Powerlifting vs. Olympic Lifting

Can somebody explain to me why ANYBODY would choose to pursue olympic lifting rather than powerlifting?

Not only do you need to be on steroids to be COMPETITIVE in oly lifting, but you need to spend hours and hours practicing form with just the bar like a pussy. Olympic Lifting is such a joke that four top lifters are getting BUSTED because they were forced to hop on juice to stay conpetitive LOL.

On the other hand, powerlifting is a display of raw strength and power instead of oly lifting faggy athletic movements. On top of this the exercises are easier to learn and you don't need to hire a $1000 a month coach to show you how to just perform the movements with the bar. AND ON TOP OF THAT you don't need to take steroids to be competitive.

Your move, olyboos, prove me wrong cuhcks.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_(physics)
youtube.com/watch?v=0Zm5lEzqWSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You do need to be on gear to be competitive in high levels of powerlifting just like high levels of oly lifting

you don't have to be on gear for local meets for either so its the same there

plus its more fun to do huge movements with massive amounts of weight rather than 3 movements with minimal rom

first for memes

>local meets
>implying thar matters

I bet you think the only thing that matters is getting new personal PRs on competition instead of actually winning you complete beta

if local meets don't matter then you need to be on PEDs either way to be competitive

>being this delusional

Not in the nonshit feds

Powerlifting is the most autistic strength sport by far
Strongman>Weightlifting>>>>>>Powerlifting

oh yeah the feds that are just like the olympics where they get tested
that must mean they are all natty

You don't need to juice to be competitive shit for brains

WOW, literally the most retarded thing i ever saw on Veeky Forums

as if it didn't need to be said.

then why do you need to juice to be a weightlifter? You said yourself it's technique based, not raw strength. But I say if you want raw strength and power then be a strongman. Can't cheat a loglift or a stone carry

strongman is pretty based

It's just so much more fun than the others
Powerlifting has some really impressive feats of strength but it just doesn't compare to a head-to-head Atlas Stone finish or pulling a C-130

olympic lifters are legitimate athletes.

powerlifters are fatass hobbyists

>"powerlifting"
>having anything to do with "power"

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_(physics)
>In physics, power is the rate of doing work. It is the amount of energy consumed per unit time.

Powerlifters are, ironically, some of the least powerful "athletes" in all of strength sports.

>high competitive level of powerlifting
>not on gear
pick one

Fucking this

Never seen any powerlifters make a 40" vertical jump. Powerlifting is a fucking joke.

Yes you do

>you don't need to take steroids to be competitive in powerlifting

You can't be srs.

>you
>reading comprehension
pick one

legit power
youtube.com/watch?v=0Zm5lEzqWSM

It's not fucking oly lifting it's weightlifting you idiots.
Oly lifting is what they do because they're in the OLYMPICS, not because of the lifts performed

>60" box jump.webm

Stop living vicariously user. What do YOU do?

>le all top lifters are on gear meme
Quiet child

>Quiet child
actually, this
People have qualified for WSM natty

You are a tremendous faggot if you do anything but Strongman.

Powerlifting to Olympic weightlifting is like the WCW to Olympic wrestling. Olympic weightlifting actually requires athleticism, flexibility, mobility, technique and strength. Powerlifting doesn't care about any of this shit which is why it's shit.

not going that far, but it is the best strength sport
Balances strength and athleticism perfectly IMO, you have a genuine variety of body types and skill sets that can be successful

I thought tripfags are supposed to be somewhat knowledgeable on the sports they participate in. You honestly think the top powerlifters aren't on gear? You can't be serious. You should probably delete that comment before you lose all the credibility you've never had

he can't even squat to depth
tripfags are fucking retarded desu

They don't want to be fat fucks.

>boardshorts out of all people talking about steroids in PL

I agree with you but FUCKING KEK

Only lifting is hardest to get into and requires lots of repetition of the same 3 movements at lighter weights.

Power lifting is easier to get into and requires lots of repetition of the same 3 movements.

Strongman is harder to get into, but you get to do it outside in the sun and do a wide variety of events.

From my expirence strongmen are the friendliest of the bunch. Maybe because we are the least popular, can't be dicks to each other or noobs.

Natty until proven fraud. Didn't a bunch of oly chinamen just fail a bunch of drug tests?

The top competitors from first world countries are probably natty in PL.

You're just user

As far as I can tell,you don't even lift

Lmao fucking twink go back to Veeky Forums

for the first half of that webm I though that was a woman

Strongman, like geared powerlifting, also practically demands that you train with a crew. That tends to weed out the worst of the arseholes unless they're running the gym.

Tbh I like PL because it's so accessible. You can train it at pretty much any gym with a barbell and the technique isn't nearly as complex. It's also bigger than weightlifting in most of Western Europe and North America, so the meets aren't as empty.

As an amateur PL is perfect because it doesn't require the same commitment as WL does to reach a similar level.

this guy is right

Where I live is almost impossible to find a WL gym or coaches. While you can train PL almost anywhere and by yourself.

Sure WL is better, but PL has no deadline (in WL you peak around 25yo after training 15 years). You can be 60 and still doing PL meets as a senior.