/wlg/ /owg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults, bullying, and shitposting to a minimum.

>Doping news
allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/
olympic.org/news/statement-by-the-ioc-executive-board
They're gonna extend the testing. Expect even more people getting caught.

>How to Snatch w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

>How to Clean & Jerk w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

>Pas notes about the Chinese System
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2016/02/notes-from-china.html

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

>Everett Basic Novice Program
imgur.com/pCKsrOM
catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

>Takano Example Programs [CIII, CII, CI, CMS]
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing

>Mobility stuff
catalystathletics.com/video/section/2/Mobility-Flexibility-Training-Prep/

>Useful videos
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Helpful blogs
yashathoughts.com
chinfl.blogspot.com

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

m.inform.kz/en/article/2910831
orthoassociates.com/SP11B39/
youtube.com/watch?v=MIi0Ysp9UlU
youtube.com/watch?v=jM6EVgu7CL0
youtube.com/watch?v=u3vfUuTq2oE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi lads. Been doing some front squats and push jerks can I be a cool weightlifter now?

Also if I was going to do a clean and press should I clean with a normal clean grip or my press grip?

is 6x3 @65kg snatches good for the second time you're doing them, even if you're a big boy like me (117kg)?

Had to press them to lockout quite a lot of times due to missed timing, how to improve this?

why do i keep hitting my throat with the bar during cleans?

clean grip
your press grip should also be your clean grip if you ain't a square

why are you worried about if it's good or not
it's literally your second time lifting nothing is good
and you won't ever be good until you snatch +150
unless you live in a developed country in which case you'll never be good
so stop worrying about it and get back to work

you don't know how to pull
after extending pull the bar into throat (not actually but just the idea) with elbows pointing up, then sweep elbows around with bar as pivot point
this is also how you prevent crashing

goddamit what episode is that from?

>elbows pointing up

doesnt china teach elbows back and russia elbows up

when i watch china pulls they always bring the elbows back early compared to russia

nope, up
it looks like back because most elites immediately sweep elbows as soon as they finish extending
but if you look at them do muscle snatches you can see them pulling fully and then sweeping elbows under
also russians don't teach sweep afaik
they just bend into the bar or something

form check pls

y dont u get receive the bar lower on ur jerk. u could jerk higher numbers

btw not bashing you at all. you probably have the best form here.

mirin the jerks

commisar is still more explosive. don't let your boipussi get too wet you chink loving twink.

Is ilya kill?

I was lurking and someone told durkz that his meniscus tear will repair over time

this is false, meniscus tears do not heal. there is no blood flow to the area. It's surgery or nothing.

Shitty info but maybe?
m.inform.kz/en/article/2910831

Dang. RIP in piece durkz :^(

I did 90kg clean on my first day, but the second time i was there with a coach i was only allowed to touch the barbell due to my form.

he may not need surgery if it's not painful and not likely to deteriorate as per his physician's recommendations. Non-surgical options increasingly being considered in medical field, esp for knee

Ilin gonna test positive

Roidfags btfo

>roiding for this

rude

I injured my right shoulder by losing a snatch behind me
The injury doesn't bother me day-to-day except very rarely from a pressing motion but the pain is sharp when I try to perform the rear hand clasp and it affects my mobility in the snatch. How to fix?

Pay a coach and a health professional

Doctor visits are not cheap in Ameristan and the only remotely qualified coaches in the area are XFitters
There are hardly even PLers in my area

>Doctor visits are not cheap

IT'S FUCKING 2015+1

AND YOU TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE

HEALTH FUCKING CARE

IN YOUR FUCKING COUNTRY

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR GOVERNMENT DOING WITH YOUR MONEY NIGGA

>Doctor visits are not cheap
AMERICA

LAND OF THE FREE

BUT YOU MUST PAY FOR THE DOCTOR

>free speech
who the hell pays to speak?

basically, costs are artificially inflated for important shit (medication/healthcare/education/infrastructure/housing) due to endemic corruption and lack of oversight in Ameristan. A good example is the Anderson Memorial Bridge in Cambridge, which took less than a year to build in 1912, and yet today took over 5 years and ~$27 million to repair, which is several times its inflation-adjusted original cost.

USA! USA! USA!

Its not even really corruption in the case of medical care, its a downward spiral of fighting with the insurance companies.

Big insurance companies refuse to pay the ticket price for services rendered to their insurees. Hospitals retaliate by jacking up the billed amounts so that they're making money even after the insurance company shorts them. And anyone without insurance or belonging to an insurance company without the clout to pull the "we're paying 70%, take it or leave it" stunts gets fucked right in the wallet.

Emergency room stuff is even worse because then you've got to factor in the number of patients the hospital knows damn well it'll never get money from - and that's a lot because the nature of the US medical system throws up a lot more emergency visits than most comparable western countries.

I agree with you, though I would consider it falling under the umbrella of 'lack of oversight', which is to say that dysfunctional systems in this country are allowed to fester without effective intervention. In any case, I appreciate your added clarity.

People in the Middle East. For example, before one of my friends emigrated to the United States, she was living in Iraq (originally from Pakistan). She made a passing criticism of Saddam Hussein at a party and one of her friends rushed her out the door and into a vehicle to drive to her over the border. What's the big deal? Before long they had Hussein's vehicles chasing them. She made it safely, her friend got her a good head start, but she moved immediately. Some people in the world can pay with their lives to speak, my friend.

Trappy get here pls. I asked about 80-100kg OHP since I don't bench and you said it was pretty possible to reach that in 6 months, I have also looked at strongman forums and have seen quite a few people manage it like that too so doesn't even seem that uncommon.

Why are some people telling me it will take 1-2 years?

Fug, didn't realise this was OWG.
Why is this appearing when I search PLG? D:

Most strongman competitors and wannabe competitors are a) huge bastards and b) on gear. Also strongman has very loose ideas on form.

I'm not saying its impossible to do that increase fast - and if anyone can do it, its strongman trainees since they're the only ones seriously focusing on it - but most people aren't going to PR on their press max every week to get that kind of increase.

Prepare to see weightlifting scrapped from the olympics with all the busts lately

not true
there's blood flow everywhere in your body
ligaments/tendons just get very little.. it can take a year for protein turnover to occur in that kind of connective tissue

it will heal, it will just take a while. growth hormone and secretatogues and such help a lot i hear.

panic

y-yeah?

Gh can literally regrow tissue so it would

Androdurkz could get some I'm sure

Ipamorelin and other cheaper peptides can help too look at lovchev lol

SEND HELP

my point is the lig. will heal without drugs.

with some gh stuff it will heal an order of magnitude faster though

but fyi none of this is WADA approved :^)

Can we have that in non-kebap?

Idk.. Kenya?????

Thanks obama

I'm gonna buy some Cissus and if that don't work I'm gonna out bench isley by 10kg then by that point I should be able to afford some gh

>out bench isley by 10kg
>tfw low standards

Form check?

Yeaah.

165kg bench 365lbs isn't enough bench?

You're a sensitive guy

This is some real Olympic level shit right here

Not that bad, be more agressive for your third pull

You mean pull under harder?
FYI those were meant to be power snatches.

the future of the IWF and olympics!
Jon Norths fed might actually catch steam or another fed like it.

huh

I woke up at 7 because i couldnt breath but that was the only time last night

not everywhere. Deep meniscal tissue is avascular. Par example,
>Arthroscopic surgery is the only way to treat the tear since there are currently no medications, braces, or physical therapy treatments that have been shown to promote healing in the avascular tears.
orthoassociates.com/SP11B39/

It says that the outer ring of the meniscus, comprising of maybe 20% of total, has blood supply but the rest does not. There is no blood supply in the innermost components

If you have a source that leads you to believe otherwise, then I'd be very curious to read it

ur mum

its just like hippocampal neurogenesis
>yeah but it only occurs in the hippocampus haha
no
the generated neurons leak out and go EVERYWHERE
dumby

m8 the burden of proof is on you if you're disagreeing with virtually the entire medical literature on meniscal tears

As far as I know most magical tears do not heal on their own... meniscus actually degenerate over time to the contrary... I've already had surgery for one and I put a lot of research into my injury so I think commisar is right.

>commisar
eh

and yes I've researched them a lot considering I've had 80% of my right meniscus removed

i dont remember commenting on the issue

no the burden of proof is on you. you are literally the one making the claim in the first place, 99% of tissues in the body heal and have bloodflow
if u say this one dont you are going against all the physioloyy papers

also, "le burden of proof"? you shluld return to redit, durkz

yes, 99% of the body has blood flow that heals. Part of that 1% that doesn't includes the inner 80% of the meniscus. The source I posted above is one of many with identical conclusions.

this is not me

juust looked at it now..
>orthoassociates
literally run by jews. they can't be trusted. "le lets remove 100% of ur meniscus for $60,000, it wont heal on its own and this will somehow repair it, heheh!"

I gathered

ok

Connective tissue usually is highly vascular (has a rich blood supply). Exceptions include cartilage, which is avascular, and tendons, which have a small blood supply. There are three basic elements to connective tissue: cells.
Connective tissue usually is highly vascular (has a rich blood supply). Exceptions include cartilage, which is avascular, and tendons, which have a small blood supply. There are three basic elements to connective tissue: cells.

>a little blood supply

Epithelia are avascular, which means “without vessel”. The vessels that supply nutrients and remove wastes are located in the adjacent connective tissue. The exchange of material between epithelium and connective tissue is by diffusion.
Epithelia are avascular, which means “without vessel”. The vessels that supply nutrients and remove wastes are located in the adjacent connective tissue. The exchange of material between epithelium and connective tissue is by diffusion.

>diffusion, diffusion, diffusion
THERE IS STILL A NUTRIENT SUPPLY DUMBY
YOU'RE DUMB

Cmon, we know commi is pretentiously dumb, but not to this degree
Baiting too hard m8

Still waiting on official confirmation.

Btw I was rewatching the WWC 2010 105 and they mention that Aramnau was suspected of doping and was being tested at that time.
Nothing came of it obviously, but I wonder if they're gonna re-test him now again with the new technology. I highly doubt Aramnau would come out negative.

Seems like the Klokov olympic gold medal isn't too far.

What makes you think your klok isn't gonna come out positive :^)
Then he'd be cucked out of every relevant medal
Such exciting times

True. They didn't mention non champions... did they?

He definitely would if he had competed in 2012.

His performance in 2008 was nowhere near the level of his performance on gear though. He only got 230 C&J and 193kg Snatch.
I highly doubt he will come out positive.

It can happen though, who knows. But I don't really expect it.

Aramnau got 200kg Snatch and 236kg C&J with ridiculous ease though. No way he's not gonna come out positive if they retest.

20 caught overall
More tests to come

Wishful thinking

>Wishful thinking
agree

We're all doing nothing but wishful thinking and talking about rumours at this point, isn't it?

I'm not saying he's natty. Just saying his performance in 2008 makes me expect him to be off the gear for long enough.

It's all just rumours and games right? Hahahahahahaha. I can't be wrong because we're just speculating hahahahahahahaha!

Eat shit.

>his performance on gear though

what's his performance on gear like according to your expert opinion?

his best results were only 6kg higher than what he did in beijing

everyone fucking lifts bigger number in training obviously

why do i hate squatting so much? i've been squatting for nearing 2 years and i still dread it. i still haven't even hit 3 plate yet. can power cleans and push press be enough for legs?

Not natty lifters. They usually have bugger comp numbers.

6kg over was his best performance off gear and you're technically wrong. Jojoba has done 202.5/240 in competition.

>being this buttmad about nothing

lmfao

His performance on gear is exactly 803.26kg total

as a superheavy and before injuries ur a idiot 2 durkz

>>people getting mad at facts.

He got 206kg snatch right before the 2012 olympics.

with straps and as a superheavy in training i already said everyone lifts heavier in training

LMAO BRUH LOVCHEV HIT 220 SNATCH HE IS NATTY CAUSE HE ONLY HIT 211

IOC ordered these tests right?
I assume theyre looking for reasons to get rid of a sport thats not interesting commercial wise

>everyone lifts heavier in training

No. Ilya Ilyin best numbers are from competition. Xiaojun best numbers are from competition. And this is just citing two well known lifters, there are many more with bigger comp numbers than training numbers.

And Klokov wasn't 120kg in training, he was under 110kg. Probably closer to 105kg as the snatch video was near the olympics.

They both hit higher numbers in training though lad

Proof or gtfo

>lya Ilyin best numbers are from competition

yeah ilya hit 197/241 as a 94

lu hit 181/220 as 77 both in comp

how did i forget that damn

youtube.com/watch?v=MIi0Ysp9UlU

youtube.com/watch?v=jM6EVgu7CL0
youtube.com/watch?v=u3vfUuTq2oE
Lu hit 180+220 in training and ilya 196/240 in preparation for london

. I wanna start leaning out but I havent reached an appreciate strength level yet so ... What should I hit before I start cutting?

>Current (all lbs)
Front Squat - 210x5
Bench - 205 3x5
OHP - 138 3x5
Barbell Row - 220 3x5

I'm 5'10'' and 188lbs ... probably 18 or 19% BF
/

>yeah ilya hit 197/241 as a 94

Video proof

>lu hit 181/220 as 77 both in comp

Lu is a roider so who cares

Straps

>he thinks the largest weight class in weightlifting is +120kg
back to /plg/ please

You're too new to be posting your opinion. Sorry.

So if ilya gets caught and disqualified the medals will go to russians and iranians, who every knows are super clean, or perhaps they re-test everyone, given half of the A group have already recieved doping bans, until no one is left but south korea and great britain?