Best People At The Gym

As an alternative to the Worst People At The Gym thread, let's have a Best People At The Gym thread

>That muscular guy, in better shape than you, that stutters like a beta as he asks you if he can work in

Keep it up man and work those conversational gains

That huge Russian strongdude who is always in a good mood. Smiles, throwing jokes and lift just crazy amount of iron.

>the guy who sweats more than anyone else at the gym but actually wipes down the equipment
>the girl who knows you're mirin' and plays along
>the really old guy who has been lifting forever and doesn't come in to talk, just focuses on his task
>the husband/wife combo that are in great shape (goals)
>the mom who encourages her kids to run around the track with her
>the guy who pretends he knows martial arts and beats up on the punching bag, always a guaranteed chuckle
>the guy who actually knows what he's talking about teaching the high school kids what they need to do / what to avoid

I've got a nice gym, at least during the mornings before school or work starts.

I go to the gym at 4am so i don't have to see other people there.

>that 40 something jacked turbo manlet who's always happy and who shakes hands with everyone in the gym

I was doing incline bench press and failed on the last rep, he instantly rushed in to save me. T-thanks brah.

>at least during the mornings before school or work starts.

Tha doesn't count then those are the functional human beeings or fitness enthusiasts who come not the idiot teen/YA retards who come otherwise.

>The older guy who goes to try and stay in shape and succeeds

>I've got a nice gym, at least during the mornings before school or work starts.

This is the best time.
I started going to my gym as soon as it opens (before work) at 7am. I've never been happier. Not only there is less people there, but none of them are douchebags and apart from one or two girls who work glutes everyday (god bless 'em), everyone knows their shit well enough.

There's one of those at my gym too. He's a cool guy.

>That guy who reracks his weights and doesn't throw them like a fucking gorilla in the other corner of the gym

>those people who don't use the equipment i want to use
>big booty bitches that flaunt it

The big, sweaty obese guy who's trying to get in shape
>Doesn't take shortcuts
>Sticks to his workouts
>Wipes down
>Keeps noise to a minimum
>Rotates and doesn't hog equipment
>Doesn't even touch his phone
>Stacks plates neatly and orderly
>Wears fitting clothes so no one has to stare at his belly or ass crack during their workout
>Walks home rather than drives

Honestly, he kind of gives me motivation to keep going. Literally everything is telling the guy to give up, but he refuses to and still manages to be thoughtful and polite while fighting constant urges.

>>That muscular guy, in better shape than you, that stutters like a beta as he asks you if he can work in

I've met that guy.

>That super cheerful cardio bunny who laughs at anything anyone says

i mean, i don't have even a remote chance, but it's nice to pretend she thinks i'm funny

>This manlet who looks like he lifts, but doesn't look 'that' strong..... picks up fairly impressive weights but then proceeds to go 10x10 on every lift

Not sure how or even why he does this. Never talks either but I'm mirin his workouts.

>tfw she once felt that way about somebody
>tfw might have been you
>tfw will never know because pussy

You, I like you.

only natty man in your gym

> deadlock bro I've seen loose like 100lbs over more than a year
>witness him serendipitously pick up an overweight disciple one night
>couple weeks later showing new fatty deadlift form, and teaching him about the importance of mobility

I want to shake dreadbros hand, but I'm too autismo.

The short as fuck Asian guy who can out lift every mother fucker in the gym and looks like he's fought for the Vietcong.

Every gym should have at least one.

Me.

>that turbo manlet who's 10 times bigger than everyone else
>always greets everyone
>has the manliest face I've ever seen
>gives tips whenever he's around
>told me I'll look huge in no time
>besides being able to beat up a walrus he never stops smiling
everytime I see him it motivates the shit out of me

>that friend's younger brother who comes in and is always giving solid advice to the others that are his age
>tfw he helps you max out on bench press and thinks you're super strong for putting up 2pl8 once
Feels good

Superstronk slav guys that give off
>5% to all your lifts in 10m AoE
aura

I think every gym has one.
Mine always helps the dyels.

have a couple people like this at my gym, one is this lady who has been working her ass off (literally) for about a year, been looking for an opportunity to give her a nod and thumbs up

>that Asian dude powerlifter that is humble as can be and gives great advice to newbies
>he smiles and gives a thumbs up when he sees you lifting heavier than before
>he gives you a fist bump every time you run into each other

Fuck man, I wanna be just like this guy. I wanna have skinny dyel faggots look up to me and ask me for advice.

Lol this is like every jacked guy at my gym.
It's hard for me because I want to be friendly too them but I have an aggressive personality and often come off and demeaning when I ask to work in or if people are still using things.

I'm basically in that boat. Been overweight for years since a knee injury (6'1" and weigh 280lb). My room mate is legit and has been urging me to go to the gym. I just started. I'm flying home for 2 weeks and he's found a 12 week training program for me to follow when I get back. Unemployed now, looking for a new job so I can really commit.

>Guy who lifts best and workouts the hardest but also willing to teach anyone if they ask

Same, I try to be nice and come off friendly, but people always take it as a sarcastic joke. I want to kill myself for this sometimes.

>The crossfitter that uses an oly bar for more than an hour for his strength training sessions

That's me

>that super buff guy who isn't too proud to ask you for nutrition advice as he knows you actually know more than him

/thread

This guy is the best. Literally he knows everyone in the gym and stays till closing and whenever anyone leaves hes like "thats it?! Alright ill see you tomorrow!"

Wish we had one of these guys.

Mine is a huge quebecker, i love him he got me out of dyel

be that guy for other people breh

>"ill see you tomorrow"

>don't want to let russian strongbro down

>motivation to keep on going

everyone should have happy Russian strongbros in their gyms.

I'm lifting for him today, cheers strongbro

When I lose 30kg and become legit maybe.

>hot, older (60+) fit mexican lady who works at my gym
>has huge butt and legs, small waist
>always has hair and makeup done
>does squats, leg press, good mornings, etc. everday.
>always cheerful and greets us with "Hola chicos!" everyday.
I honestly wish to be like her when I'm her age.

>That Pajeet in normal workout clothes that doesn't smell and does a real, non curl bro routine

Going to the gym in the morning
>Quiet old man, nods politely but never speaks, always dressed the same, shows up at 6:00am like clockwork every single day riding a bike, just does stretching/mobility stuff on a gym mat then ten minutes rowing machine
>Hyper focused buff manlet, bald with a huge beard, always in the cable/dumbbells section, never works legs, use the benches or racks, but I still mire his discipline, rarely speaks, always looks pissed off but always polite, always reracks weights
>middle-aged woman who squats every workout, pretty strong, friendly
>around 8:00 regular group of retired old guys who just use stationary bikes, talk about sports results or politics and maybe do some light machine work
Overall quiet and polite crowd, I got the rack and benches to myself

Going to the gym at night
>Crowded with dozens of loud and obnoxious smelly machine/curlbros who don't rerack shit
Awful crowd, but since they're all curlbros and waste so much time talking about broscience bullshit, I also get to use the rack without waiting

That's rare.

Nobody at my gym is a good person including me. Everyone is either hanging out with their friend making and not actually working out, others are doing meme exercises or real exercises improperly, and others just have an eternal hard face on as they listen to their music.

Kys

This is a good thread

Actually scratch that there's one guy I admire. He's an old as fuck Asian guy, terrible posture, walks slow as fuck. His glasses are held together by duct tape so he's probably really poor. If I was in his condition I don't know if I would have the willpower to hit the gym, I would probably just roll over and die. But he's there regularly, working out and playing racquetball as best he can. After every workout he's drained as fuck, can barely move, he probably risks his life every time he works out because if he messes up he'll break something.

One time I found his glasses on the floor of the locker room. They fell from his head but he didn't notice because some of the duct tape was still stuck to his ears. I put them on the bench by where he dropped them, they weren't broken (or rather, the glass itself was fine). When he came back looking for them and I pointed them out he thanked me profusely, seems like a nice guy despite his problems. Mirin so hard.

>That dyel skinny college kid that reminds you of yourself when you were starting.
>Lifts babyweight but still re-racks the weights, has good form, and tracks his workout

>that guy who mires your squat weight and tells you
>that guy who congratulates me on working out for athleticism instead of looks when I do SL

t-thanks. Now I'm afraid to change to an aesthetic routine.

that crazy fucker who is always doing some suicidal crazy lift
>squatting on the catch bars of the squat rack
>attempting to bench press with his feet
>calf raises on the pullup/dip thing
all true

>that Jamaican guy who reminded me about the importance of compound lifts
>that PT who powerlifts that helped me get my squat/dead form right on my first day
Hopefully me, I've haven't worn a polo in years
Honestly most of the trouble comes from other teens and groups of tryhard lads, the regulars are all chill

I forgot
>the other brown guy who identifies with you and helped you bench 200 last week
Love that guy

>30 year old powerlifter who spends half his time at the gym giving out advice to all the newbies like a concerned dad and whenever he lifts the whole gym stops and watches because he pushes huge weight

luv u dave

>that guy who never talks to anyone, head down earbuds in and reracks everything
>but actually lifts respectable weight

>4 am

>the guy who swears more than anyone else at the gym but actually wipes down the equipment
That's me, it's embarrassing how I sweat more than a fat person and it fucks my grip up, I leave drenched in sweat.

Love this guy

try not being an autist and smile. contract verbal diarrhea with your knowledge, shut up when someone knows more or wants to discuss, and be happy.

>the huge guy with a thick arab accent that gives you a thumbs up back whenever you see him

>That huge roided out bald guy in his early 50s who is one of only three other people in the gym who squat correctly and mocks the women who ask you to put your deadlifts down softly
>those two guys who workout together that you will totally go to osheaga with if they ask if you want to come with them again
>That strongfat natty PL guy who's looking to start roiding and talks with the roided 50yo about cycles
>That silent guy who looks like a total Chad but doesn't do a fuck-around workout
>That 6'2" black PT with the hot amazon body
>That 40-something woman with the fit physique that makes you question whether she's natty or not; carries a spreadsheet everywhere
>The 6'6" black guy with incredible mobility and usually smells like weed
>Paul
>that guy with the sweet flow who seems to exclusively do spoto benching
>the chill evening manager who tries to get your yoga class ban overturned cause some bitchy soccer mom thought your feet smelled and the teacher refused to kick you out
>the yoga teacher who refused to kick you out

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>swears
Boy just highlight the text to quote before clicking their number, you'll save time

>>the guy who pretends he knows martial arts and beats up on the punching bag, always a guaranteed chuckle

I always wonder if any of them actually practice a martial art or if they just like kicking the crap outta the punching bag just to relieve themselves of life's frustrations.

doesn't exist kek

>that skinhead who compliments your gains and bitches about immigrants with you

>that chineese man who bitches about the arabs then does cardio for am hour

>that arab who tells you to go fuck yourself then smells up the place

I have to more every single person who is just like the guy you're talking about for simply making a serious effort to lose weight the right way: via exercise and a good diet, and not cheating and having weight loss surgery!

>That middle aged asian guy that comes in with lifting gloves and pajama pants but pulls out jackie chan tier craziness when it comes to calisthenics

Seeing him throw himself around is great, honestly mirin

That's me but I'm still weak af

>or if they just like kicking the crap outta the punching bag just to relieve themselves of life's frustrations.
Does it matter?

I-is that me?

>actually lifts respectable weight
Nope

>that guy in the locker room who has the courtesy of cleaning out your foreskin after you cum inside of his mouth

Just wanna know, there's this one guy who kicks the punching bag like it owes him money. Then I look at his feet and it looks like he is off balance, but I know nothing of martial arts. So I just sit there and keep stretching and never google it because I don't care that much.

I'm actually Arab

Mine has one. Dude squats over 3 plates and is like 5'5" 130lbs. A little rude though

damn this thread was great

I l-love you summer/fit/, sometimes

>the guy that lets you work in the squat rack cause he sees you standing by the wall awkwardly.

>old as fuck grandpa showing off his dad strength.

>tfw your pawpaw benches 3pl8 at 68
>tfw you were too young to fully appreciate how impressive that was.
>tfw will never lift with gramps due to the big C.
hope you're watching over my gains old man.

>The receptionist qt that lets you finish your workout even tho you are already past the closing time of the gym

>be late at the gym
>gym about to close
>super-setting with barely any rest in between sets to finish your workout on time
>sees me sweating hard and running out of breath
>Don't worry , user , I can wait you 10 more minutes to finish your workout

>not using those 10 minutes to plow her into the ground while somehow simultaneously 5pl8 diddlylift

stay beta my friends

>The roider doing curls while wearing sunglasses and a cap, indoors

>The Chad who takes you under his wing and encourages you to push yourself like the older brother you never had

T-Thanks

How the hell do you guys even notice anybody at the gym. Been at my current gym for 6 months and can't tell you shit about any of the regulars.

Same thing but the skelly who tries and does all that

>that north Indian turban wearing guy who does a curlbro routine and shadow boxes between sets and squatted 3pl8 the one time I saw him near a cage

>the guy with poor english who nicely asks if you are done your sets

Chad helped me in my lifts and social life. Probably would kms without him

>the middle aged bald guy that's always friendly to everybody
>the rando that thanked me for reracking/reorganizing most of the weights one morning
That's it

i think every gym has one of these

>random old dude who always stops his workouts to talk to people ask him if he is done with the equipment just big smile and thumbs up mfw he keeps talking until im done with my sets and than comes and finishes

He is my grandfathero waifu, wish all old people were as chill as him.

Well... I do swear alot while lifting, thanks though.

That black jacked manlet who does prison exercises

>start lifting at 17.
>do retarded bro-split after 30 minutes of medium intensity cardio, finish every session with 10 sets of calisthenics until failure.
>go to nearest gym.
>everyone is huge and ignores the machines and just does barbell and dumbbell exercises in the free weights area.
>occasionally another DYEL like me comes in, gets intimidated and stops coming after two weeks.
>I'm playing it cool but I feel awkward as fuck, everyone ignores me for the first month.
>one night as I'm working out see 5-6 of the regulars talking in hushed tones and looking at me.
>ohshit.jpg
>one stacked turbo-manlet approaches me and invites me over.
>they introduce themselves and ask me if would like some advice- if not it's okay they say.
>s-sure.
>they proceed to coach me in the compounds, explain ideal rep ranges, frequency, programing, everything.
>every night someone takes time off to coach me, completely non-judgemental, enthusiastic to help and share their knowledge.
>order me some preworkout, whey etc. from the protein bar so I can decide if I want it before I buy.
>get me discount coupons for whey and creatine.
>talk about sports, cars women, give me dating tips.
>after six months the gym closes because no causal money was coming in.
>some time later I realize most of my gym-senpais were pro mma fighters, boxers, powerlifters, bouncers, mob-muscle etc.
>I stop working out, have some shit happen in my life, only started lifting again a year ago.

>at my new gym I am helping about half a dozen summer kids with figuring out programs and coach them in the basics because the staff ignores them and only coach the spandex-sluts and cardio-bunnies.
>feelsgoodman.jpg

They would be proud of you, user.

>while somehow simultaneously 5pl8 diddlylift
I will need someone to draw this, I can't visualise it and I'm 100% positive someone can, as twisted as it gets.

>>hot, older (60+) fit mexican lady
>>always cheerful and greets us with "Hola chicos!"

Kinda hot

>anyone who doesn't drop the barbell at the top of their deadlift

>That one azn permabulk manlet who looks like he wants to kill someone
>He just finished diddlying lmao5pl8
>Ask him for a form check
Uhhummmm s-s-sure, b-bro.

We'll beat the autism together lads.

Buy some chalk

>rotates and doesn't hog equipment

i feel like i'm a squat rack hog. the only time i'm not using it is when i'm benching and that's only every other workout :/