Who else here /AfraidoftheDark/?

Who else here /AfraidoftheDark/?

Maybe I'm a pussy or maybe it's just natural instinct, but I definitely feel incredibly uncomfortable alone in the dark. When walking up my stairs at night I can't help but feel a eerie chill come over me and my mind wanders to frightening places.

I'm an adult, a big guy thanks to this community and I rationally know I have nothing to fear, and yet this creeping feeling still comes over me.

Can anyone else relate?

What is that comic, and is there more?

Bro at least through me some courtesy discussion.

I have a thing about stair cases in the dark. The ghost puncher story someone posted a while ago actually helped me with it. Other than that I'm good.

Ghost puncher story?

I'm sitting in my kitchen in the dark right now. just made a snack and went outside for some air with no light. feels good once youre eyes have adjusted.

I was until I was about 20, then it went away

It's probably total bullshit but the tl; dr is anons bro moved into a haunted house. Got the shits with apparitions and shit moving. He started shit talking the ghosts and punching shadows

Hahaha that sounds like a good story.

That's what I used to do when I was spooked. I'd imagine myself going full ape mode and just using every ounce of my body to pummel whatever it was that was out to get me.

Get big enough to beat up the dark.

When I turn off the basement lights at night, I sprint to my bed and flip on the lights to scare away the monsters.

I'm 19 years old and I'm still scared of the boogieman, is this normal?

I don't mind the darkness. What I hate is absolute silence.

I work at 4 AM. Never any light on the walk to my car. That's fine with me. If I hear birds and some other ambient noise, no problem. But when there is literally no noise, that's when it's 3spooky5me. The silence that's so heavy you can almost feel it closing in on you.

In most ghost stories I don't get the ghosts endgame. Once they kill you won't you be a ghost and then just fuck up their shit? Like that one horror movie that came out awhile back about the girl who got cyber bullied and killed herself and she came back as a ghost to get her tormentors, let's walk through this real quick.
>you cyber bully girl
>she kills herself because feelings
>she comes back as a ghost
>kills you
>you are now a ghost
>cyber bully her to death in the afterlife
>rinse and repeat for all eternity

Sorry, can't. Must have more of this cartoon.

Have you ever felt the future is the past? (and you don't know why)

this, and when there's a vast space like an auditorium or something - you know it's fairly large but you have no idea what's in it because it's pitch fucking black

empty, unlit manmade structures creep the hell out of me

Well OP, the thing is human beings have a natural, instinctive fear of the dark.
We can't see well, there's unknown things in the dark (As a result of not being able to see clearly) even in an enclosed space.

And for everything we're able to somewhat make out the shape of, everything we're hearing, our mind wanders trying to fill in the blanks as to what it could be that makes up that shape or is behind that one noise.

It's completely rational to be afraid of the dark, OP.

That said get swole enough to make the dark fear you, only then will you truly transcend humanity.

I don't know what people see in that story.

I'm pretty sure it was one guy spamming his own story again and again