Landmine Press

Does anyone else use the Landmine Press?

Recently I messed up my rotator cuff and have been using this as an alternative. It not only works my deltoids but also works my chest, and my core and legs if I squat down a bit.

Google "fuck your elbow"
Pretend he's saying rotator cuff (which doesn't even exist btw)
Then go do some bench

>Rotator cuff
>doesn't exist

wut?

pretty stupid desu
if an exercise becomes detrimental because youre hurt in some way i think theres damn good motivation to temporarily replace it, not keep hurting yourself because >muh motivational video

If I saw someone doing this I would be fucking howling

Enjoy your no gains. Landmine Presses of multiple different varieties are fucking awesome.

Rotator cuff is made of 4 muscles.
1 - supraspinatus
2 - infraspinatus
3 - subscapularis
4 - teres minor

These muslces excluding the subscapularis perform external rotation in the shoulder.
They also hold your humerus in place along with the ligaments that stabilize the scapula and clavicle.

fucking imbecil

I got your Gray's hanging, boy

>I've never played a sport before

I hate morons like this, who read JUST the fucking sticky and parades around pretending to be some kinda bigwig

Landmine Press is one of those exercises that focuses on the whole body. It's not a deadlift by any stretch of the imagination, but unlike a bench press which solely focuses on the upper body while excluding the lower half --- Landmine Press constantly engages upper body.

You're literally leaning against all that weight consistently, i've already noticed more gains in my deltoids than doing side lateral raises & overhead press. It's such an underrated exercise that more people should do.

If you actually tried it you would understand where OP is coming from. You're denying a superb exercise because it looks a little goofy.

Why not just do a regular standing press.

No worries, you won't find anyone doing this in the student weight room.

I want to try it one day. Same with the russian twists but I don't have the room right now

Overhead press can easily cause impingement and shoulder injury. Shoulders are very fragile delicate joints, if not done precisely it'll cause pain. Landmine press is much easier on the shoulders while also working other parts as well.

Working around an injury, correcting an imbalance, changing up a workout, using it as an accessory in your workout, inability to do a regular standing press, your buddy bet you that you couldn't do it, you want to show your mom, you think it goes well with your matching nut huggers and knee high socks, peer pressure, etc...

The possibilities are endless!

pros/cons on kneeling vs. standing?

The weight is closer to the floor if you're kneeling, and it feels heavier. The weight is more manageable and easier to get up if you're kneeling. Obviously can't do kneeling if you decide to an exercise like landmine squats.

>The weight is more manageable and easier to get up if you're kneeling

Meant standing here. Sorry for my faggotry.

Kneeling pro:

Right at dick level
better range of motion

Kneeling con:

tough on the knees
More submissive

Standing pro:

Opportunity to show of flexibility
Better position to bug out if shit goes south

Standing con:

Bending over is awkward and tough on the back
Presents opportunity for unwanted splitroasting