and b) I used to be about 300lbs and have some loose skin issues

ty friend

I actually rent with three other roommates, they own 90% of the shit in the garage and I just get my little homegym corner. I'm going to be getting my own studio sometime this year though, then I'll have a nice tidy, comfy homegym.

The secret to not injuring yourself, from scientific peer reviewed studies, is literally two things
>don't have any muscle imbalanences
>have some god damn hip mobility

Since injuring myself I've done a lot of research and these 2 things crop up all the fucking time.

pls cut

Yes lol he's never injured his back because he has good mobility and no muscle imbalances.

If a few easy sets of pull ups are what would push you over the edge, lifting might not be for you.

Do whatever you want and whatever you can. AKA just lift man.

>hip mobility
Why do I need this if I can perform the movements with no mobility issues?

ignore the memers saying its your fault, it's genes
i know, trust me.

WHAT THE FUCK
>click on YouTube video
>accidentally click on side bar video
>click back button immediately
>video I wanted to watch loads up
>title there and everything
>video starts playing. It's a video from the guy I've seen before
>assume it's a re upload with a funny twist or something
>watch whole thing
>it's the exact same video I've seen
>check comments and nobody else is surprised by this
>refresh page
>entirely different video loads
-
FFS. It played the video I accidentally clicked on but showed me the original video title and description and comments.

Something to do with putting load on your spine.

I've got a building disc or something, I've done a shit load of research and hip mobility seems to be the causing factor of lower back issues all the time.
Eric burgerburger says it's how he keeps his spine safe.

I don't know the science behind it, I just know it's a real issue

I agree.

>1pl8
>PR
Lmfaoin @ u

Genes do Not exist in strength sports.
Also everyone can get a 400 Wilks in 2 years.
If you cant then you just don't want it as much as me.

That's it I'm now going by how long I've been going to a gym, not how long I've been bulking.

Let's see. I've paid for my gym 3x. I pay every 3 months so I've been going to the gym for 7-8 months about.

This means I've achieved 2/3/4 in 8 months

Therefore I'd say that's alright. I'd say I am quite good at this sport.

you squat less than you bench?

I keep forgetting to say 3/2/4

check this thread

First meet tomorrow. What do you guys eat on meet day?

Meat on meat day

peanut butter jelly works well enough

What's the hip mobility plan? The op pic?

All the images, probably less so the bottom left.

Reminder that if your body produces it naturally, it's not really a PED.

Dude, reverse hypers are GOAT of all time for lumbar problems.

That's why I included them in my picture?

So protein is a PED, since essential amino acids cannot be produced in the body?

I eat 3 cans of sardines ~110g protein and a ton of salt

But why would you not just constantly hammer them? Stretching is really good but strengthening is important too.

Basically if it's made out of elements, it's natural. That's what I'm getting at.

>he doesn't know taking protein is banned
Screenshotted and sent to the WADA.

>Two other concepts must be emphasized at this point. First, training approaches intended to enhance athletic performance are often counterproductive to the approaches used when training for health. Too many patients are rehabilitated using athletic philosophies, or worse yet “body building” approaches designed primarily to isolate and hypertrophy specific muscles, and in so doing thwart progress. Many bad backs are created from using inappropriate performance philosophies. Identifying the training objectives is paramount. The emphasis here is on enhancing spine health – training for performance is another topic. Second, many of the training approaches that are used at joints such as the knee, hip, shoulder etc are mistakenly applied for the back. The back is a very different, and complex structure, involving a flexible column, with complex muscle and ligamentous support. The spine contains the spinal cord and lateral nerve roots, and whose musculature is intimately involved in several other functions including breathing mechanics, to give just one example. Many of the traditional approaches for training other joints in the body are not appropriate for the back – either they do not produce the desired result or they create new patients.

Source:
Enhancing Low Back Health through stabilization exercise Stuart M. McGill, Professor (Spine Biomechanics), University of Waterloo

>no mention of reverse hypers

It doesn't need to?

The point I'm trying to get across is that reverse hypers are good, but in terms of preventing injuries and fixing existing spine injuries you should be looking primarily into rehabilitation and mobility.

I've tread the west side barbell story about how he fixed his back with just reverse hypers every day, and how he proved the doctor he didn't need surgery.
Then broke his back again a few months later....

Reverse hypers are good, but they shouldn't be all you do for back injuries or preventing back injuries.

I'd argue hip mobility is far more important for preventing them in the first place,

OK, I need some enlightenment on DUP. I literally can't find anything on it on the net. It's mostly click-bait fitness sites that use templates like this :

Monday: 4X5 @80%, Wednesday: 5X3 @85%, Friday: 6X2+ @87.5%

There is no clarification on how to progress, no RPE anywhere, no accessory recommendations/ways of implementation. So is getting coaching by Mike T the only way to get a program like this (so it's all a huge marketing tactic that became a meme along the way?) or there is actual info out there that I can't seem to find?

Fucking sheiko was rough today. Squats always get me man.

oh okay dont actually disagree then

Ok cool

Dr. Mike Zourdos.

What are some good hip mobility exercises I can do on rest days?

Gee I dnt know

If only there was a pic showing 2 of them in the op or somfin

>last day of my first year at uni
>can hear everyone having fun
>have no friends so just drinking alone and shitposting
l-livin' the dream lads

youtube.com/watch?v=hL3CVpu8zN8

This one is good for hip flexion

Not him cuckmaster. I'm a different person that wishes you to receive the gift of cancer.

its for actual ipf as in international not affiliates

>The Lifter's Records
only ipf aka international shown

>nomination
result from nationals used as a nomination to compete at worlds

>Results
results from worlds

he got 2 squats red lighted at the arnold for squat so that will stop you in your tracks and im fairly sure he done 320 dead at the arnold, went for 330 and missed

>progress gets faster the stronger you get
FUCKING YES, THIS IS ALL IVE WANTED TO HEAR

Just made a thing that I think most of you will enjoy.

Should answer a lot of questions in a quick and easy to understand manner.

Interdasting v interdasting, I should probably grab a copy.

Mike Z, Greg Fuckols, EMG2DUP

I agree, but I'd like to add something:
Let's not forget another of the latissimus dorsi's function: scapular depression. By depressing the scapula before and during the pull, you can artificially shorten the moment arm acting on your torso, giving you better leverages

LATS IN ANY EXERCISE ARE A MEME

Fucking retard

This is haphazard, like some silly puzzle. I don't understand what the end message is, if you should or should round thoracic back.
And fig 1., trying to keep the lats activated and bar close to shins is how I pulled my erector. Never again, doesn't feel natural, like the bar wants to get further out from my shins, and if I don't let it, upper back rounds for some reason.

Guess what? Your form is shit and the other guy's form is correct.

Watch this if you haven't. May be helpful.
youtu.be/h3n8z1wy_SQ

This guy is the authority of spine health

>tfw 6'4 but of perfectly proportional build so have literally no mechanical advantages
WHY EVEN BOTHER

1. You can pack on more muscle
2. Wilks favours SHW lifters

proportions don't matter
if you're talented you'll be good no matter what

How much ibuprofen does /plg/ supplement daily?

Doesn't that destroy your stomach lining?

None.

Yes. Take too much and you'll be shitting blood.

>tfw already weigh nearly 120kg but shit turtle
But my limb lengths suck because of this, arms too long to help with bench, too short to help with deads etc.

For what purpose?

I have.

That too.
But I kinda wanted to focus the image on explaining the point of the shoulder extension, and explaining how it interacts with the spine. It's something that's not very well explained or talked about anywhere.

You shouldn't round your spine. That's the safe answer.

However, there are many strong deadlifters who do it.
Here's a vid on it: youtube.com/watch?v=zR6441fFLdo
The picture explains why and how this works. But then again, it's rounding of the spine. So unless you're sure about it, the safest option is simply having strong lats and using them properly during the deadlift.

>trying to keep the lats activated and bar close to shins is how I pulled my erector

Are you sure you were doing it correctly?
Have you watched this youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE

>arms too long to help with bench, too short to help with deads etc
So they're not long arms, but average arms. Are you going to say your torso is long so it's bad for deadlifts and your femurs are long so bad for squats too?

DUP is not a magical secret to secret gains.
It's what's already in use for 90% of the intermediate and advanced programs.

It's simply varying the volume and intensity between the workouts.

The reason most of the articles on it are clickbait, is because those websites are trying to turn it into a magical secret to super gains.
When it's pretty much just standard programming theory.

Yes.
None. NSAIDs, despite being easy to buy, shouldn't be taken like they're nothing. They can and -will- fuck up your stomach and kidneys if you take too much.

>The reason most of the articles on it are clickbait, is because those websites are trying to turn it into a magical secret to super gains.
Although to be fair most normies are forever on retarded splits, so even recommending they do not lift the same weights for the same volume every workout is revolutionary to them.

All of my body is "average" relatively speaking, but above average in absolute terms, that's the point. I'm like a scaled up version of your average manlet, so it's exactly the same except slightly longer moment arms, really shit

True story.

Just use the image attached and just pick different protocol.

Ideally go from high to low reps through the week, or wave them.

>Are you sure you were doing it correctly?
Obviously not, but that was because I was never able to have a barpath like Mike T demonstrates. It would cause my upper-mid back to round, and I could feel the flexion of it. Trying to mitagate that while still activating lats would cause the bar to move out from my shins, under my shoulders instead of scapula.

Now I just pull with my lumbar and hips as a cue, and everything upper seems to slip into place.

Vote for Norsefat lads

android.com/versions/name-n/

>NSAIDs, despite being easy to buy
But doctors will prescribe them long-term. I've had prescriptions of naproxen for 15-days for minor stuff.

holy fuck you are retarded

what are your other lifts / body weight?