Worst people at the gym thread

worst people at the gym thread

Y u hef 2b mad?

That asshat who slams his weights down when he lifts

the old guy wheezes and coughing out his lungs like hes dying and he isnt even cleaning what he uses

like ??? dont come to the gym if you are hacking and dont look like you are gonna need any gains

Planet Fitness go pls

Not even planet fatness. There is no fucking reason you need to throw your weights on the ground.
If I can fucking hear you through my earbuds, you're too loud

Slamming and/or dropping weights is for idiots. If you're lifting something heavy in real life it's likely to be a box with breakable contents or a machine with moving parts, and you'll have to set it down gently in order to avoid ruining anything. Your gym training will reflect that restriction if you have the brains god gave a carrot.

When in real life am I going to be carrying a 240kg box around

Why are you bothering to lift 240kg in the gym if you'll never need to do that any other time

>On the threadmill
>Old guy next to me on the other one
>He starts sweating hard
>Little clothing
>His sweat starts going everywhere and splashes on me
Why can't you wear a fucking shirt old man

>what is a hobby

>Gym has huge cardio area with plenty of room to work out
> only one rack in gym in corner of weights area
>Hamplanet 45 year old cunt puts her mat in front of squat rack and starts doing crunches and shit
>Tell her to move, starts acting oppressed. "I can work out wherever I want."
Fucking cunt does this every time. Fuck you bitch. Probably thinks we are ogling her fat folds

>that fucking bitch who does yoga in the squat rack
I hope the barbell falls on your neck

>that guy who shadowboxes in the mirror... shadow KICKboxing

Just no dude, you're about 30lbs overweight to look anything like a kickboxer.

>why bother kicking a ball around when you'll never do that in real life
>why do any hobby that has no functional carryover to real life

Are you autistic m8?

Go tell the receptionist mang, I would.
It's literally no effort for her to go do her retarded ab workout a few feet away. She's being antisocial here, not you.

>not triggering the Lunk Alarm every rep

Sometimes I have to help your mom get out of the tub

Kek

I'm new to the gym... Still feeling it out.
I asked a staff guy and he said sorry sir she doesn't listen to anyone. You can try talking to her.

>Doing olly lifts
>Not dropping the bar

You are the worst guy in gym.

>squeeze past her
>load up 2pl8
>do a few reps
>"fail" a rep and ditch the bar behind you
>let it crash down on the safeties a few feet from her head
>maybe she reconsiders her choice of locations.

>not just dropping it on her

>my gf was snatching 80kg
>guy was standing behind her
>She warned him
>she bailed weight behind and it hit him
>I watched everything and keked externally
>haven't seen him since

A heavy enough weight will injure you if you try to set it down gently. If it's a 50 lb barbell though, then you're right, it's fucking retarded to drop that shit.

>that tard that deadlifts with iron hex plates outside the squat rack slamming every rep down when theres an area that has bumper plates in the front of the gym

Why?

that guy that has claimed atleast 3 machines that he keeps switching around too. Fuck you if you do this.

>that guy that wears a baseball cap backwards

>Doing diddlys at the power rack
>Skinny DYEL faggot comes to the rack next to mine
>Loads up 25 lb plates and sets up for squats
>SSSSSSSSSS......AAAHHHHHHHH
>SSSSSSSSSS......AAAHHHHHHHH
>Does 3-4 reps
>THROWS the 95 lb weight off his shoulders and hits the mat.
>Walks around huffing and puffing for 5 minutes.
>Sets up to do it again

>those guys who do cable crosses taking up two cables instead of using the fucking 4 cable things that have 2

Why?

Crossfit pls go

>Expecting me to do a suboptimal routine
U mad bro?

>>doing diddlys at the power rack
The fuck is wrong with you? Are there no oly platforms at your gym?

In the current year, even! I mean, I could understand if this were like, last year, or even the year before that. But it's not. It is the CURRENT YEAR.

Most of the idiot DYELs on here didn't actually shop around when they chose their gym like any sensible person does. Myself included. Didn't know what a bumper plate was for two years...

Check'd and kek'd

>DL at the power rack
Kill yourself asshole

there's a guy who simultaneously tries to hog the squat rack, deadlift platform, and another barbell for "tri sets." he also usually leaves the weights on the bar instead of taking them off.

Drives me nuts.

How did you manage to turn on your computer if you're this stupid?

>letting your girlfriend do snatches
Do you have a quadriplegic fetish?

Kek, nah she's okay. Only does them monthly

>people who take weights off your rack without asking
how do you deal with these dickholes?
two guys took the two 5 lbs i had on my rack when i was warming up and there were empty racks around that they could've taken from. i had headphones in and they said something to me after the fact and i just said "fuck you" to them.

I did that once without realizing it. The persosn was using a machine where the plates were loaded in a similar style and location to where plates were stored. I was so embarrassed

man fuck yeah you guys are my gym couple goals thats badass

Worse than dude who wears shorts and a hoodie. He's worse than the dude who does a arm day with 12 inch guns. He's worse than even the one who drops the 40lb ez curl bar after his last rep. The waste of life at my gym who db rows 65lb like it's heavy and walks around with short shorts purposely pulling up the leg parts to try and show off his toothpicks. He's worse than Joey lats. Hope he breaks his other knee so he can wear another knee brace. Cool man.

>People who take the weights off of your bar while you're using it

W-what do I do guys?

>Doing snatches monthly
>80 kg
>female
The fuck? does gf weigh 200 kg or something? Or is she some kind of athlete recovering from injury because sure as fuck no one does weight that heavy (for a grill) and practices the oly lift once a month.

>He's worse than the dude who does a arm day with 12 inch guns
Wait, is this a bad thing? 12 inch arms aren't very big at all.

Stay next to the bar, lift big boy weights or just tell them you're using it.

Unless you're in the gym with Captain Kirk even roidheads at my gym wouldn't do that when I was a novice.

Can you tell me what real life functional benefit you're getting by shitposting on an Icelandic puffin hunting board?

Thanks man, we're all gonna make it

Nah she weighs just over 50kg, normally snatches 30kg but once a month she will try to left as much as possible.
>is an out of work personal trainer

You don't understand, man. I'm benching in the middle of a rep when the guy just takes the weight off of the barbell. I could've dropped the damn bar.

Fuck what.
I would have squared up with him

Oh makes more sense.

If you're trolling me I suppose good job, if not then you're either being bullied or lifting with kirk karwoski

>what are weightclasses

so let me get this straight. your mid rep, and 2 strangers walk over, and take weights off the barbell while its still in your hands?

>in the middle of a rep

>bench 50kg db
>purposely drop the weight

i hate it when it's quite in the gym and full of dyel faggots. feels like it most people are too scared to even breath. it's a gym not a library

Finally, definite evidence that the gains goblins are real

One guy takes the weights, but yeah.
He's done it twice. I thought it was a joke at first but the second time just threw me for a loop. I'm dumbfounded, upset, and maybe even intimidated because it's such a strange line to cross with someone you've never met.

kekked hard god damn senpai

Personally speaking you gotta earn those arm days. Internet shit talking aside. You want a day dedicated to your arms work up your main lifts. Once they get to respectable numbers (on your estimation) then go for it. But you rocking 12's and not even close to a plate bench don't do a day of bi's and tri's. Accessory work is a plus with main lift days but no arm days till then. But what do I know I do a bro split and if the internet has taught me anything, besides diet is key, is bro splits are dumb.

what the fuck. describe to us where it is your lifting. we need more backstory please.

i went across the gym to get some weights and some chink thought i was done and started unracking my weight. when i came back i just stared at him and he ran away. how alpha am i

Hood no sleeves. Hope pic is unrelated. If not try hard and jump into a tank of piranhas.

The campus health center at Northern Arizona University.

How new are you?

>Icelandic puffin huntingboard

What enjoyment can baiting 24/7 possibly get you? You're just wasting everyone's time and it's annoying.

There's a choice of 2 gyms here and neither has a real free weight area. No mats, just 1 powerrack.
Signed up where they had more barbells and rubbered plates.

Could've shopped around in a greater area, but i really didn't like the idea of taking a train to gym - now i can just take my bike, work out, and ride back in

If anyone ever plays the "I can work out anywhere" cars, they're giving you full permission to work in their personal space.

When they complain you tell them you can work out where you want to, and they're free to want to work out any another place.

Sounds autistic, but really.. Against unreasonable people, only unreasonable actions work.

I do them there. I just set the hooks so low that I can lift the bar up on them to make it easier to load or unload the bar after a set.

>fuck it, i wish ppl deadlifted by the dumbbells

they hog the ONLY FUCKING POWER RACK instead

what counts as slamming? When I deadlift I go down slowly but still bump the weight a bit on the ground to count my reps

I've got a fresh one.

>Skinny fat kid about 17, looks like he's never moved a day in his life

>Wearing a golds gym tshirt and bodybuilding cap

>He's using a bench - one flat bench in the entire gym that I need to use.

>He's sitting there with 30kg DBs on his knees and stares at them for 10 minutes trying to muster up the courage to drop back.

>They are obviously to heavy for him.

>He falls back with arms locked out in DB bench position. Grunts violently.

>With locked elbows, he moves his scapula forward and then retracts it again for one rep whilst shaking uncontrollably.

>Drops the DB and looks at me with a grin on his face.

What the fuck? Why do people do this? He literally just shrugged his scapula and called it a rep. Does he actually think there is any benefit from this?

Faggots putting more weight just to take pictures

They did it in a gym I went to, took all the 10s but the one pair I used to make their 80 kg bench look like a 3pl8 bench.

Thats full on. Do you go to Uni? Does this lad go to Uni as well? Can you report this guy?

That's pretty fucked up bro. Unless you want to play this guy at his own game i would wait outside with a sock full of batterys and just go to town on the cunt or report him

>not beating him with the plate he took off the bar
>not making him have an erection then slamming it between two 25kg plates

>it's like you don't want to make it

Make it happen

I bet he could kick your teeth in

I work out at a free cellar gym and there's literally nobody annoying in there. The biggest inconvenience are a group of geezers who compete in age group benching, so often you have to do incline / (the) press instead unless you want to use their warm-up weights lmao.

>machines
>optimal routine

pick only one, twink

I do oly lifts in my gym to scare DYELs like this guy.

>do OHP near the corner of gym
>guy keeps walking under the fucking bar for no reason whatsoever, have to do incomplete sets because of pausing reps
>get mad, do final set properly and hit him with the bar
>most surprised expression ever on his face
What the fuck do these people think is gonna happen.

>somehow doing their maximum weight is easier for weak people than for strong people

There's this sandnigger at my gym who does DB rows with 20kg and DB bench press with 14kg and he grunts and literally throws the weights on the ground after every set. I don't know about being an asshole but he's just pathetic. Always shows up in tank tops too despite being completely dyel. I just want to slap him.

Maybe he mentally identifies as a big guy? It's 2016 and you can identify as anything you want, personally I'm an Apache helicopter

>doing rope jumps
just fucking kill yourself

>Angry jacked manlet doing 30kg deadlifts in the smith rack on a box
WHY?
I generally have no words to fully describe this piece of art, these are just a fraction of the things his shenanigans, in reality he does all this weird shit all the time.
>barbell flyes meme origin-material
Always find the most complicated way to train your muscles.
>pushups balancing on 3 balls
his benchpress is ~60kg total
>frogstands
Talks about it like it's a pretty big deal, in reality it's an exercise we used to use to teach kids how to handstand
>swinging a kettlebell over his head in a towel
Exactly what I'm missing, concussion/brain damage and a complete reconstruction of my jaw

He's balding, short, weak and acts like he's the epitome of human evolution and on a new level of fitness.

Remember guys, it's all about confusing your muscles. And if you can't do that, confuse the other people at the gym, so they don't think about your lack of progress.

Pic related, barbell flyes setup

i go to a commercial gym, so everyone does everything wrong but at the same time no one does anything annoying enough to hinder my training. the most annoying thing i can think of is people using the cardio machines at very low difficulty settings making people that want to do serious cardio have to wait. my gym has a lot of treadmills, but only 3 bikes and ellipticals, and out of those 3 ellipticals i personally like one specific and i always have to wait on some chick doing half an hour on 3 or some shit

As he flails around blocking the free weights he'll probably inadvertently swing a foot into my face and achieve maximum autism. My gym has 3 FUCKING BOXING BAGS that this faggot never uses.

>using the cardio machines at very low difficulty settings making people that want to do serious cardio have to wait.
So LISS isn't serious cardio?

>So LISS isn't serious cardio?
Not him, but no it isn't. It's a lazy solution for lazy people who are lazily trying to fix a problem caused by a lazy lifestyle.

Very definition of anti-serious.

> deadlifting
> not 'slamming' the weight, but making some noise on the descent
> lanky manlet keeps shooting me surly looks
> gets the cajones to approach me and ask why I'm not putting it down slowly
> 'it trains the full exercise that way!'
> gymbro is squatting nearby, comes over
> 'when you can deadlift as much as him, you can critique his form'
> manlet turns bright red, never brings up the noise I make again

t-thanks breh

Fuck off.

You must look scary

Its always the manlets

Do squats facing whichever way means you are teabagging her every rep

but I'm standing in the narrow spot because the gross smelling pajeets won't stop occupying the entire area near the dumbbell racks where I was going to stand to do my curls