Can someone explain how:

can someone explain how:

>need 5-7 days rest for muscles for optimum muscle growth after a good workout, rest days are sacred

>several routines recommend workouts that have muscle groups overlapping with 2-3 days between them

push/pull/legs routines seem to be the main offender here

just a dude tryin to make optimal gains but there's so much contradictory information and shit written by people just trying to sell their book out there

Just lift heavy and eat big everyones routine works

yeah but one's gotta be the best, otherwise there wouldn't be shit like convict fucking conditioning

it largely depends on the individual. Don't be afraid to experiment.

as far as gains go I've always preferred 20 rep squats (i.e. "breathing" squats) over just about anything, but you can't do those for too long or you'll go stale.

Maybe try a 4 days a week routine? Something like;

>Chest, shoulders and quads
>Back, biceps and hamstrings

ABxxAB, AxBxAxB, however you want to do it. 1-2 exercises per bodypart, 2-3 sets per bodypart. Few sets of curls and dips at the end of the sesh, calves and abs on your rest days and you should be good for at least a couple months of solid gains.

>>Chest, shoulders and quads
>>Back, biceps and hamstrings

lol

>Bench, OHP and skwatz
>Rows/pullups, curls and diddlylifts

a-are you still triggered senpai?

Everyones body is also entirely different, there are a lot of amazing workouts that cater to a select few as niche, but work in general for a good majority of the population, though with less results.
You really need to stick to a plan you are intrigued by and follow it ritually. If you aren't achieving the gains that other Anons are even though you follow the plan, switch to another plan.

Brosplit worked in my case, gained great aesthetics. Turned it into my own plan by adding exercises for my physical activities. Looks less aesthetic, but better at the things I enjoy. So i found a balance.

>need 5-7 days rest for muscles for optimum muscle growth after a good workout
this is plain untrue, where did you read this

What he said.
Optimum muscle growth is hitting each muscle group 2 times a week

I'd say 2 days, what do you think user?

it's about 4, but again it depends on genetics.

2-4 generally, most people go for 2-3 because it's easier to fit your routine to a 7 day week

if you're a neet or a professional a 7 day week won't hold you back and you can do god tier stuff like abcxabcx

Do you think chimps are like fuck man cant climb and swing from trees today because I need a rest day?

which part of optimal do you not understand

Pretty much this, if you train hard and eat enough you'll grow muscles. 3-15 reps per set, 25-50 reps per workout. The important thing is that you try real hard to get the weights up

>Do you think people are like fuck man I walked today better not walk until next week

80/20 rule op

Chimps aren't trying to gain optimal mass though are they you spastic

just got into lifting a few months ago and I have been following this routine with very minor alterations. everyone says to follow SS but a friend showed me this one. i have noticed very solid gains and increases in all my lifts

>25 reps per workout
do people who aren't powerlifters who can breath and walk think this?

nigga stop worrying about small shit like that. if you over analyze everything you will NEVER make any gains.

the most important thing is to stay consistent on a decent routine/program..

>training on a split vs training fullbody or upper/low etc
>small shit
"should I drink my protein shake right after my workout?" is small shit
if you let a small dude hop on a 5 day split his gains will be much slower
gotta hit dem main muscle groups 2-3 times a week

People like in that pic are insane. Either they have god tier genetics, or their obsession with working out is beyond anything we can understand. They live and breath weights, so much so that they probably haven't enjoyed a stroll through a park in years because they can't stop thinking about their body. Honestly... it seems kinda sad.

no, people who look like him inject steroids.

nothing more, nothing less.

>People like in that pic are insane. Either they have god tier genetics, or their obsession with working out is beyond anything we can understand.
>no, people who look like him inject steroids.
Its actually a combination of all 3. They have god tier genetics, their life revolves around working out, and they use a shitton of steroids.

rest days are fucking garbage

donĀ“t lift to failure

Adaptation and recovery aren't the same thing