Qtddtot

How much does skipping a day hurt a regimen? I've been doing starting strength, been working well, but due to my gyms location and taking care of my daughter because her mom is fucking worthless I've had to skip a day here and there. I go right into it the next day, for example if I to skip my workout b I would do workout b the next day. Is this critical or will I be fine if I am consistent otherwise?

Other urls found in this thread:

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/06/starting-strength-style-workout-take.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15656873
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

:(

>On cut
>Weigh myself
>225 lbs.
>Fat as fuck
>Eat breakfast
>Get back on scale an hour later
>223

scientifically, that is happening in this hour?

Your scale is probably not that accurate.

Or you took a crap in the meantime and forgot to account for that.

am i still a virgin if i fucked a guy in the ass but havent seen a vagina irl yet

I wanna say yes.... so yes

You're fine dude

i need a new scale, pref cheap as fuck

please help

No, anal sex is definitely proper sex.

Thanks. Just wanted that reassurance and to start a thread

Best exercises to develop traps (muscles not boipussy)?

Milk yes or no? I'm cutting and can fit it into macros, but I swear I feel a little gut coming on from drinking it

If you think you can make it fit, go ahead, but swapping to something like almond milk would give you way more flexibility in your caloric budget.

How are potatoes for when you are bulking vs cutting

Going to into SS. How important is a spotter? Also how important are the rack and bench or will I be ok at first just getting a barbell. Gym isn't an option

I've found dumbbell shrugs work. I imagine most movements that use shoulders have a good chance of trap development
Spotters are a luxury, not a necessity. That being said, you should never try a hit a new pr (personal record) without one. Don't do weight you know you'll have shakey form with. If you're going heavy, and THINK you can bust out one more rep, dont. Only go for reps you KNOW you can push. The difference between thinking and knowing if you can hit a rep comes with time and experience, which is why spotters are good for beginners.

I would get a bench first, then the rack. The rack is basically like a spotter in the sense that you can go heavy and if you fuck up you can just set the weight down, and i already explained how a spotter isnt a necessity.

I disagree completely with the previous poster on trying to hit PRs. Every lift can be failed safely without a spotter. Learn how, and you'll know how to truly push yourself.

Veeky Forums, is it lame to flex my muscles with my bros in front of the mirrors of the gym?

Do I really need to back squat, if I do squat stance* deadlifts and front squats?
*standing with legs just over shoulder width apart and arms in between, not sumo-stance wide

Also, do I need to do face pulls if I do cable rows with my palms facing up? Since the point of face pulls is rear delts and external rotation?

Good for both, I find potatoes filling on a cut with relatively low calories

I started 10ish months ago and i havent maid any progress in 4 months, im trying to cut but i live with my obese mom who actively discourages me from working out and eating healthy, should i just do body recomp? what program is best suited with that? should i do a 6 day ppl? or just 3 day full body.

If you're cutting, 3 day full body. Give each day a lower move, a press, a pull, and 2ish accessory lifts you think necessary.
If you're cutting you should expect your lifts to stagnate eventually. And look into IIFYM to try to make whatever unhealthy shit you have available work for you.

how much should I spend on a gym membership? What needs to be in their specifically?

Core is becoming a weak point in my main lifts.
Thinking of hypermaximal front rack holds for high-intensity-low reps and Pallof presses for low-intensity-high-reps.
Yes?

What should I'm stuck on the squat due to technique issues?

I've been lifting for three months and progessed fine from the empty bar up until 125lbs where it just became impossible to move the bar without killing myself and as I've found out I'm turning the squat into a good morning

Should I start over from a very low weight so I can build up the proper muscles?

I thought having high insertions was good, so I was proud of mine despite never having actually worked out, I just lurk a lot.
Turns out having high insertions is shitty, but is there any actual benefit to having high insertions, or is it all disadvantage?

yes do back squats u fckng faggot

Unless you legitimately have a physical problem that prevents you from squatting, then there is no excuse to back squat. Neither of those "replacements" fully replace squats.

neglecting back squats is something only done by retarded frat boys, total gym noob faggots, and fucking pussies.

Badasses squat.

So I guess if you dont want to be a badass at your gym back squatting 4pl8 that has the attention of everyone in the gym (given some years' practice), then dont back squat. Youll be called a pussy everywhere though

As much as you value the gym. Going 3 days a week = 10 dollars; 5-6 days = 40 dollars; just look for the size of the gym since a packed gym is just plain uncomfortable, innit?

read the sticky. it tells you that your weight will vary by 5 lbs throughout the day man.

bro having a spotter is very important. you generally wanna try to go up 5 lbs per week or 2. that being said. you can never go full out and do SS proper. the idea is to fail on your 6th rep.

your wrong. spotters is fucking important. wtf

minimum is a bench that can readjust the rack so that you can turn it backwards and do your squats and OHP from it too

I did this but failing squats is super sketchy with no catch. its best to get a basic squat rack and a bench

I need to get much faster times for a 1 km (0.62 miles) race.

I know muscle mass and explosiveness are important for the shortest runs (100m) and a disadvantage for the longest ones (marathons). I'm guessing they'd be good for 0.62 miles, right?

What kind of exercises would be recommended? Just general strength/bodybuilding stuff like squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc?

>How important is a spotter?
Not important at all unless you like to do stupid shit on regular basis, such as attempting a high risk lift that you're not even 80% sure you can make.

You don't NEED to do anything. Do whatever you like. Exercises are tools and each exercise is suited for certain things. Always know why you're doing a given exercise.

Most gyms have the basics. I recommend you try different gyms over the years to try out different kinds of equipment and see what you like.
A bunch of squat racks, benches, barbells and heavy dumbbells are an absolute must-have.
Bonus points for weightlifting stuff, strongman stuff, gymnastics stuff, and exotic bodybuilding machines.

Only one way to find out.

Never take the big barbell lifts beyond the point of technical breakdown. Not only does it ruin motor learning and therefore strength gains, but you're also just fucking yourself because if you manage to get a weight up only because your cheated, then you only got stronger on paper - And then next session you'll even have to try to beat that "fake" lift, and then it's going to look even worse.
Don't try to lift a weight you're not strong enough to lift. Patience.

>high insertions
That's not really a term. Depending on what you mean by "high", it can be good or bad depending on the muscle in question.

My weightloss slows down extremely or just stops after 4-5 weeks. No im not sneaking in calories, there is no real explanation, it just is.

How long you think i would have to eat at maintenance to reset and get another 4 weeks? 3 days? a week? two?

When you get smaller you start consuming less, so you need to cut calories more and more. There is no reset button, just getting fatter again.

yea youre right
i mean im 66kg and eat 1.5k calories, losing 1kg/week before when i was at 72. Now im at 0. my TDEE is clealry down 1k calories.

How does body recomposition works? Can I eat at manteinance and lift, without increasing my lifts and expect something?

>without increasing my lifts and expect something?
No. The goal is to keep pushing up your lifts while only eating at maintenance. Over time body recomp will happen.
If you can't get your lifts up, nothing happens. Obviously actually getting your lifts up is the hard part when you only eat at maintenance and can take a good deal longer than if you're bulking.

Basically if you go from being able to do e.g. 4x8x100 to 5x10x120 then you can be pretty sure you've built some muscle in the process. If your bodyweight hasn't gone noticably up, then you also burned a good deal of fat in the process.

Dumbbell Shrugs, barbell shrugs, hell even Smith machine shrug. Just do them on back day, really quick gains because of their insertion points.

Barring buying and bringing my own microplates to the gym, what are my options for SS with plates only as small as 1.25kg?

Beginner. Do I have to train my traps in order for them to not end up being small? I do deadlifts, OHP and bent-over rows but my traps never hurt after a workout. Do I have to start incorporating shrugs or something?

OHP today, my left arm/shoulder lagged behind the right on the last reps.
Suppose i have some inbalance. Will it fix itself as long as i actually complete the reps or should i lower weight?

Beginner power lifter here, Making some nice strength gains at the club i'm with but i seem to be having a issue when dead lifting.

I'm fine for the first few warm up sets but once i get to the actual reps my lower back/glutes are crazy tight and painful. I must be lifting with my back and not my legs which im working on but is there any way to ensure my back doesn't get to that stage of pain?

Sorry if i'm being retarded.

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/06/starting-strength-style-workout-take.html

Is this a good version of SS?

Looks like just some variation of SS. Should work.

Hurting doesn't mean anything. DOMS is just the side effect of handling eccentric loads your body hasn't yet adapted to.

If you're dead lifting correctly and getting in the shrug upward at the top of the press, your traps are being worked. In fact, at the top of the press your traps are what's holding the weight up.

I use dumbbells and a bench only and am cutting. What is the best rep range for my main lifts? 6-8 cause on a cut or 8-12 since I won't be able to go as heavy as with barbells. Confused

Oh, cool. Didn't know that.

Anyone here ever have to dump their girlfriend to acquire gains with less distractions?
>be me, late 2015
>6ft tall, 190lbs
>awkward skinnyfat lank
Basically I started spending more time with my grill. I stopped doing SS, so so could sleep in and tap dat ass
>be me, now, in 2016
>6ft tall, 210lbs
>I don't wanna live this way
Help me, Veeky Forums. I think I might love this grill, but she's a terrible influence. If I dump her, would I be following the proven steps of many Veeky Forumsizens?

Why do you need to stop working out in order to fuck her? Are you railing her ass 24/7, can't you find the time to spare 40 minutes at the gym?

If she actually doesn't want you to go to the gym, she's bad influence. If you're the cuck who puts her first and neglects his workout, you're the problem.

When you have a scab you're supposed to avoid putting lotion on or making it soft, right?

But when the scab is gone and there's just slightly raw red skin, what do you do? Put cream on or leave it?

Never done weighted dips before, I can do probably about 15-20 unweighted. I say probably as I never do them from fresh, usually do 5x8 near the end of my workout

How much should I add at the start? 10kg? I weigh 72kg, 5'10

Also my gym doesn't have a weighted belt and shit so I was just going to put a dumbell in my backpack and dip. Would that fuck my back?

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while now and this is my first post.
Yes I've read the sticky a bunch of times.
Now my question is: where do I start if I'm skinny fat? I have a bit of a belly, but my arms are like 2 noodles, and I'm weak as fuck (my legs are strong tho)
So should I cut or bulk? I also feel like I can't start lifting weights if I'm this weak, maybe start doing pushups and shit like that?

Trying to add a bunch of weight to your dips right off the bat is actually a common mistake. Consider the fact that even 7 kg is a whopping 10% weight increase.
Of course you can add as much weight as you like, just make sure you're not sacrificing good form or depth in order to do so.

Whether you choose to cut or bulk (hate those terms) try to stick to an energy intake that isn't that much above or below your TDEE. And be sure to get enough protein. If you're on a good program and focus on getting your numbers up, you will find that you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time.
Start with the basic barbell lifts, even if you have to use the empty barbell. It's the most efficient way.

Whats better on a cut, SS or cardio?

>tfw go to the gym with a minor sore throat and cough expecting to squat 215 5x3 but barely get it up for 2

Why does this happen? Immune system tells CNS to be weak or something?

Plenty of research done on this matter. Resistance training beats cardio every time.
More lean mass = greater BMR.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15656873

When you started off, how long was it before seeing any sort of gains?

Do I have to db bench? I love bb benching, do it twice a week, but I fucking hate db benching. Will bb bench suffice for development?

That's not what he asked. He asked what kind of workout will burn the most calories. Yes, more lean mass means more calories burnt. But the act of doing SS will not increase his lean mass instantaneously or even at all during a cut. Cardio burns significantly more calories in a shorter period of time.

Do cardio but also do SS. You should always be lifting, but cardio will benefit your cut and your overall health.

Fuck wrong person

What routine are you doing? If you're doing a routine from the sticky like you should be, I doubt any of them tell you to do db bench. They work the exact same thing. It's like doing barbell bench again on the same day as barbell bench. Drop it from your routine and do flys instead.

1 year. Bulk up, cut down, see the results. Hang in there brah

I'm doing a revised version of PHAT. I'm not new (2/3/4/5) but I am a roider now and my understanding is db bench is useful on the juice. I just fucking hate it, it's not fun.

>even at all during a cut
If he's doing SS then he's a beginner. If he's a beginner then he can increase his lean mass while cutting. Other than that I guess I agree with what you're saying. But my point was that having a higher BMR is so much more effective than trying to burn the fat off through increased activity (unless you go completely ham)

Get a gym membership. Planet fitness is $10/month. My local community center is also $10/month. Shop around. To answer your question, find a dumbbell routine either in the sticky or through Google and do that. Don't try to make up your own shit.

It comes down to how you perform your bench presses actually. The way I do my barbell bench presses really only gives me size increases in the outer and lower portion of my pecs for example. That means I need other exercises to work the rest of my pecs. For me, incline dumbbell presses done in a certain manner accomplishes that.

People tend to argue a lot over which exercise is better for this or that, but they forget (or don't realize?) that there is more than one way to do any given exercise.

>Planet fitness is $10/month.

What are you asking? If your gym has them, then you can use them. If not, you buy your own or use the smallest increments your gym does have.

Oh I gotcha. Have you tried doing incline?

I bulked for about 2 years, then cut from January-March. Then I didn't go the the gym at all from March to now. I've lost 35lbs since 2015 and probably 10lbs was muscle.
Should I go back on SS, or do a pushpull or what? How do you 'restart' your gains?

Tap dat ass? Son, if you want to SMASH that ass you need to go straight back to SS. If you gee eff doesn't realise this, wait for a solid rest day and re-educate her.

Shit, half the reason I wanted to be strong was so I could throw chicks around in bed.

No, you don't increase your lean mass from noob gains. Noob gains are strength gains from mastering form and adaptations of your CNS. If he's obese, he may see some lean gains. But if he's skinny fat like most of the general population, his lean mass won't increase at a deficit. Increasing BMR through lean mass gains takes months to years. It may benefit his next cutting cycle, but it'll do shit all for this one.

I have a small amount of gyno and I'm a skinny dude (6'0, 153). Will bulking up and working on my chest alot make it "disappear"?

Is there any specific foam rollers I should get? I notice there's some that are balls and some that are long like noodles. Some that are smooth and some witb bumps

Also where the fuck can I buy Liquid chalk in a store? Or is it m only online?

Pretty quick desu. You get a lot stronger very quickly as your body adjusts to weightlifting

I also noticed a visible difference as you get a pump from muscle swelling post workout hat you obviously won't have had before

How is 24 hour fitness? People seem to shit all over it on the Internet but is it really that bad?

>Noob gains are strength gains from mastering form and adaptations of your CNS
It's true that neurological adaptations are a big part of the reason behind the rapid strength gains people see when they first start training. However that's not actually what "noob gains" refers to (although to be fair I suppose everyone is free to make up his own definition of what "noob gains" is).
Noob gains simply means that the further you are from your individual lifetime potential, the easier it is to make progress. If you have almost no muscle compared to what you can potentially hope to build, then building a bit of muscle will be quite easy and not take a lot of effort. And it's very doable on a deficit, albeit a bit slower than otherwise, of course.

Anyone at all?

I usually do 30 minutes of cardio before I lift. Is there any benefit to this? Is it better to do it after I lift? Someone at the gym told me that running doesn't actually do anything for the body and that I should be cranking the slope and walking instead. Any truth to this?

>skip deadlifts for 2 weeks because I fell and hurt my ass out hiking
>return to them today
>went up by 15kg
?

So, I'm 30

Is it too late to fix my forward head posture?

Thats how str training work. Just do what you did but increase weights 2-5%, rest and try a new pr.

going to take mdma tonight

going to lift on monday
how will my lifts be affected

I need answers on this:

What's the biggest deficit one can maintain while cutting without losing muscle? Considering that you:

-Get enough protons
-Lift heavy

I've been on a 600kcal deficit this week. Any more than this and will I be losing muscle?

If I eat my normal caloric intake for the day and do like, 500 kcals worth of cardio and then eat 500 kcals of junk food, is it as if nothing happened?

I haven't worked out in about 2 months due to doctor recommendation, but I realize that the only thing that is going to help my (very minor) condition is some minor surgery.
What % of my old 5RM weights should I be doing now? Do I just feel it out or can I start hitting pretty high percentage right off the bat?

Is a physique like klokovs only possible with roids?

you weigh 2 plates. nice.

20 to 25% caloric deficit of your tdee. If u can maintain around those percentages u will lose minimal muscle.

lmao is this a real question?

too high hopes

HELP i think i fucked my wrist when i slammed it in a unrelated accident but the thing is i cant do lifts that involve grabbing shit with my hand anymore.

all of my other muscles are fine is there any way i can continue to train my upper body?

all i thought about so far is doing machine flyes

Could someone remind me of the name of the clapping pushup variant, where your feet also leave the ground? Like, you maintain a plank into the air, instead of just your upper body going upwards?

I've tried google, but I cannot find any info on this exercise

I'm 5'9 170lbs and kind of "thick" but not straight up fat

I don't mind my weight as it is if I can keep adding muscle and progressing my numbers

Can I keep my body fat percentage roughly the same on a 200-300 calorie surplus? I resolved to go on a cut but I' m realizing I'd rather focus on exhausting noob strength gains than just spinning my wheels trying to drop bodyfat

I was fucking my gf last night (shes 14 im 21) and right b4 cumming she said she would love if I had bigger arms. I jizzed on her face and started thinking: what if im not big enough physically for her? I fear that I might have body dismorphia. How do i overcome it?

Also how to overcome stalled OHP?

foam roll, when to use it?
prior to stretching?
after stretching?

How much protein am I actually getting from a rather generic whey protein powder? It say that there is 25g of protein per scoop, but how much of that is actually digested and usable by my body? I usually put 4 scoops in my shake for the morning and make up the rest of my protein intake through diet. Is this safe/effective?