In what historical army branch you would love to serve?

>when you never will be a hussar in the Russian Empire

life is pain brehs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashi-bazouk
youtube.com/watch?v=6pTPMq4ZrGw
youtube.com/watch?v=xeNeQen4KlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The SS

Why am I not suprissed?

None.

Praetorians sound comfy as fuck desu,
>get paid in wine, gold, and mad Court bitches to watch this pampered ass emperor
>if he stops my flow of gold, women, or wine me and my lads will ransom, depose, or otherwise rid ourselves of him in favor of somebody who will provide wine women and gold
>probably die early of an STD
Truly a life worth living, as long as you don’t mind the entire betraying your oath bullshit.

I'd like being an officer of a rich country in the process of roflstomping a much weaker country in favorable enviroments.

Swiss Guard
>be comfy af
>defend the Pope

I would choose this too, but Im still pissed they didnt save Rome when it was sacked by Alaric. Where the FUCK where they????

This. Preferably in a secure and comfy position, like some attaché in the ministry of defense or some shit

an artillery officer in a Victorian era army that won most of their battles. Blasting niggas all day sounds fun

>I would choose this too, but Im still pissed they didnt save Rome when it was sacked by Alaric. Where the FUCK where they????

Idiot, they were disbanded for almost a century by that point. Replaced by the Palatine Schools.

somewhere where i won't die a horrible violent dead in a muddy field?

Probably granted clemency for not assaulting back like he did with most of the churches and civvies
I also was more referring to an ERE Praetorian when their influence was absolute

>blasting niggas
lmao

Palatine Guard was formed in the 19th century. Im talking about the sack of Rome in 410 you cocksucking faggot dont call me an idiot you stupid son of a bitchwhore cuntface slutbag hoe

>Palatine Guard was formed in the 19th century

>being this angry about Alaric sacking Rome
Get fucked faggot, you wouldn’t make it in the praetorians with that sense of naivety
You’d die before you became an Equite

>Blasting niggas all day sounds fun
probably for you, you sissy faggot

>die en masse to a bunch of drunk Germans

[takes 315% casualties]

>he doesn't want to blow apart conscripted proles with his howitzer
What are you, some kind of faggot?

Probably a footslogger that one

you might like this, rare to see cavalry charging towards the camera in very old photos usually its side on or posed. not sure when this but there is a small lmg with a top mounted disc magazine on the pavement.

>ywn be a fighter pilot during the early days of aviation warfare
>ywn strafe godless commie cavalry with your Albatros

One of Bomber Harris' squadron.

A Hussar in Napoleon's Army

shiiiet, that is a cool picture. Gun looks quite modern, prob world war 2 picture.
Did I say anything about soviet Russia? No, I said Russian Empire. Pref during the Napaleonic, Crimean or Ruso-Turkish war.

Auxiliary Red army troops

Uniforms of the White army´s Officer regiments were GOAT

Aviation pre-WW1. Might get nicked by a stray round every 20 flights or get lost and have to land to trade farmers for fuel. Go back to base, have some damn fine brandy, stagger into town to shag the combat-wife, then back to base by morning to do it all again, slightly tipsy from pre-mission morning beers.

It'd be pretty depressing to live into the 40's era of aerial warfare, but by that point you're retired and living in a comfy cottage with the actual wife and some kids who see you as a hero, surrounded by friendly neighbours and fellow veterans you drink with daily down at the pub.

Until Tsar was overtrown, Russians did have quite baller uniforms.

sounds really cool man

That still exists, m8

and? It asked for a historical branch, not a no longer extant branch

i figured WW1 as it looks similar to a Lewis gun. cant remember where i got it from so cant even ask someone.

Could be a Soviet DG like pic related
I think it would be somewhere in Eastern Europe, Poland maybe during the invasion, but it could also be WW1
Horse regiments were a thing throughout WW2 on both sides
They were about as common as bicycle troops tho

>DG
DP, sorry, DP-27 specifically

gun looks a good match better than a lewis, still thinking WW1 though as they are wearing braided cavalry dress rather than standard dress.

It would have to be between 1-2 if it was a DP tho, they weren’t in service til 1928
It’s probably something obscure lel

its definitely not Dp-28, those cavalrymen have ww1 uniforms

Looks like a Lewis gun

Looks more like WW1

Gallowglas.

>ywn be posted to Egypt in the 1870s and fug qt.colonials

The USMC

>t. US Marine

Army of Northern Virginia, 11th Mississippi Infantry Regiment, Company K

>Did I say anything about soviet Russia? No, I said Russian Empire. Pref during the Napaleonic, Crimean or Ruso-Turkish war.
what are you talking about sperg, i didnt even mention anybody

>Polish partisans paint the Kotwica everywhere, on walls, helmets and captured tanks as a sign of resistance and identification
>protestors in the early 1980s adopt the kotwica to protest the communist regime
>Current Polish SF's use the Kotwica as a patch; JWK adopted Armia Krajowa battalion logos
80 years and going strong

>tfw you will never die for your people on a crusade against Judeo-Bolshevism in a muddy ditch in Ukraine

>dumbass Polack with some his laughable shit

Every. Fucking. Thread.

>ywn be a Greek during the Greco-Turkish War

who hurt you user

>tfw volunteering for Turks for fun

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashi-bazouk

>you will never fight in Alexander The Greats army conquering the known world and acquiring a qt Persian girl on the way.

Why even live

Do you even /byz/?

the granny in the middle looks so happy to be there

>English Varangian

hold the fuck up. what?

Protecting my country and europe from the forces of evil

I would be a carolean

Anglosaxon would be the more correct term, they joined after Hastings

>tripfags as a calvary commander
>wants to be in the infantry
At least make your Lost Cause bullshit consistent.

and failing?

>wanting to walk slowly into musket volleys
can't think of a shittier army to serve in

I would most likely not get hit

WWII U.S. fighter pilot and I would bring a hooker with me on every flight.

WWI Italian trench armor

Armor won't protect him from Cadorna's stupidity

Musketeer of the Protestant Bohemian army during the 1618 revolt

>implying Forrest was exclusively cavalry commander
>Forrest used his horsemen as a modern general would use motorized infantry. He liked horses because he liked fast movement, and his mounted men could get from here to there much faster than any infantry could; but when they reached the field they usually tied their horses to trees and fought on foot, and they were as good as the very best infantry.

Faggot

Probably some kind of french voltigeur
>flank and shoot shit all day
>live off the land, steal alcohol from some italian farmers and get drunk with bros who would die for you
>dominate Europe for a good twenty years

Thanks for undermining your otherwise well-reasoned argument by punctuating it with a baseless slur

>Dude wants to fight in an army which will no only lose, but pretty much every member of the unit he wants to fight it will be killed on imprisoned

The Companion Cavalry of Alexander is my choice.

>being this much of a faggot

Light cavalry

Congratulations, user. You have enlisted in The Duke of Cambridge's Own 17th Lancers. Your orders are to assault that artillery battery.

If I had to choose (ideally none because the old adage about war is true) it would be the White Company under John Hawkwood.

Whichever army had the most fearsome warriors, least chain of command bullshit, and most chance of loot + rape.

So I'm thinking a germanic soldier in barbarian invasion era

>when you never will be a winged hussar in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland

life is truly suffering

Being a Warsaw Uprising AK partisan would suck tho

Realistically? A grenadier for whatever country my ancestry comes from.

ik, but that was the only Polish reaction image i have :/

atleast you'd be able to say you fought a good fight, did what was necessary for a genuinely noble cause.

>ywn ride across Frankish lands
>ywn hear Roland's horn call through the mountains
>ywn wield a magic sword made by Wayland
>ywn restore a fraction of the light of rome
>ywn be a paladin
>no one will ever sing your song

U.S. Chemical Corps 1st Gas and Flame Regiment, 1918

>atleast you'd be able to say you fought a good fight, did what was necessary for a genuinely noble cause.
If you survived of course
youtube.com/watch?v=6pTPMq4ZrGw

Hope you like dying of the Spanish flu

Warlord goon in warlord China
>volunteer in the local army cause i'm being kicked out
>get issued a sick rifle
>some nice dreads too
>sometimes shoot at nomad horsemen and rival war lord goons
>be gratefull for each meal you occationally get once a day
>die in your 40s unforfilled and taking your liniage with you

Wait.

Tenth mounted legion is the only correct answer

>his smile and optimism: gone

yeah thats a big "if", both sides endured brutal fighting. Didnt the SS take something like 300% casualties?

also
>video not available in your country
>little to no English videos on the Warsaw Uprising
:/

Who wouldn't pick the hussars? Regardless of which Hussars you join the only rules are: 1. you have to be drunk, 2. you have to ride around on a horse. You sometimes have to be at a place at around about a certain time but other than you can do whatever you want.

True
-Baller jacket
-Pimpin hat
-All the women want to ride your dick

Jesus he looks like a strong wind would kill him.

It did
*rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves*

conquistador

>Not wanting to be one of the glorious Empress's dragoons

Old tercio during the italian wars

>>video not available in your country
WTF YOUTUBE
Does this mirror work?
youtube.com/watch?v=xeNeQen4KlA

P.S. What cunt?

Which period OP?
But generally, artillery.