Should you do both?

Should you do both?

Neither
Do regular chinups you fat faggot

What if you are in-orbit fatass mode and can barely do a lat pulldown of 115 while you are 250 pounds?

i start with pullups, then when i get weaker i switch to chinups, then after that i do rows.

prob have the best back on Veeky Forums (cbf posting proof, you'll just have to take my word for it)

Yes

>extension based exercise
>adduction based exercise
yes you should do both if you want big lats, those are 2 of its main functions
dont go superwide too

Like all of those in one session?

I'm just starting out, so I do pullups and chins on different days, but I need to step up my game, because I'm weak as fuck.

Lat pull down is superior out of the two. It is true Pull ups are superior overall but I prefer the pull down because it's easier to control the weight with strict form, you can get in more volume, etc etc.. its just after doing deadlift's, squats, overhead press, pendlay row, etc etc.. why would you want to struggle through pull ups when you can do pull downs...

FYI my pull up count is currently 17 (bulking) but my best is 31.

na dont do that, im advanced, and i do a bro-split.

if you're new just stick with doing multiple bodyparts a day, ie full body. once you get strong enough then you can start splitting up the routine

What I do for my clients are assisted pull ups on an assisted pull up machine, bands on their feet to take weight off, or negatives by getting up to the top with a
Step stool and then lowering yourself slowly. I'll also superset those with lat pull downs so they still get the concentric portion too.

If you can't do Chinups do declines

Currently I'm doing a beginners practical programming routine with squats swapped out for rehabilitation for muh exploded knees.

Mon
>Low weight knee exercises with volume (eccentric leg press etc.)
>Bench
>Pullups

Wed
>OHP
>Deads
>Some crunches + other accessory shit

Fri
>knee stuff
>Bench
>pullups

Each week I switch round OHP and bench.

Senpai I feel like I have weak upper back but good width
What do?

shrugs
behind the neck press
ohp

My gym has these two setups, which is better, what's the difference exactly?

Cheers
I started doing OHP a few months ago

Hits the muscle from different angles, is my guess.
I only see dyels or old people do the right one.

Do the left one.

On the right one, the 'path' of your pull is fixed, whereas on the right one, it is free (the cable follows the direction from which you pull) thus it is easier apply maximal force and it's harder to fuck it up by choosing a bad position to seat.

Gonna try this, I usually do pullups 12-8-8-5

*whereas on the left one
damnit

Either super heavy pullups and volume rows
Or
Super heavy rows and volume pullups

Alphaomegasin got jacked

>people who do behind the neck pulldowns
what the fugg

What wrong with that autist

why don't go super wide

Goodbye rotator cuffs

it puts your lats in an awkward position so they can pull less weight. also you decrease the total ROM = less gains. nothing wrong with wider than shoulder grip, but dont go too far

Nothing, he's too retarded to realize the machine can have multiple uses.

Behind the neck is fine, and recommended.

thanks homes