/SIG/ - Veeky Forums Self Improvement General

You may not think this board needs a /SIG/, but it does. More specific thread taken from If you are stressed, you aren't going to make good trades. If you lack perspective you will lose focus on the gains you've made. If you are unhealthy, or generally have a lack of focus, then you will get distracted by shitty investments instead of keeping your eye on the big picture.

Fuck FUDing, fuck FOMOing. Normie traders are making gains every day, and if we fuck each other over, they will continue to win while we continue to wageslave.

Post any and all advice to keep healthy, focused, and knowledgeable on our combined goal to reach Lamboland.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sZGYamhW
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump i wanna get this going

This is from Veeky Forums

pastebin.com/sZGYamhW

YES! I need this like Andre Rieu needs old grannies to make his millions.

Everybody speaks about the virtues of focus, from Carlos Ghosn refusing to take questions from Nissan when he's working on Renault time and vice versa, from Apple's penchant to keep everything (including their interfaces and product line) so simple even a idiot normie knows what's up, to Warren Buffett telling you to "stand at the plate and never take a swing" and pick only 5 things in your life which are your goals,. and ONLY five.
Yeah yeah yeah. I get the virtue of focus.

Now what da fuck do I focus on?!
>My career - in which case which particular road do I pick.
>My self - in which case which particular personality flaw or skill deficiency is the one which I can solve with the most profit?

I thought this was a signatum thread lol. I have nothing to offer but I support this thread

>flaw or skill deficiency is the one which I can solve with the most profit
I don't think personality traits are solved with money. I think you thinking they are is a trait in of itself. Maybe you should look at that? Are you too desperate to make money? That might make you emotional and not impartial.

A bump is enough.

I didn't make myself clear, I don't think my personal problems or skill shortages can be solved by money (unless you count delegation as a 'solution'... which it might be - kind of why I ask the question. But it seems like a cop out).

What I was asking is should I focus on my career, in which case how to I decide the course of action that I need to take to get what I will find personally fulfilling in my career?

OR do I need to focus first on my personality flaws or skill shortages which are standing in the way of me accomplishing what I'd like to accomplish in my career? How do I know which is the biggest one or the one which if I fix it through behavioral change or maybe even just self-education will make my life/career easier?

It's kind of the chicken and the egg, do I focus on my career and hopefully I will one by one overcome my flaws and upskill. or do I find my biggest flaw/skill deficiency now and fix that, and then focus on my career when I'm more self-confident and objectively competent?

I think you should remove your career from the equation. Your career is there to facilitate living a good life. It is your means of survival. That's it.

How you define a good life is, I think, the question you should be asking. It is my belief that understanding your stance on the purpose of life, your meaning within it, and any sense of the transcendent is essential for living a healthy life. Only then can you build up. It may seem complicated, but it's really the starting point of your identity ad your relation to the world. Society has a habit of filing in the gaps, and more so than ever now people want others to be superficial. But it's the visionaries that define how society changes, and those people have a solid understanding of the world, and their place in it.

Answer that, and you can start building up from there. What skills can help you achieve what you want in life? What profession you choose then is just case of filtering.

Probably not what you wanted, but it's what I think is for the best.

Well, it sounds like you've already made your profession fit in wit your desires, so that's good. If that's the case, then advancing your personality will help both. Prioritizing seems the most important. Self-promotion the next.

I can't really help with promotion, but I know that if you start to believe that you are good at what you do, and your market that, then you'll start to get attention.

This is about the limit of my help. Sorry.

Whoops deleted my post because I thought it wasn't clear. Thanks for the response though.

You think getting better at Prioritizing is the most important? Cool. That in itself is a start. Thanks.

Smoking bud is very helpful if you are spending lots of time watching the charts. But only if you have a high tolerance.

So much I want to contribute here. Will come back when the kids have gone out.

T.NLP Master Practitioner / “Clarity” Coach

LOST
ALL
MY
LINK
WHERE DID IT GOOOOOOOOOOO

No worries. Can't know what to do if you don't know what's the most important. Priorities are essential; they give focus to daily life.

Or so I would think, if I had any motivation at all.

How does one get better at prioritizing?

>Or so I would think, if I had any motivation at all.
What would you like motivation to do?

I'm not sure. Whatever you need to survive and live happily. Family, food, shelter. Work up the Maslow triangle?

And I really am not sure. I want to get some money so that I can have some freedom to essentially escape from this society that I think is doomed. Crypto seems to be a major step towards this. Trading and researching it makes me excited, but I am not confident enough to lock down trades. I let the FOMO and FUD consume me--hence the thread, because I want others to succeed. I have some positions right now. You can probably guess which ones by lurking here. If they take off and I lock down some profits on them, I may gains some confidence in myself, enough to perhaps continue onwards. But that's a big if.

I also want to be able pay back my parents by helping them retire, and pay off some loans. Then I can focus on trying to be able to live without wageslaving. I'm not too interested in being important anymore: I just want to able to be left alone.

Aside from helping your parents out financially - which is noble as fuck, I admire that - what to you is living happily? What do you enjoy doing?

As for the FUD and FOMO what you've got to do is when you lock down a trade listen to your gut. Then if your gut feels negative, you have to ask yourself "why!?". Really interrogate your emotional reaction to things, tease out if it's paranoia or an emotional manifestation of a rational/real fear.

Ray Dalio talks about this: he says that when you feel "pain" about something, like embarrassment or fear or aversion etc. you don't ignore it, you don't avoid the trigger instead you stare down that emotion and understand *why* it is causing you to feel the way you do. You understand what causes the emotion.

Thanks. I see so many people here making it, and I wonder whether they gave their parents anything. Probably not. Makes me sad, really.

And I do try. I haven't actually locked down any solid trades yet. I'm pretty new, so I've been buying BTC/ETH to trade for tokens and whatnot. I'm currently on the 1-2 week hold to see if there's a potentially good out point. It's important to interrogate emotions. I try to get as many people to do it as possible.

My goal is to probably move into a house/cabin in the woods and really get my head straight in nature. Thing is, I need a good position to do that from. I'm not a normie, so I don't have a social circle to go back to, or a skill-set or profession to rely upon. Mostly I'm just trying to to get some capital to my name so that I can actually make some moves in life. That's my short term goal right now. Long term? I've not worked that out yet.

I was in prison for fraud a few years ago, and while I was in there I started thinking about all the times in my life when I was really happy, and what were the common factors. I discovered 5 things that featured in all my happy moments. In no particular order -
Being in nature/the countryside
Being with a woman (in the early 'honeymoon' period, before the arguments start)
A sense of achievement, succeeding at something
Meditating
Being with animals/pets

Since I got out, I've tried to have at least one of those things in my life every day.

Was the fraud you being overly zealous on trying to make money?

So why aren't you motivated - sounds like you know what you want. You got a plan.
Why the motivational issues?

Sounds like you got shit figured out! And since you've narrowed it down so much, you're less likely to be distracted by other irrelevant shit in life, distractions that lead you away from enjoying those 5 types of experiences.

Listen to audiobooks in your commute.

Long term mental health issues. I'm trying to get my head straight, but it's slow. For all my efforts, I still see it as likely to fail. I find it's hard to do something when you're pretty much convinced you'll fuck it up.

Man, I feel I can use this thread.
I'm piss poor, I'll get no inheritance, no house, like the Veeky Forums user pasta mentioned "none is coming to save you"
Now, I'm in my mid twenties, I used to shitpost on /g/ when the coin craze happened.
>this is classic pyramid scheme
Was I thinking. I started filtering the coin threads. And just like that I missed what's probability the best opportunity of my life. Right under my nose, I even gave it a push.
Then I eventually got over it, casually lurked Veeky Forums once a month or so. When ethereum mooned, I was thinking "Ah! Classic Pump and Dump coin!" Then it sticked and it was "too late to join the party".
Man, I don't know anymore. I'll probably just start mining some meme coin in hope a miracle happen.
I'd rather be a miner, rather than an "investor" for some reason.

Monero is probably going to get big. I've been trying to mine it, but I've been having problems getting it working.

Anyone giving any advice on how to start mining would be welcome. Especially for Monero.

I might try mining this on my desktop.
From what I get this is a good coin to mine on CPU.
I only have a core i3 550 so looks like I'm fine for some mining :)

I tried to do it on my GPU. Not good. My antivirus keeps blocking it. I try to make an exception, but it kills the mining software before I can ever get to it.

I'm getting the new 8700k soon, anyway. I'll mine some nice coins there.

Being high always makes me paranoid about every crypto decision I've ever made.

Any recs? Non-fiction that is. I enjoy reading fiction.

I need advice

I'm 20 and poor. My dream is to go pro in music, and support myself through it. The problem is that I'm a wageslave, and I often have no energy to do any music work once I get home. Lately, I've been thinking about quitting and stake my life by my music. That would include spending what little I have on more music equipment (I have just enough). I'm not sure if this is a smart decision, or if I should throw more of it into crypto and pray my bags don't get heavier, and then think about music again when I can afford it. Hodling XVG and OMG bags now if anyone's wondering...