High Bar vs. Meme Bar

I'm going to get this out there and say I just hit a 2pl8 squat at a mock meet with my buddy, whom himself hit 2.5pl8. The difference is that I have been lifting for 1 year and 4 months while he has been lifting for only a year and been following a brosplit. I've been trying to explain to him that the only reason he squats more than me is that he squats low bar and only goes to parallel while I squat HIGHBAR and go ATG.

Whenever I bring this up he tells me that he squats more because he takes lifting more seriously than me and eats more, which is of course not true. I've been following SS and eating 2.5k calories every day for the past year while he follows some brosplit he found on BB.com, if I wanted to be a pussy and squat low bar and barely hit parallel I would BLOW HIM out of the fucking WATER, but I don't because I'm not a pussy who cheats to lift more.

Anyways, I believe that the high bar squat is superior to the lowbar. First of all, High bar emphasizes quads, engaging less of the posterior chain, meaning that the muscle that squats are SUPPOSED to target, the LEGS, are trained much more efficiently. On top of this, the smaller use of the posterior chain puts more emphasis on the quadriceps, meaning that high bar is a true display of how strong your lower body is instead of how strong your back is.

Low bar engages the glutes and hamstrings more, with more stress on the hips and less on the knees. It emphasizes quads less, which is not what we want when we are SQUATTING for our LEGS, meaning low bar should be reserved for an accessory if anything along with the Front Squat, which is basically a useless meme exercise.

In conclusion, low bar is for CHEATERS who just want to stroke their dick at the gym by putting up bigger numbers while real lifters like me perform the proper movement that has more carryover to real life and other lifts, such as those performed in Weightlifting. I may not be that good at squats, but at least I squat HIGH BAR!!!

Discuss

>Front Squat, which is basically a useless meme exercise.

What the fuck did you just fucking say, you little bitch?

if your not feeling your posterior chain on the eccentric portion of your squat you are not going ATG faggot

I hope you realize the difference between low bar high bar is simply back angle and bar placement and that it offers no real advantage either way other than some people feel more comfortable with either more or less compression or flexion on their spine

This would not give your friend a 50 pound advantage

Now, if you were talking more about feet placement your argument would be more valid

And if you say the point of training legs is to hit the quads front squats are not a meme you dip

I understand this is obvious b8 but fuck you m8

> I just hit a 2pl8 squat at a mock meet
>Discuss

well personally i don't think you should be commenting on squat forms with those pathetic stats

this was also sorta my point but I wasn't gonna wreck the kid like that kek

LOL look here comes the squatting expert that squats 2 plates after a year and a half (LMFAO) and has concluded that FRONT SQUATS are a MEME hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHH get the fuck out of here small boy

This is the best parody of Veeky Forums I have ever read. Hats off to you senpai.

Prove him wrong by putting 280 on the bar and low bar squatting it.

>pro tip
>you won't be able to

Though this is probably bait anyhow.

>I just hit a 2pl8 squat
stopped reading

No you don't understand. I go ASS TO FUCKING GROUND while he BARELY hits parallel. I feel it in my posterior chain but nowhere near as much as I would doing lowbar. On top of this it is a KNOWN FACT that lowbar squatting utlizes more MUSCLE TISSUE meaning that the lifter can squat more weight.

Okay please enlighten me about how front squats are useful outside of olyboo lifting you stupid faggot, which is a DYING sport

I'm not meming you idiot, I'm being serious.

>has more carryover to real life
explain pls

>I'm not memeing
Whatever you say there guy

Don't you know that when you lift heavy things, you do so while trying to isolate your quads?

>following SS for the past year
>just hit 2pl8 squat
>2.5k calories

Too much bait in one post

Is a troll but 2 plate squat on ss is what you should be doing 2-3 months in. Friend did a 405 diddylift after 4 months.

Well writ, OP; I had a good chuckle at your joke.

low bar is for pussies

he's right. But you're a weak faggot who can only squat 2 plates. I squatted that after 1 month of training at 58kg bodyweight

you are confusing a wide stance powerlifting squat with just a standard lowbar squat you novice if you just scoot the fucking bar 2 inches down your back and lean like 10 degrees more forward it changes basically shit, the axis you are moving the weight on will still be in line with the triple extension

Yes, if you take a powerlifting stance like an autistic crap and load all the weight back and get like a 6 inch ROM you will incorporate more tissue muscle fibers (even though you exactly aren't and I can elaborate on this later if somebody ask my stance) and be able to lift more

But if you're at a mock powerlifting meet isn't this how you should be lifting? Why would you hit unnecessary depth and risking loosing muscle tension by hitting ATG on a 1ROM max?

I'm falling for this b8 so hard but I'm bored

Congrats talent cuck I wish I had your genetics! You didn't do it, your genetics did, FUCKING TAKENTKEKS OUT

unless you are just genetic shit 2 plate should come to you at 4 months, maximum

muh genetics

>actually believing that dyel's lies

>Squats a whopping 1rm of 2pl8 ATG
>After a year plus of lifting
>Thinks he's qualified to educate anyone on anything related to squatting
These are the people who try to give you advice on fit. I really am at a loss for words at this point. The fact that you lift so little and still feel so superior to others is truly appalling. Here you go, OP, proof that you are literally a novice squatter after 1.5 years of what you must think was hard work. By the way, I entered your weight as 150 which is giving you the benefit of the doubt, realistically you weigh a lot more than that so your stats would be even less impressive.
I am dead ass serious when I say you should kill yourself

>These are the people who try to give you advice on fit.

>implying Veeky Forumsizens aren't the most knowledgeable lifters on the internet

Nah, that figure is pure bullshit. It doesn't take into account that I squat with superior HIGHBAR and go ATG. Why should I trust it?

I know there's a 99% chance this is either sarcasm or bait but in the off chance it isn't:
Veeky Forumsizens on average know fuck all about fitness. They hop on starting strength and make some solid strength gains for 2 months then decide that since they squat more often than the average Gymbro and bench 20 pounds more than they did when they started that they are fucking gurus and are qualified to give advice and talk down to others over the Internet. The average Veeky Forumsizen is an insanely arrogant novice.

I squat 360 parallel and 300 ATG after 8 months of lifting. You should feel bad, OP.

>promotes high bar
>shits on front squats

What backwards ads world do you hail from my negro

Congrats genetic freak

Because they are a fucking me me, I can never balance that shit on my front. In what real like circumstance would I need to front squat something?

>They hop on starting strength and make some solid strength gains for 2 months then decide that since they squat more often than the average Gymbro and bench 20 pounds more than they did when they started that they are fucking gurus and are qualified to give advice and talk down to others over the Internet.

>implying there's anything wrong with that

You've clearly never experienced a real life strength scenario, 80% of the time your "functional strength" is tested it's a front loaded lower body movement an overhead shoulder movement or a rowing type movement.

No, it isn't. Your functional strength is always tested on whether you're doing HIGHBAR and ATG or not.

Fuck off your not the OP

Don't worry, I'm just helping you out here. I think we're winning this argument.

OK thanks friend

>going ass to ground

Damn, dude. You might as well snip what remains of your ligaments with scissors.

Keep telling yourself that pussy. Gotta stroke your 4 inch cock by cheating the iron, huh? Pathetic desu

I for one agree with OP, it's only a real squat if it's HIGH BAR and ASS TO GROUND

Bump

>2pl8 squat
>Not realizing that's babby weight.
I literally hit that in 3 weeks when I did SS

>hamstrings are not legs

I do 1 plate because I had a knee injury and I start getting bad joint pain at any kind of higher weight.

>tfw I've basically become a curlbro

Nice one m80

>hit 2pl8
>he thinks his opinion matters
Come back in a year when you're done squatting girly weight you vagina

I squat heavy atg and high bar works better for me. Low bar tends to aggravate my right SI joint. My lifting partner does low bar and I lift 30kg more and deeper than him.

>Following SS
>Doing hibar instead of lowbar
You are not doing SS. You're not power cleaning either, are you.

I followed SS exactly as it was prescribed, I think I'm just a hard gainer desu.

SS has you doing barbell rows instead of Power Cleans. It never said anything about which way to squat so you can go right bak2reddit kid

>doing SS for more almost 18 months
>just hit 2pl8 squat for 1rm
>so i'm going to tell you all about how fucking wrong you all are

kek

It literally describes a low bar squat in the book

Please point me to the exact page and paragraph cuck

Not him, but it's page 24 paragraph 2 you nonce

Okay post proof then, and just know that I have a good eye for shops

I don't know why I went through the trouble of doing this

Have you ever read the book?

No, But I've been watching Crossfit (tm) videos and i think i'm finally big bro

>I just hit a 2pl8 squat
>I have been lifting for 1 year and 4 months

Stopped reading there.

Is it gay to want to fuck a qt3.14 trap? My friend always talks about it and keeps saying "no homo, teehee winky face". Is he gay or just being a faggot?

It's not gay if she has a feminine dick

trip on trappy

Good for you

Get this gay shit out of my thread, I'm trying to discuss the merits of high bar ATG squatting

Trap thread?

You came for the discuss

But you stay for the traps

I find low bar alot harder for me

Time for spidey?

I barely have the shoulder mobility for high bar, how the fuck would I possibly be able to do low bar? I've been doing mobility work like shoulder dislocates before every workout but have had basically zero increase in shoulder mobility.

>is it gay?

who fucking cares. do whatever the fuck you wanna do

Ima need some sauce on that. Post moar

you should only ever go just below parallel with a squat, you can blow out your back going ass to literal grass because going too low causes your spine to round which is bad when lifting anything other than bodyweight

high bar squats are better if you're already deadlifting because low bar works a lot of the muscles that you're working in a deadlift already.

you shouldnt give a fuck about progressing fast, just upping the weight when you can lift with perfect form and whenever your program calls for progressive overload

>whenever your program calls for progressive overload

EVERY FUCKING WORKOUT
DRINK YOUR FUCKING MILK
GET HUGE
CMON

CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Widening your grip will help if you've not already done that