Why didn't PLC ever invade the HRE?

Why didn't PLC ever invade the HRE?
Did they fear the Holy Roman Warrior?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karksi_(1600)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wenden_(1601)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kokenhausen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Wolmar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fellin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Reval_(1602)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Weissenstein
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rakvere_(1603)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Weissenstein
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kircholm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Pärnu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Salis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Daugavgriva_(1609)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_Kėdainiai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisowczycy#Devils_in_the_Holy_Empire
youtube.com/watch?v=-UL8MCgwTlk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Spanish one do you mean?

>American education

>Holy
>Roman

why would they? invading the HRE means fighting austria, and fighting austria up until 1700 meant fighting spain. it would be an extremely difficult fight, and even if they won they'd be exhausted and vulnerable to the russians and especially to the ottomans who no longer have to worry about the austrians

They were busy being raped by Russians and Swedes, and why would a Polish king look at a map and say "hmmm... frankufurt... bavaria... that's the direction this country is heading to"

>They were busy being raped by Russians and Swedes
They raped Russia and Sweden.

PLC was a history of rapes and counter-rapes

They were allies.

The whole "Germans vs Poles" things is mostly Prussia vs Poland. They even had the Elector of Saxony as their king.

because Polish kings were retarded

How did the PLC rape sweden?

>How did the PLC rape sweden?
On the battlefield.

Because 'pospolite ruszenie', followed by laughably small standing army meant it couldn't lead aggressive wars

>Pospolite ruszenie is a name for the mobilisation of armed forces during the period of the Kingdom of Poland and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The tradition of wartime mobilisation of part of the population existed from before the 13th century to the 19th century.

>Szlachta from regions like the Commonwealth's eastern and southern borderlands, where combat was common, created fairly competent units, while those from peaceful regions of the Commonwealth lacked battle experience and training compared to regular-military troops or mercenaries. In time, pospolite ruszenie became increasingly amateurish and inefficient when compared to professional soldiers; Bardach notes that this process can be seen as early as the Thirteen Years' War (1454–66).[7] In addition to the lack of training, discipline and unstandardized equipment, the time it took for a pospolite ruszenie to be called to arms and gathered in a designed spot (often, close to a month) was also a problem.

>By the 17th century, the military value of the pospolite ruszenie was very limited, and was last called to participate in the Battle of Warsaw of 1656 during The Deluge (the battle ended with a Polish defeat).[7] Nonetheless, the szlachta continued to believe they formed an elite army, and that their participation in the defense of the country was an important reason for their privileged position in it.[7][12] As this was used as a justifications for lower taxation, the Commonwealth treasury found itself increasingly starved for funds to pay to regular, standing army.[7] With the Commonwealth Army reduced by that time to around 16,000, it was easy for its neighbors to overpower its armies (the Imperial Russian Army numbered 300,000; the Prussian Army and Imperial Austrian Army, 200,000).[13]

It was the worst kind of decentralization, oligarchy and freedom-loving that lead to this

>With the Commonwealth Army reduced by that time to around 16,000, it was easy for its neighbors to overpower its armies (the Imperial Russian Army numbered 300,000; the Prussian Army and Imperial Austrian Army, 200,000).

>16,000

top kek

The Commonwealth was in an even worse state than the HRE. Golden Liberty wrecked them hard.

You're on point.

The fragmanetation of the HRE is overstated compared to the other states

Yeah. And Prussians with Russians did everything they could to prevent PLC from actually reforming.

When?

Really?

>Slavshit Polacks raping Nordic Übermensch

lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karksi_(1600)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wenden_(1601)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kokenhausen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Wolmar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fellin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Reval_(1602)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Weissenstein
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rakvere_(1603)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Weissenstein
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kircholm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Pärnu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Salis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Daugavgriva_(1609)

Want me to go on?

Yeah not trying to refute you or anything. Just wanna know.

Threw a quick glance on the wikipedia page for the deluge and the poles is only able to turn the tide once russia and brandenburg joined the war.

>wasting a get on being a brainlet
Good job, here I will dig out more if you're so inclined.

Yeah that get sure was an epic win xDDD

Time to read up on some swedish-polish wars.

>few irrelevant battles with a few thousand soldiers

>Swedes completely pillage their way through your country, killing and raping anyone in their path and basically permanently make you a fucktoy for all your neighbours

whoa...

Ah, so you're a self-hating poleshit. Good to know. I will ignore you from now on.

If you weren't a total fucking retard, you would know that Swedes entered without any fucking resistance, you fucking imbecile.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_Kėdainiai

When the actual army went against the Swedes, Swedes lost majority of their army.

I am not and you will not.

>you would know that Swedes entered without any fucking resistance
How does that make it better for Poland? It's even more pathetic that way
t. Pole

You're illiterate and I'm done wasting my time on you. Read or shut the fuck up.

>You're illiterate and I'm done wasting my time on you
I'm not the guy you were arguing with, this is my only reply ITT

lol this

>Pooleshits were too lazy or retarded to actually set up any resistance so it's not fair to judge them for the fact that one war killed off 1/3 of their population >:(

Polish decisions had to be approved by the nobility at large. The interests of nobility lied largely in expanding their desmene in Ukraine/Belarus. This meant that they had clear reason to support an expensive and a destructive foray to the West. Furthermore, it would have most likely ruined the Polish part of Empire through razing and looting, something unprecendented as it had remained untouched for a century and half.

because they were more or less allies for the most time?

This is unironically what pick Europe looks like

lol because of east and west Prussia being disconnected from each other, PLC looks like it's flexing.

>Ukraine/Belarus
Who uses these words in a pre-19th century context?

This is the real answer.
The western border of Poland stood untouched for centuries. The beef they had with Germans at the time came from the north.

>west Prussia
It's called Pomerania

What about Austria?

They helped them in Vienna even though it was against their interests
Habsburgs tried to take over the Polish throne once or twice
And that's pretty much it, until the time of partitions. It was a very stable border, especially if you consider things like pic related, a Polish administered land in Hungary 1412-1769 until the emperor decided to take it

>The Polish administrative and legal code was replaced by the Prussian system, and 750 schools were built from 1772-1775.[1] Both Protestant and Roman Catholic teachers taught in West Prussia, and teachers and administrators were encouraged to be able to speak both German and Polish. Frederick II of Prussia also advised his successors to learn Polish, a policy followed by the Hohenzollern dynasty until Frederick III decided not to let William II learn the language.[1] Despite this, Frederick II (Frederick the Great) looked askance upon many of his new citizens. In a letter from 1735, he calls them "dirty" and "vile apes"[2] He had nothing but contempt for the szlachta, the numerous Polish nobility, and wrote that Poland had "the worst government in Europe with the exception of Ottoman Empire".[3] He considered West Prussia less civilized than Colonial Canada[4] and compared the Poles to the Iroquois.[3] In a letter to his brother Henry, Frederick wrote about the province that "it is a very good and advantageous acquisition, both from a financial and a political point of view. In order to excite less jealousy I tell everyone that on my travels I have seen just sand, pine trees, heath land and Jews. Despite that there is a lot of work to be done; there is no order, and no planning and the towns are in a lamentable condition."[5] Frederick invited German immigrants to redevelop the province,.[1][6] Many German officials also regarded the Poles with contempt.

Why are Polacks such subhumans compared to Germans? It's no wonder Germans wanted Lebensraum. All that good land was being wasted on Slavshits.

Did your mother drop you on head head when you were little?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_Kėdainiai
He's talking about the geographical area moron

>moron
That's uncalled for, you prick.
Still, who uses these terms in the historical context?

>Trying to conquer most unorganized territory in history of mankind
Gustavus tried and fucking died from it.

Does proxy war counts?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisowczycy#Devils_in_the_Holy_Empire

>copying from wikipedia
Wow crigne, szwedzka kurwa...

migh as well not refer to poland as poland either then

Germans feared the Lisowczyk warrior.

What's wrong with using those terms?

It's like using the term Pakistan when describing the Indus valley civilization

Well I actually agree. When you use the term "Poland" to refer to 16th century Silesia, Pomerania but not Red Ruthenia, that's also incorrect.

its so easy to spot the poles itt

>Poles in the thread about Poland
Whoa

I like how you failed to give him any sources or articles supporting your viewpoint.

Being Polish obliges you to know your own history.

>raping anyone in their path
Does that mean Poles are secretly nordic master race too?

>t. no sources to refute

Stay buttblasted Polaks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-UL8MCgwTlk

>Sicily not trinarchi
REEEE

>not backing Spain who wants to be HRE in exchange for the troublesome Protestant parts of Bohemia
Dynasty spreading is a blessing and a curse

*brakes horshoe* YOU TALKIN TO ME

>ignoring Poland supporting hussites only because austria was suppourting teutones
>ignoring how long it takes Saxony to become ruler of Poland
>ignoring how Saxony was allowed to become king of Poland because he was an ally to the emperor and thus did not threaten the balance

Actually it’s Pomeralia

Why amerisharts allowed to speak about European history? This thread is cancer incarnate

PLC is the perfect example to btfo lolbergs/ancaps/minarchists

Actually, Royal Prussia, Polish Prussia and West Prussia were all common names used for the area.

No it's not.
>east and west Prussia being disconnected from each other

He used it to refer to Pomerania in his comment though, to refer to pic related

>He used it to refer to Pomerania

not really

can't believe Poland gave away Prussia for free

>those swedes

KEK.

Violently

So what would you call those lands? The lands of the Rus, Ruthenia.

Is it just me or did Poland and Russia kind of have a really autistic relationship historically?

Just say its ancient Pakistan who the fuck cares imagine being this autistic

>swedes
keke

nig

Charles the V was burgundian, if anything. He was the great grandson of Charles the Bold, raised in the burgundian low countries, and didn't speak a word in spanish until he inherited the castilian/aragonese crowns.

Did you take a look at the map you posted? Do you think that waging war on the largest state in Europe while having the Ottomans knocking at your door is a good idea at all?

Why couldn't we save it.

Still Castile was his main kingdom and where his son would install the court permanently.

If they reformed, everyone would fear the Polish-Lithuanian warrior.

But the policies he took during his reign were aligned with his position as HRE. In fact, many spanish resources were wasted in obtainig and maintaining Charles' emperorship, while boicotting aragonese trade in favor of Genoa.

>give Prussia away for free
>when you’ve almost lost a war
Still should have left it to the emperor to decide and then maybe it would be freedom in 50 years
>lower Saxony is north of the rest of Saxony, the electorate of Saxony doesn’t share a land border with Charlemagne’s Saxony, the kingdom of Westphalia wasn’t in West khakis

>wasting
>maintaining
SPANISH ADVISORS GET OUT REEE I AM THE STATE WHO CARES IF THE KINGDOM IS OVEREXTENDED

>>lower Saxony is north of the rest of Saxony, the electorate of Saxony doesn’t share a land border with Charlemagne’s Saxony, the kingdom of Westphalia wasn’t in West khakis
What do you mean?

The only way that phrase
>east and west Prussia being disconnected from each other
Would make sense is if that guy was refering to Pomerania as West Prussia.
The actual West Prussia wasn't disconnected from the East, they shared a border

nah, he did a pretty good job as a whole, but with constant conflict with france in italy, the turks at the gates of Europe, and a Reformation spreading wild, mining his authority, he simply couldn't face such a challenge. I don't think anyone could

why are swed and finland cuck so obnoxious?
>doesn't matter we lose all wars, we do fine at start
lmao

Why are Poles on Veeky Forums so insecure and obnoxious? This shit is Wehraboo tier

pay repairations to poland and lithuania, return stolen artifacts displayed in swedish museums!

>Why people dislike revisionism and obvious bullshit that insults their history

No, why do they get so vocal about it? See posts like for example. What's the point? Do you think people will actually change their behaviour because of it? People either know but don't care or don't know and don't care either, both mostly prefer to shitpost. It's like Wehraboos flying into fits of rage everytime someone posts Bomber Harris or Brits rambling about how Britain is the good guy of history everytime someone memes about the eternal Anglo. You're that guy who gets angry at 12 year olds on xbox live who tell you they totally banged your mom last night

We're on a history board if you haven't noticed.

How is his post unrelated to history? Are you too retarded to understand analogies?

This does not adress my point. People like you jumping on every troll post they see actively degrade the quality of Veeky Forums even further

So I guess it's better to not reply to anyone then, right? Let this board die.