Tips on front squats?

Everytime i front squat my wrists hurt like shit, even when im only lifting 30kg. Any tips to fix that?
Tried different forms, but nothing seems to work

you could do back squats

Elbows up, and you got to get the proper finger placement. Personally I use the 2 fingers and a thumb approach, you need to find the place on your finger that takes all the load off your wrist. Also, stretch wrists before lifting. Mastering the front squat taked time, goodluck.

do facepulls then go back to front squats

Ok man, will try
fuck dat man

front squat using bro-form

i cant even squat 1 plate using proper olympic form, but i can front squat 3 plates for 6-8 reps using bro-form

bro form is pic related

How can it be such a difference?

because your wrists aren't put into snap city territory and the bar rests on your delts.

hope you do a lot of OHP and lateral raises, you on need them thick delts

bro-form will be tried next time. Thanks senpai, Veeky Forums always delivers

Elbows up. bar on deltoids and use 2-3 fingers.
I also stretch my triceps.
Put the bar on the rack/support
Put your arms flexed over the bar,
push down and rotate arms
There is a video on youutbe, couldn't remember whos. Just search stretch front squat triceps and there you go.

>rests on your delts
Does it not do that on the bro-form too?

That's literally the only way I can do it. My wrists will not flex far enough to go olympic.

nope, wrists are comfy as fuck on bro-form.

bro-form may hurt your delts at first, but you'll get use to it.

you can wear a thick hoodie if you want to alleviate this.

I have babby wrists, so I do cross grip otherwise I have wrist pain. Haven't really seen any sound, logical reason as to why I should bother with the clean grip other than "because".

I meant, >does it not rest on the delt on olympic form too?

The only difference I see is that the wrists does not stretch as much.

>The only difference I see is that the wrists does not stretch as much.

the wrist doesn't stretch at all using bro-form.

thats the whole point lol

the bar is uneven, one shoulder will be higher than the other so it's less stable.
I had shit wrist mobility my first month of front squatting, but kept at it doing stretches and shit, went from doing 65 pounds 5x5 to 225 3 rep max.
Keep it at user

Cross hand front squat is a bodybuilding meme everyone does after they saw Ronnie Coleman do it. Do the real way of squatting.

Here's the problem with bro-form: it's dumb as fuck.

If you're doing bro-form, just do high bar back squats with good form.

The reason why bro-form works is because it allows people with poor thoracic extension to support the weight on their delts while having your back in a normal high bar position.

Look at the guy in that picture at the bottom of his squat. Imagine him doing that position with his hands and wrists in the real front squat position. Snap city right? It's because he has shit thoracic extension.

You could photoshop the bar to be on his back and it would not look like it was off his center of gravity at all. His back is exactly in a back squat position, not a front squat position.

Bro form limits you because you can't tighten your back enough. You can use straps though

I should add:

IF you had good back positioning ALL THE WAY THROUGH the squat, then strain on your wrists or wrist flexibility would not be a problem.

When you get to the bottom of your squat, your upper back is collapsing forward, causing an awkward angle where the bar is no longer supported by your delts and is rolling off. You either put ridiculous strain on your wrists at this point or you do a shit bro-form.

Your elbows are uneven - not your shoulders where the bar is actually resting upon.

For some people the uneven elbows can cause disorientation and thus and uneven bar, but if you squat in front of a mirror you should be able to keep the bar even.

Oh yeah? You're wrong. Why? because I literally do high-bar back squats using normie form, and I do bro form front squats. The movements feels 100% different. For you to think they're the same shows you're just pulling shit out of your ass and have never actually done bro form squatting while also high bar squatting.

>Oh yeah? You're wrong. Why? because I literally do high-bar back squats using normie form, and I do bro form front squats. The movements feels 100% different. For you to think they're the same shows you're just pulling shit out of your ass and have never actually done bro form squatting while also high bar squatting.
The butthurt is strong in this one.

Go ahead and keep doing whatever you want, dude. You're still not doing front squats nor is your form improving.

I'm sure all the oly lifters in the world totally agree with you though and they totally do front squats with bro-form.

Oh wait.

Why are you simply ignoring what I said?

On high volume lower days, high-bar back squatting tires out my lower back, then I switch to Front squats and I can continue repping out set after set in order to get extra volume. Seems the front squat is working just as a front squat should, ie gives my lower back a rest in order to get my legs more volume. I don't see what the problem is here?

Did you just get rekt and can't handle it?

Stretch your wrists to fucking hell and beyond.
I had the same issue but front squat nearly 100kg. nowadays with oly-form.